Sexy and Sassy! Septemeber Tribal Challenge

Options
2»

Replies

• sass30
    sass30 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Good morning team! I am really excited about starting this challenge. When will it officially start? What exercises do we do when it starts? Is it something that is posted weekly or daily? I guess I'm just kind of confused about the "rules." If anyone could take the time to explain it to me, I'd really appreciate it:flowerforyou:
    I am definitely ready to drop some weight next month!

We will officially start on Sept. 1. As for the rules...they seem to be constantly changing. My only rules are stated in the first post on this thread.
    So I want to give those of you who are not currently in the August challenge an idea of what you are getting yourself into. Below is week 1 and week 4 of the August challenge.

AUGUST CHALLENGE WEEK 1
    This is the week one team challenge. This should be done in addition to your normal workout routine.
    This is a challenge and is not a replacement! If you need a beginner workout please contact your team
    captain for ideas.

Week One Daily Exercise Challenge
    Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team
    members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus
    Points.
    Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 100 Jumping Jacks*(see below)
    Day 2 Exercise Challenge – Walk, Run or Jog 1 Mile (extra)
    Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 50 Situps or Ab Crunches*
    Day 4 Exercise Challenge – 40 UP and Downs *
    Day 5 Exercise Challenge – 25 Pushups *
    Day 6 Exercise Challenge – 25 Squat Lunges*
    Day 7 Rest! You deserve it!

If you are uncertain on how to do an exercise get with your captains as they will have a weblink to each
    exercise.

Week One Weekly Team Challenge

Each team member in order to get the weekly team bonus points must all log every day and not go over
    their target calories and log at least 64 oz. of water each day. If each team member does this all 6 days
    your team will be awarded 5 Bonus Points.

*Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best
    as you are much stronger than you believe.

AUGUST CHALLENGE #4: INSPIRE AND RETIRE!
    Week 4 and FINAL Daily Challenges

Day 1: 2 sets of 20 Windshield Wipers, 3 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of Swimmer’s Press
    Day 2: 2 sets of 20 Tuck Jumps, 50 Squat Kicks, 20 Globe Jumps
    Day 3: 20 Split Squat Jumps, 3 sets of 20 Wood Chops
    Day 4: 40 ZigZag Hops, 3 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Press
    Day 5: 2 sets of 20 Burpees, 50 Squat Kicks, 20 Globe Jumps
    Day 6: 20 Mountain Climbers, 3 Sets of 20 Wood Chops, 3 sets of 20 Tuck Jumps
    Rest on Sunday (or day of choice)

Monday 8/29 - Final Days make them count! 200 Jumping Jacks, 100 Crunches, 10 burpees, 10 mountain
    climbers, 10 globe jumps, 10 Squat Kicks, 10 ZigZag Hops! These are a little different. IF YOU ARE ABLE
    AND YOU ARE! Do these consecutively. No stopping to rest, don’t break these into sets! I’ve designed
    this so you can see just how far you’ve come. Many of you would never be able to do all of these in one
    setting on August 1st. BUT YOU’VE Found the inner Beast, You’ve Unleashed you ROCKSTAR and you’ve
    become an EXERCISE MACHINE. I’m proud of you and you should be VERY proud of yourself!

Tuesday 8/30- Final Days make them count! Walk, Run, Jog a 5K that is 3.2 miles straight no stopping! As
    fast or as slow as you need to! YOU CAN DO IT I PROMISE! At 447lbs I did it in one hour and 15minutes
    with 3 hills. You can do this I promise! PUSH YOURSELF AND PROVE TO YOURSELF YOU ARE A WARRIOR!
    Wednesday - REST BECAUSE THURSDAY ITS GOING TaaaaaRIBALLLLL!!!!!!!!

Weekly Team Challenge
    4000 team crunches, 4000 Jumping Jacks and 100 extra miles! This equals about 200 per team for
    crunches and jumping jacks for the week along with an extra 5 miles for each team member! The Last
    part of the team weekly challenge is solicit a friend or family member to join MFP and begin the next
    month’s journey with you. Inspire others that’s easy. The retire portion of the week is about looking
    back at the past 30 days. You have had to retire many old habits, many excuses and reasons why not to
    exercise. It’s time to retire those and move forward to the new you! YOU ARE MY INSPIRATIONS! Keep
    it up as we INSPIRE our circle of influence and RETIRE the old ways! Go Inspirations Go!

From Gary6030:

SEPTEMBER IS COMING! We will have two sets of exercises. I don't want this to be confusing at all. I'm thinking about using an external website to post this stuff so everyone could go to one point wherever they are. But that might be an October thing...not sure. We will have a beginner and a killer series workout. You get to decide. But push yourself. Try the killer's if your body isn't ready that just means just that you aren't ready YET! You will be though I promise. The Killer side of things will be incorporating Miss Zuzzana from Bodyrock.tv some Wildman Training and some tabata HIIT Training. Some of you will be like HUH? What did he just say....others will be like now we're talking. The beginners will be what we've been doing for those that are just beginning or need another month in this exercise phase! So get your self prepared because in September we're going TRIBAL! IT'S ON LIKE ROBOT DONKEY KONG!
  • sass30
    Options
    Are you all still out there? I need everyone's start weight before September 1st. You may message me or just post here.
    After much debate this is how Gary has decided to do the points.

The scoring is as follows. I hope this is simple. If you have questions I’ll answer them for you.
    · 1 point for each pound lost per team member
    · 1 point for each team member who does their daily exercise challenge (1 point per member)
    · 1 point for the other weekly challenges (water intake, staying under calories etc.) Each week
    different challenge per member
    · (you will put 1 in the excel spreadsheet)
    · BONUS POINTS
    o Daily Exercise – If every team member logs the daily exercise as doing it for all 6 days
    Mon – Sat. You may award your TEAM an extra 5 points
    o Weekly Challenges – if every team member log the weekly challenge as doing it for all 6
    days Mon – Sat. You may award your TEAM an extra 5 points
  • januarygal
    januarygal Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Are you all still out there? I need everyone's start weight before September 1st. You may message me or just post here.
    After much debate this is how Gary has decided to do the points.

The scoring is as follows. I hope this is simple. If you have questions I’ll answer them for you.
    · 1 point for each pound lost per team member
    · 1 point for each team member who does their daily exercise challenge (1 point per member)
    · 1 point for the other weekly challenges (water intake, staying under calories etc.) Each week
    different challenge per member
    · (you will put 1 in the excel spreadsheet)
    · BONUS POINTS
    o Daily Exercise – If every team member logs the daily exercise as doing it for all 6 days
    Mon – Sat. You may award your TEAM an extra 5 points
    o Weekly Challenges – if every team member log the weekly challenge as doing it for all 6
    days Mon – Sat. You may award your TEAM an extra 5 points

As of this morning I weighed 191 and i am wanting to try and keep a steady loss, I have been yo yo-ing with 2-3 pounds for a few weeks and I am hoping this challenge can kick me into the 170's by October.
    So to be clear we log to this thread every day and you log our totals on the spread sheet.
  • spurradic
    spurradic Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    so, with the points, does that mean we have to do the challenges on the days they're assigned to? or is it like the august challenge and can do them in any order on any day? just making sure :)
  • mkaluzny
    mkaluzny Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I am going into maintenance mode. I do not want to lose more weight. I don't want to cost the team my points. Is there an option for maintaining if one is at goal weight. If not, I will take one for the team and gain it back next month.
  • ahalla
    ahalla Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    You ladies are great, I am so happy that you are pumped for this! I will need your start weight by 8/30. i would like us to post them on this thread in order to motivate each other when we start posting our losses.

I am hoping to be down another pound next week but I am sitting at 135 right now.

I am sitting at 167 as of last Monday. I weigh each Monday so I will check back in on Monday and let you know if anything has changed. I am so excited to get this weight off me. Woo hoo!!
  • mkaluzny
    mkaluzny Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    As of Sunday morning (8/28), I weighed 121 lbs. I am a pound away from goal weight.
  • sass30
    Options
    you can do the exercise challenges in whatever order you want just like the August Challenge.

I will have to check on points for maintaining weight, I will get back to you all on that.

Congrats mkaluzny for being so close to goal.

I have not received the challenges yet but I will post them when I get them.
  • AmazingStace
    AmazingStace Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    My starting weight is 279.6. Here's to hoping I see the 260's by October!! Can't wait to get started!
  • zukekitty
    zukekitty Posts: 185
    Options
    My start weight for September is 136.