"H20" 70 Days Til Halloween - Week 1 & 2

Options

Replies

• AprilVal
    AprilVal Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    ckriegs - The main reason I chose lunges, is because I know my legs are an area, I really need to work on. Happy to hear youre working on losing weight again, but the right way. Starving yourself wasnt good. :( I did that when I was younger too, not good on the body.

mollybeslimmer- Happy to see you in the challenge. You got this, and youll do great.

momof2_0710- Welcome to the group, its never too late to join. I hope you like the challenges that I try to set for everyone. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Pinky - Im so happy to see your here again.. :) I hope the challenges helps push you a little bit to do that exercising you say youve
    been "depriving" yourself of. If you need the push, remember were here for you.. :)

NewLife_11- Welcome to H20. I hope you like it, and the challenges I try to have along with it. Feel free to add yourself to the spreadsheet. Pinky updates it for us all the time. :)

Alegria79 - Way to go on the 3.3 Miles. :) amazing!! Although you had to walk the end of it, you still did it!

bjshooter- Glad your in it again this time. :) Love it! I hope youre loving the Shred.. :) hoping it will help you with those pounds you keep bouncing back and forth between. wonder if youve lost inches lately instead of pounds?

321blueeyes - Yes 28 pounds seems like a lot, even though she might not accomplish the 28 pounds she can try. And no Ckriegs, dont starve yourself do it the right way. :)

nursee67- Happy to see you in the challenge.. :) Love seeing my ladies.. I hope the challenge does you good an helps you some. I know youve,had a rather busy life off and on lately. Hope all is well..

LoveNevrNds- Welcome to H20, there is always room for more people. I'm happy you joined. I hope you like it, and the challenges that comes along with it. Remember us ladies are always here to help! Looking forward to getting to know you.

joannabanana4- Welcome to H20, Im glad to see you wanted to join. Being new has its perks.. :) Feel free to jump in, in our conversations. Ihope you like it here, and the challenges that comes with it. :)

aprildauer- Where here to help you along with youre new found motivation. I hope we can help you kick this.

bmfrazie- We have a spreadsheet. Ill add the link at the bottom for everyone.

skinnyme4731- Welcome, I hope you enjoy it here.. Join in with conversation. Were all very supportive.

khoran45- Way to go on the 2.4 miles & the 120 crunches. Keep it up. :)

Julieash- Welcome to H20, I hope you like it & enjoy it. Join in and get to know everyone. We have a great bunch of ladies. Looking forward to getting to know you. :)

http://bit.ly/r6OV9n , copy that into your browser, and go there. Add your weight, weekly, and it will calculate how much youve lost for you, and if you scroll over you can add your crunches and miles also this time.. Thank you Pink for your help. Dont forget to SAVE!

Whew.. All caught up again for now. Thank goodness. I got up late today, well my legs are bugging me anyways, so I decided not to go for a walk I might do some kind of work out when I get out of work tonight. I just don't want to make it worse on my legs for the night at work. Definitely, getting up early tomorrow to get my butt out there to get a workout in. :) Hope everyone has a beautiful day.
  • Julieash
    Julieash Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    oh I should have added that yesterday I walked 3.3km (that's 2 miles) it was a short walk but it wasn't planned... I just kicked myself in the butt and went out walking at lunch time...

Today at lunch time my walk is planned.. I brought my walking clothes and shoes and the walk I usually do is exactly 5.6km (3.4 miles) now I guess I'll have to do that walk every day of the week to get my 15 miles per week :)

I didn't know about the crunches and lunges so I'll do some tonight.. can't do those at work lol

and I wanted to add that I don't have access to http://bit.ly/r6OV9n from work :( I work for the government and they block everything :( I will have to remember to go on it at night when I'm home...
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    I am going to measure in 3 days April as soon as I finish shredding, I started and finished during TOM though, weights and measurments may be slightly off.

I am attempting to stop smoking this is only day 1 and boy is it hard work :| I have shredded though, turbo jammed ane done 1.5 mile on the elliptical. I am determined not to gain weight here.
  • Alegria79
    Alegria79 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'll go next for introductions! I'm Lisa and I'm and I've been with this group since last year - thankfully I discovered these wonderful women right after I joined MFP. I've recently taken up running and my goal is to log all 150 miles running. I'm training for my first race, a 10k in October, so that should help.

I teach geography at a University and I love to read and explore new places. My husband loves trips too, so we've been on several car trips in the past couple of years, and I've now seen lots of states, provinces, and towns that I'd never been to before!

My goal this week is to not go crazy on vacation in British Columbia and to eat fairly well while I'm away (good so far). Today I ran this morning, knowing I'd be having a burger for lunch (it's from a place I ate growing up, and I've been excited to go back), and I ate the burger, but it was 780 calories and knowing that made it SIGNIFICANTLY less good. I ended up scraping off 1/2 the sauce and not eating most of the bun. It was only ok, and even with not eating the whole thing, I still felt icky afterwards.

Now I'm going to walk around the decks of this ferry and take some pictures for a while :smile:
  • cazzincali
    cazzincali Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I will rejoin the group in 2 weeks when I am finished with the other challenge! Good luck everyone! Great to see new faces!
  • nursee67
    nursee67 Posts: 503
    Options
    I will rejoin the group in 2 weeks when I am finished with the other challenge! Good luck everyone! Great to see new faces!

Good to see ya cazz! Hope all is well with you...see you soon!
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    What a busy group! I'll introduce myself to the new members as well. My name is Nikki, I'm 39 and married (17 years) to my sweetie I met way back in high school. We have 2 boys (15 and 12) and I work for a large optometry practice (I'm an optician) and hubby's a truck driver and gone 6 days a week. I'm also a singer and play/sing at church and in the community when possible, hoping my newfound confidence will get me out there more and more!

I started my journey before I found MFP at 182 pounds (I'm also only 5'2") and scared I was going to end up diabetic and sick and tired just like my mom. I started running (C25K saved my life!) on Mother's Day in May of 2010. Did my first 5k in July, second in October and joined a gym in December of that year. I was then weighing in at 167 and was disappointed in that for sure. At the end of January 2011 I re-discovered MFP and having been losing steadily ever since! Found this H2O group back in Feb during the Easter challenge and haven't looked back since! Currently I'm weighing 134.8 (stupid TOM, it was 134 last week) and not really sure how much more I'm going to lose. I'm hoping 5-10 more, but we'll see, I seriously haven't been this small since college!!!! I'm training for my first half marathon which is September 24 and I'm getting really excited/nervous!!!! One of my college roommates is coming from a long way to run my first one with me and I can't wait to spend time with her again as well as see the changes we've both been making!

Anyway, I got in my 5 miles this morning but have been fighting a sinus thing yesterday and today, so I feel like crap and hope it goes away soon. I'm sure it's just my allergies and the weather, but whatever. It sucks.
  • momof2_0710
    momof2_0710 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    So i have done 2 out of the 3 challenges:

Challenge 2: Bought a pedometer to track my walking Yay

Challenge 3: Tried out Butt Bible Lower 1 today and my buns where on fire when i was done lol

Daily Positives:
    1.) Being a Sexy Wife for my Husband
    2.) Being able to keep up with my 5 year old and 20 month old
    3.) Doing this for me and not because somebody said I needed 2!

Edit:
    Thought I only did 2 challenges, but I just remembered I did challenge 1 today 2!

So I dont eat tomatoes at all, but today I added it to my salad for dinner. So I think that qualifies challenge 1!
  • chedeco
    chedeco Posts: 109
    Options
    Alright, I'm just jumping right in. I apparently joined MFP last August (2010) and then didn't do anything with it. I decided at the beginning of this week that I was going to make some changes and I re-discovered the iPhone app. When I keyed in my starting weight of 188.75 lbs, it informed me that I weighed 200 lbs at my last log-in! Nothing like finding out you're already 11.25 lbs ahead! Anyway, as I said, my restart-weight was 188.75. As of Wednesday morning 8/24, I weighed 185. I guess I should also mention that I'm 5'3". My goal is to get down to 110 lbs, losing about 8-10 lbs. a month. I'm 26 and a preschool teacher but I also have chronic, frequent, and severely debilitating migraine headaches, which sometimes make it challenging to eat right and exercise. In addition to my other treatment, my docs have suggested I make some lifestyle changes, including drinking more water, exercising, and eating more healthily. I'm psyched to see how this group challenge will work for me! I guess I'll post my new food, treat myself, exercise video, positive things, and exercise stats tomorrow. Glad to meet you all!
  • ckriegs
    ckriegs Posts: 21
    Options
    Hey I see crunches on the spreadsheet up not lunges – am I missing something? Thanks!

I love looking at the spreadsheet and seeing how hard everyone is working. It’s really encouraging. This is a great idea :-)
  • ckriegs
    Options

Challenge 3: Tried out Butt Bible Lower 1 today and my buns where on fire when i was done lol

Sounds like a workout I need! Would love to hear how you like it and if you see results.
  • Julieash
    Julieash Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Just checking in :) I'm doing good and feeling good about myself.. I've walked 5.6 miles in the past 2 days and I'm going again today at lunch for my 3.4 miles.. even tho my legs are killing me.. I have to do it :)

I'm just wondering who else is like me in this group.. I'm pear shapped... it's all in the legs.. so I'm wondering if anyone here has tips for me :)

Didn't do any crunches or lunges yesterday... my legs were like jello last night and I was just not up to it once I got home.. my daughter (16 year old) made me go shopping with her for a couple of hours so I guess all that walking did burn some calories :)

Now tomorrow's going to be a hard one.. there's a big BBQ party with everyone from my boyfriend's work.. tons of really bad foods for me.

When I introduced myself I don't think I mentionned anything about work.. well I work for the Government of Canada.. I've been here for 10 years now, I work for Canada Revenue Agency as Assistant to Director it's a fun job. Oh and my boyfriend Rémi he's a graphic deisgner for a new company that just started last year and it's already gone International :) I do some work for him at night helping him out :)
  • bmfrazie
    bmfrazie Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options
    Are we going to add a column on the spread sheet for lunges?
  • 321blueeyes
    321blueeyes Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I took the liberty of adding a column for lunges. Hope that was OK?

Question - does 1000 lunges mean 500 on each leg, or 1000 on each leg?
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    My allergies are working overtime this week and it's killing me! I've had a major sinus headache the past four days and have been blowing my nose a million times a day... ugh. I slept in and had a nice lunch with hubby before he left for work (he's a truck driver, so he's gone 6 days a week usually) and then I tried to run. I got about 4 miles of running in and about .75 of walking, but it's fine, at least I tried. I'll try again tomorrow. Glad this is a recovery week... not feeling a 12 mile run today!!! Yikes!

Anyway, I haven't done any of the crunches or lunges, maybe I'll get to working those in this week if I start to feel better. It's taking everything I have not to stay in bed feeling sorry for myself this weekend!!!!
  • AprilVal
    AprilVal Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I havent caught up in the past day or so. Having some issues with the inlaws. So right now, Im getting what I can straightened out.. I have a busy day tomorrow.. Pictures, Pictures, and more Pictures.. Im deleting my main facebook page, because of all that going on.. Ill catch up with everyone really soon..
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Results as of Sunday, 8/28:

Miles: 22.84/150
    Crunches: 200/1000
    Lunges: 50/1000

Challenges for WEEKS 1 & 2

Challenge 1: Try a new food, or recipe.
    ~Not Yet
    Challenge 2: Treat yourself. To a pedicure, manicure, a new shirt, something for YOU!
    ~Went for a walk on the beach today and had a relaxing time at the nail shop.
    Challenge 3: Try or retry a workout DVD. Repeat 3 times over the next 2 weeks.
    ~Did Jillian Michaels 6 Week 6 Pack DVD on Thursday for the 1st time. I will do it 2 more times next week

AprilVal-Hope everything works out for the best with your in-laws

Keep up the good work everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • bmfrazie
    bmfrazie Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options
    Results as of 8/29

Miles: 3.27/150
    Crunches: 70/1000
    Lunges: 0/1000
    This week I will focus on these numbers more and get to my body moving!

Challenges for WEEKS 1 & 2

Challenge 1: Try a new food, or recipe.
    ~I had the most amazing salsa guacamole yesterday that was homemade by a friend.

Challenge 2: Treat yourself.
    ~ I am really low on money so no real pampering for a while. However, my treat was Saturday night I got to listen to an amazing Brass Band that totally made me the happiest New Orleans Southern girl living in Northern Michigan. It was such a great treat!

Challenge 3: Try or retry a workout DVD. Repeat 3 times over the next 2 weeks.
    ~ UGH I need to do this but I have lacked motivation and have been really busy with the end of summer stuff. My son goes back to school next week so I can put more into this.

Positives:
    1. I have an interview to be a Cross Country Coach
    2. I got to have a fun New Orleans Themed night over the weekend and stil have sore legs from all the dancning
    3. I dropped to my new lowest MFP weight this past week!
  • nursee67
    nursee67 Posts: 503
    Options
    Happy Monday ladies!:smile::smile: :smile:
    I started out today showing a gain from last week...but then I didn't follow anything at all because I wanted to start the challenge today.
    I thoroughly cleaned my house, it so needed it. But I did not count as calories burned although I sweated through it. Took a walk this evening..
    I did not eat any junk today...my diary looked nice! I also joined a biggest loser challenge here which starts soon. I needed the true motivation, working with a team mate. I don't want the other person to get knocked out because of me so I will be trying the hardest I can. Kind of like how I lost my weight early on, a biggest loser challenge at work.

Currently working on the challenges

1. Walking...I can do that one!
    2. Lunges/Crunches... I start out well, need to keep it up.
    3. New Recipe...I am making Chicken Creole Wed. If it turns out good, I will post the recipe. it is from a healthy cookbook.
    4. Treat myself...I am thinking about this one.
    5. Workout DVD... I am actually going to break out my EA Sports and Zumba for PS2. I have had them forever...maybe I should do them!

My positives for the week::happy:
    I have some encouragement form my daughter. She started her gym class which is conditioning. She is teaching me some things she is learning.
    I have decided to cut the apron strings for my son. I have to let him figure it out without my constant reminders, advice, butting in...etc. It really did take a weight off.
    I am journaling...goal setting. It needs to be done.

So, enjoy the week...the weather in the Midwest is supposed to be BEAUTIFUL..

Linda :heart:
  • ckriegs
    Options
    Hey everyone! Just wanted to say: You guys are super encouraging!! When I go to the gym at the end of the day, I can’t wait to get back, record what I did and see how everyone else is doing. Keep up the hard work. We can do this and together we WILL do this!!