My name is Pete and i'm addicted to biscuits!

Options
Hey guys!

I joined this lil community the other day after a recommendation from my other half (by other half i mean better half)

I've battled with my weight for years and always wanted to slim down and tone up but i really struggle with the motivation. I did it once in the run up to my sisters wedding last year and lost a stone in a few months and i then had a bad case of tonsillitis right before christmas which caused me to lose a further half a stone but this gave me a false sense of security and i over-indulged over xmas and before knew it i was back into my old eating habits and i'm now the heaviest i've ever been (15st)

My biggest mountain to climb is changing my attitude towards food and eating so if any of you have similar problems, drop me a line, any support and encouragement would be VERY appreciated!!

Thanks all!!

Pedzter :)

Replies

• sarantonio
    sarantonio Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I too am addicted to biscuits....but I think you've come to the right place to lose some stones!(if I knew what that was...I know its a measurement, but???) Your better half is a smart one, GOOD LUCK!! If you need a friend, add me:smile:
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    biscuits!!! mmm
  • Br00zR
    Br00zR Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    14lbs = 1 stone.

GOOD LUCK PETEY-PIE!
  • Misdy
    Misdy Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Eeek biscuits are evil!!! Lol, that's easy for me to say because I'm not a huge biscuit person. Although wagon wheels are mighty awesome I must say.... Good luck with your weight loss goals - MFP is gold for motivation. Feel free to add me as a friend :D
  • Autumn15
    Autumn15 Posts: 213
    Options
    Addictions are tough but if given time you can beat them...Don't be hard on yourself and never tell yourself you have to give up anything completely just do them in moderation. I do a cheat day if I'm feeling the need on my weigh in day so that I have the next week to do a bit of extra calorie burning to work off the cheat. If you need support feel free to add me as a friend. :smile:
  • Bella0608
    Bella0608 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Good luck you have walked into the right place its really easy once you get into the swing of things on here

And a stone is 14lbs :)
  • fab50G
    fab50G Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    14lbs = 1 stone.

Thank you! I've been wondering.
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Ohhhh Biscuits. Here in the southern US we eat alot of biscuits. And usually they are covered in some kind of gravy. Welllll, not anymore. I have had to give them us to get this weight off.

Glad you found the site. Good luck in your journey. :)
  • Br00zR
    Options
    I'm new too! But I'm more addicted to beer. That's my main vice. :(
  • tramaine81
    tramaine81 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Lol! biscuits aren't bad. However, biscuits with a million ingredients in them are. Solution: make ur own biscuits. That way, you know what you are eating.

I just read that BISCUITS=COOKIES

I had that problem. The problem is that you are not eating enough protein and real carbohydrates. Your body is craving energy in the quickest way it knows how: a cookie.

Solution: Eat real food and real snacks (increase protein)

Good luck!
  • Pedzter
    Pedzter Posts: 6
    Options
    Just to clarify, being english, biscuits to me are what cookies are to you guys over the pond ;)
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Hi Pete.
  • Autumn15
    Options

LOL Again think moderation
  • sw33tp3a11
    sw33tp3a11 Posts: 4,646 Member
    Options
    I think everyone has a food they are addicted too, I think you can still eat them but just with a little moderation. So don't go crazy...Good luck pete!
  • sarantonio
    sarantonio Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    :noway:

Oh, crap...I'm addicted to that too!
  • Misdy
    Misdy Posts: 81 Member
    Options

my vice is wine - but I've found reducing my wine intake has well been worth the weight loss I've had! Welcome!

BTW, I drank my first PINT of beer at a german club the other night - it was fantastic!
  • 2ht2hand1e
    2ht2hand1e Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Congrats on beginning your journey here! You are a few steps ahead of where I started, as I decided early on that I could get to where I wanted to be without changing my attitude towards food, and it's relationship to my body and mind....My advice is to make a goal, announce it to your supporters, and keeping making adjustments to meet that goal. Then reward yourself (this step was challenging for me, especially in the beginning, because my self-rewards have been food a lot...so I made goals to find other rewarding things too!). It was very challenging at first, but I am finding many things I was afraid to try before, VERY enjoyable)... And remember that you cannot fail at this, unless you quit.

The people on this site are so helpful and positive. We are blessed to have each other.

Keep logging!!

:)
  • Br00zR
    Options

LOL Again think moderation

But it's SOOOOOO hard!

Especially when you're a beer-monster like me.

Tell 'em Pete!
  • Autumn15
    Options
    Just to clarify, being english, biscuits to me are what cookies are to you guys over the pond ;)

Oh well I totally understand the addiction cookies rock!! Just try to have your better half find recipes that she can modify to make them a bit healthier so you can still enjoy them every now and then with less guilt. :happy:
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Ohhhh Biscuits. Here in the southern US we eat alot of biscuits. And usually they are covered in some kind of gravy. Welllll, not anymore. I have had to give them us to get this weight off.

Glad you found the site. Good luck in your journey. :)

Oh, how I love Chick fil a gravy biscuits. I used to eat them several mornings a week. I can't tell you the last time I had one!! I am in the south, too...GA...where biscuits are just part of life. Like sweet tea :) I think most southerners can live on them!!

Good luck!! You CAN do it!