My name is Pete and i'm addicted to biscuits!

Options

Replies

• Autumn15
    Autumn15 Posts: 213
    Options
    I'm new too! But I'm more addicted to beer. That's my main vice. :(

LOL Again think moderation

But it's SOOOOOO hard!

Especially when you're a beer-monster like me.

Tell 'em Pete!

LOL I didn't say it would be easy, just that it was possible. You look like a tough guy I think you can do it. :wink:
  • Br00zR
    Br00zR Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Just to clarify, being english, biscuits to me are what cookies are to you guys over the pond ;)

Oh well I totally understand the addiction cookies rock!! Just try to have your better half find recipes that she can modify to make them a bit healthier so you can still enjoy them every now and then with less guilt. :happy:

Errrr, "she"?

*AHEM*
  • Br00zR
    Options
    I'm new too! But I'm more addicted to beer. That's my main vice. :(

LOL Again think moderation

But it's SOOOOOO hard!

Especially when you're a beer-monster like me.

Tell 'em Pete!

LOL I didn't say it would be easy, just that it was possible. You look like a tough guy I think you can do it. :wink:

I'm only tough *because* of the beer though. I'm sure of it!

I think it fuels my powers!
  • reedee94
    reedee94 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Once you start putting details of the biscuits in the caloie counter you may see why you need to cut down on them. Good luck Pete.
  • Hillary_Love
    Options
    Just to clarify, being english, biscuits to me are what cookies are to you guys over the pond ;)

hehe Oh i love that you had to clarify for all us silly Americans, that is so funny to me. I think I am going to start calling them that too, because I ate 5 biscuits for breakfast today sounds soo much better than I ate 5 cookies and the bowl of cookie dough ( i had to throw that in too because I can't make cookies without at least eating half the cookie dough. Yumms!) this morning. But good luck, add me and I will support you all that I can!
  • Bella0608
    Bella0608 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Biscuits in gravy? Confused yes lol
  • MysizeBarbie24
    MysizeBarbie24 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    i noticed tht if i eat cake i want it all the time so i just let it go and stay clear of the cake lol...now idk if you would be interested but im "trying " to start but i looked at reviews and i believe it will works. not only because of the reviews tho. but if your into tht type of thing, research it and see what you think!!
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Hi Pete,

I'm Kyle and I'm a chocoholic... but with MFP and a 12-point plan... you too can sort yourself out :bigsmile:
    My biggest mountain to climb is changing my attitude towards food and eating so if any of you have similar problems, drop me a line, any support and encouragement would be VERY appreciated!!
    I think the best advise I can give is to realise that there is no such thing as a quick fix. It takes 2-3 times as long and 5 times the effort to lose every lb you put on. But that doesn't meant give up now and go eat a sleeve of Jaffa Cakes. :laugh:

I'm now 2.5 weeks into my new weight-loss regime (I refuse to call it a DIET :sick: ) and I have found being able to easily track what I've been eating with MFP has been a godsend. It's made me more conscious of how much I've been eating and how something might seem like a lite-bite can be a calorie-filled nightmare.

Also you'll get a lot of encouragement here to keep on track and that's really helpful, especially if your nearest and dearest don't quite share your enthusiasm for getting fit, shedding a few lbs and becoming food wise. :bigsmile:

Biscuits in gravy? Confused yes lol
    Bella, in the US they have these things called biscuits which sort of look like scones only they're not sweet. They are often eaten with fried chicken and you get them in KFC in the USA too. :tongue:
  • Autumn15
    Autumn15 Posts: 213
    Options

Oh well I totally understand the addiction cookies rock!! Just try to have your better half find recipes that she can modify to make them a bit healthier so you can still enjoy them every now and then with less guilt. :happy:

Errrr, "she"?

*AHEM*

Sorry she or he :blushing:
  • leanne2376
    leanne2376 Posts: 217
    Options
    I hear you loud and clear - i am or at least was addicted to pizza. Since starting on MFP i have lost approx 18lbs and never felt better. The continued support from my MFP friends has been a life saver. It's tough but you'll get there.

Read Jillian Michaels book 'Winning by Losing' it is so inspiring and really has changed my out look on life

welcome friend
  • jazzkat68
    jazzkat68 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    mmmm....biscuits! lol! I have a coworker who is from London and when his parents visit, they bring us biscuits and chocolate! Oh and crisps.... :) Evil, I say!! Lol!
  • ECD28
    ECD28 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hey Pete! Good luck on your new adventure! I've just joined as well and am pretty excited about this new step. Feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • Choclat_Pearl
    Choclat_Pearl Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Hello Pete and Welcome:

I was addicted to pasta of every kind, hmmm Pasta!

I haven't been here long but I can tell it is a great support system...Hang n There! Good on this Journey.
  • mamax5
    mamax5 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Well this silly american knew you meant cookies....but my question is...what do you call what we call biscuits?
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    There are health-ier bisuits/cookies out there... of course, I guess it depends on what you like. I love multi-grain/whole grain type foods... thank goodness they can be good (not-so-bad?) for you, too! Nabisco has "Fruit Thins" cookies... uh biscuits... in several flavors. I guess I don't know if they sell them outside the US or what they would be called. But, they give me my sweet fix, they're only 140 calories for 3 , 5g Fat, 1g Sat Fat, and 7g sugar. For three, that's not really bad. I can eat only one or two and be good with it.

Good luck!!
  • sweetmornings
    Options
    Welcome Pete! Feel free to add me. The support here is great and this is only my second day. try getting biscuits that are healthier for u or even try some of the gluetin free. Just make sure you read lables.
  • geraldm55
    geraldm55 Posts: 130
    Options
    Hey Pete

I may not eat bisquits but for years I've lived by the idea that if it sat still long enough it must be food and you can eat it.................trust me I did.

in just over 1 week I've lost weight and I currently weigh 18.6 stones and if I can do it so can you!!

as my good friend Yoda once said there is no try you either do or do not there is no try :)

so lets DO IT!!!
  • Br00zR
    Options
    Well this silly american knew you meant cookies....but my question is...what do you call what we call biscuits?

I've looked into these strange things online and they seem to just be fried dough. :-S

We don't have anything like this.
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Actually biscuits are usually BAKED dough... not that I haven't ever punched a hole in the middle of one, deep-fried it, and called it a doughnut. :bigsmile:
  • Br00zR
    Options
    You guys are inventive with your bad foods, I'll give you that. ;)