how do you guys feel about public food diaries?

Options
1235»

Replies

• mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Mine's open. I don't really care what others think.

x2 I've gotten this far eating using artificial sweetener, drinking diet drinks, eating all sorts of processed foods, and NOT watching my sodium. LOL Don't think you're going to change me now! I'm perfectly happy with my diet as it is. But if someone wants to look, be my guest. :) I'm not perfect, but it works for me.

It's been proven artificial sugar is bad for you, and also habit forming. But that's just how I look at it.
  • RangerSteve
    Options

It's been proven artificial sugar is bad for you, and also habit forming. But that's just how I look at it.

Most of the studies that show the dangers of artificial sugars are done with MASSIVE amounts of it. They are also usually done on rats. When the bodyweight/sugar intake is calculated out, it usually comes to about 5+ gallons of diet soda a day. No, this doesn't mean I'm saying it's good for you. I'm saying it's not as bad as a lot of the articles say it is.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Mine is open to my friends. I don't know why I set it that way - I approve anyone to be a friend if they request me. But you know, I eat McDs some times, and I drink beer - and I would expect my friends to say, "hey, maybe you could have cut out that beer last weekend" if I start having trouble losing weight. Until I'm having a problem with my fitness goals though, there's not a whole lot of anything anyone can say to make me stop doing things my way.
  • philOHIO
    philOHIO Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Those posts regarding eating the crap... don't worry, it catches up with you when you are 40, guaranteed!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I have mine public, I've never been contacted about it randomly and I've received needed advice periodically when I ask.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Mine's open. I don't really care what others think.

x2 I've gotten this far eating using artificial sweetener, drinking diet drinks, eating all sorts of processed foods, and NOT watching my sodium. LOL Don't think you're going to change me now! I'm perfectly happy with my diet as it is. But if someone wants to look, be my guest. :) I'm not perfect, but it works for me.

Your diet actually looks good. :bigsmile:
  • mattysmom
    mattysmom Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Mine is public, it helps if I feel like I will be accountable for my choices (even though I'm only accountable to myself) Also I like to see others (especially those who have been on here awhile & had success) cause then I can see what works foodwise & what might not. I can get meal & snack ideas also
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Mine's public. I don't really have any reason to keep it private.
  • ladynica
    ladynica Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Mine is public. I've never had anyone criticize my diary, but if I did I'd just delete that person. No big deal. That said, sometimes my friends do rib me a bit when I make poor choices, but that's the whole reason I have it public. I want to be accountable to others on the days that I can't seem to hold myself accountable. There are ways to tell someone you think they made poor choices without being rude, and my friends seem to understand that quite well. :)

I do understand why some people want to keep theirs private, and a few of my friends have private food diaries. It doesn't bother me, but I also don't leave comments telling them "WTG!" when MFP says they were under goal if I can't see their diary, because for all I know they could be eating 300 calories a day and that would not be a good thing. It does affect the support I'm able to give to someone. But I'm also not going to give them grief over it.

I agree with this.
  • Inebriated
    Inebriated Posts: 271
    Options
    I have seen far too many treads about how someones food diaries are not good enough/wrong/not accurate/full of junk etc. I'm sorry but mind your own business! Mine remains PRIVATE and I'm past my goal weight (while eating a doughnut or two :laugh: )
    This sums up how I feel.