advice on clothes that no longer fit

Options
13»

Replies

• finabella
    finabella Posts: 176
    Options
    DO NOT KEEP THEM!! You are never going to fit into them again, so have anything you love altered to fit you and give the rest to good will.

I thought the same thing with a few dresses I had. I was getting them altered and was thinking that I would tell the alterations lady not to cut the material out. Then I gave myself a mental slap and said you are not going to need to take those dresses out EVER EVER again!!!
  • teasdino
    teasdino Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Dont look at it as 'throwing away'. Giving them to your favorite charity is more like you helping someone less fortunate.
    Jac
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I'm a realist, and have been overweight for a long time. Although I never want to get back into my old larger clothes, I have packed them all up in bins and have them stored in the basement. If, after 12 months I am still at my lower weight, I'll donate them. Unfortuately, statistics show that nearly 80% of us will regain all or part of the weight we have shed. So, I'm not ditching anything until I know I'm part of the 20% that succeeds in keeping it off.
  • mccrockl
    mccrockl Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    The last two times I have lost weight I had major life changes (change of country then change of school & therefore state) and the changes disrupted everything including my weight loss. Although I think this time I can keep going and then hopefully even maintain, I have kept a few of my clothes. I donate the stuff I never really loved anyway and keep the best. It really helped the last two times I regained. I don't feel like it makes a huge difference because I still LOVE fitting in smaller clothes.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!