Grocery List Help!

Options
13»

Replies

• KnottyNCrotchety
    Options
    I like Jif Natural PB, it's lower in sodium, too.

oh I didnt realize regular brand names had natural peanut butter.. honestly, I have never heard of natural peanut butter lol! What do you think about the peanut butter with the flaxseeds floating on top? is it gross?! Ive always wanted to try it but im too chicken..

I get the Valencia Peanut Butter with Flax Seeds at Trader Joes and its delish! I don't notice the flax seeds adding any flavor really to it. You do have to stir it up when you use it, but that is part of the fun. :wink: I also have a bag of flax seeds that I throw into stuff occasionally, like when I bake muffins or I will sprinkle them on a salad. You don't notice them and they are really good for you!

I have been getting the Sara Lee 100% Whole Wheat or Honey Wheat 45 and Delicious bread at the store and it is great. It is only 45 calories per slice and tastes great so you might look for that.

I take salads for lunch a lot. Its easy to throw some greens and veggies in a tupperware. I bake a few chicken breasts over my weekend to slice up and use for protein on top. I also throw a tablespoon or so of nuts in there. They act like croutons to give it a little crunch.

Also look for the Bob's Red Mill stuff at the grocery store, either in the health food section or the baking section. They have a lot of great stuff with different and whole grains and you might find something fun and different to try. There are recipes on the backs of them for ideas.
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Try mixing things up for lunch - my favorites are:

baby spinach salad with feta cheese, dried cranberries, walnuts and a light rasp vinegarette

sandwich things or wraps with avocado/turkey/laughing cow cheese/lettuce/hot peppers

Buy a variety of nuts - they make the best snacks
    Humus is the best on celery or baby carrots

Good luck!