Stocking Stuffers

Options
515TeachNRun
515TeachNRun Posts: 6,368 Member
As long as all these creative gift ideas are flying around, what do you all stuff the stockings with?

We have boring stuff: toothbrush, hair things, nail polish, candy, gum. :yawn:

Any fun ideas?

Replies

• 515TeachNRun
    Options
    As long as all these creative gift ideas are flying around, what do you all stuff the stockings with?

Any fun ideas?
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Jammies! like shorts and a t-shirt all rolled up, or a camisole/short set. Little gift cards to places like Subway or Blockbuster depending on the age. $1 lotto tickets were a big one in my family even when I wasn't 18 lol.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    For my daughters, I usually buy some cute hair barrettes, a pair of those fluffy socks, some candy, a small toy or two, pencils, and one of those big peppermint sticks.
    For my husband, a sack of coal and a pile of that fake plastic dog-doo.:laugh: :laugh:
  • GTOgirl1969
    Options
    $1 lotto tickets were a big one in my family even when I wasn't 18 lol.

I got a scratch-off last year in a Christmas card...won $250!!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    $1 lotto tickets were a big one in my family even when I wasn't 18 lol.

I got a scratch-off last year in a Christmas card...won $250!!

Wow!!! I wouldn't mind that present!! I think I'm gonna go buy a scratcher now :laugh:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    For my girls, I got lotion, body spray, bubble bath, lipglosses, gum, a little chocolate, and a Webkinz.

I also got the boring toothbrushes, socks, underwear, tights, stretchy gloves & hat. :wink:

My Mom usually gives stamps and gift cards too. :smile:
  • JMAMA
    JMAMA Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    for my 21 month old son: those bright rubbery tonka mini trucks, a big bouncy ball filled with water and glitter (it's a big one that won't fit in his mouth), and capri suns and fruit snacks, and of course a couple of oranges...
  • GTOgirl1969
    Options
    Songbyrd, I like the idea with the pajamas. I think I may try that this year, WalMart has some cute girls' pj's on sale:happy:
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    For my three year old I got her some underwear, A kids CD. bath bubbles, mittens and mini figurines of Tigger,roo, darby and buster (she already has pooh and piglet)

-Adrienne:heart:
  • 515TeachNRun
    Options
    Thanks for all the great ideas! I did pick up a book for each of them: Twilight for the 13 YO and Paula Dean's First Cookbook for the 8 YO aspiring TV cooking show host :tongue:
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    My stocking was always a sugar high waiting to happen. I LOVED my stocking.
    I always got a key chain too, odd.
    Jammies, yes!!!! and slippers. Always a good idea. And those puffy socks with the no skid bottoms, i love those.

When my parents gave me a car, they put the key in my stocking....i mean, it can't get better than that.
  • isadoraworkman
    isadoraworkman Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I always give rolled up magazines in stockings...also gives some shape to the sock, rather than a lumpy mess. You can get magazines for folks of all ages. Mittens, scarves, pedometer, wine stoppers (for the over 19 set...or in the US...21?)
    A.
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I have put little bottles of perfume or cologne, incense or small candles, my son plays guitar so I would put strings and picks.
    When I was a kid my mom always put oranges, apples, and nuts. I miss that.
    This year it's lottery tickets for the grown ups and small toys for the boys. I got my husband a lucky bell for his Harley .

Memaw
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    well coal is really hard to come by around here durring winter .... so i tell my kids that if your bad that santa will put potatoes in your stocking.... so i make sure to throw one or two in the bottom :laugh: does that make me a bad mom:laugh:
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    well coal is really hard to come by around here durring winter .... so i tell my kids that if your bad that santa will put potatoes in your stocking.... so i make sure to throw one or two in the bottom :laugh: does that make me a bad mom:laugh:

:laugh: :laugh:
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    When I was younger my favorite thing to find in my stocking was bath-tub crayons. They were the best! And I would always get one of those shrunken washcloths that you put in water and they expand. That was the best! I was a really simple child tho. :indifferent: :laugh:
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options

I love that! I'm going to have to remember this one!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options

Any fun ideas?

No matter what you stuff it with, make sure its topped off with a big orange.

My MIL stuffs them with fruit. I always get like 5 starfruits....I hate starfruit. :grumble:

I always buy my husband some sort of hardware or tool for his stocking. Hammers, nails, screwdrivers, odd things like that he really enjoys for some reason. LOL
  • mholmes
    mholmes Posts: 949 Member
    Options

No matter what you stuff it with, make sure its topped off with a big orange.

:huh: