Stocking Stuffers

Options

Replies

• jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    well coal is really hard to come by around here durring winter .... so i tell my kids that if your bad that santa will put potatoes in your stocking.... so i make sure to throw one or two in the bottom :laugh: does that make me a bad mom:laugh:

I love that! I'm going to have to remember this one!

Im glad you like it... its funny too cause christmas morning they open their stocking and i get comments like "Oh i bet this potatoe is from when i threw the snowball at school and hit that kid in the head":laugh:
  • PurdyMommy
    PurdyMommy Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    For my 3yr old....She got lots of Candy(chewy and choclolate), Lifesaver book, socks, Little petshop figurines, blowing bubbles, toothbrush, toothpaste and more Im sure!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I always got an apple, and orange, and mixed nuts in my stocking with all my other goodies. Always reminds me of Christmas, the combination of those items.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    The food in the stock is interesting to me.
    One year my mom's new BF did my stocking for me...he put two shot glasses and a bag of dry rice in the bottom. :huh: That guy was an idiot.
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Our kids get some candy (we've cut back a little on that each year... This year it's bite sized reese's), shower puffs, Yu-Ghi-Oh cards, a book, a couple of little dollar doo-dads. My husband is getting snowblowing goggles in his this year, then he can quit whining about how I didn't get him anything off his list... Big baby :laugh:
  • Sarandipity
    Sarandipity Posts: 1,560
    Options
    DVDs, christmas ornaments, and definitely the scratch lotto tickets (Bingo or Crossword). Even if you don't win they are still fun to play.

The year I turned 19 my dad filled my stocking with those little mini bottles of Alcohol. Great way to commemorate the year I turned legal :happy:
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,386 Member
    Options

No matter what you stuff it with, make sure its topped off with a big orange.

:huh:

We always got an apple, orange, and nuts too.

But to understand the orange, you should read Frankie's Oranges, a children's book by Patricia Polacco (sp). I LOVE that book!!! :cry: (even though it makes me cry!)
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    For the guys, car door lock deicers! Socks for the gals, candy for all, and it wouldn't be Christmas without the traditional Chapstick in your stocking!
  • PhotographerOfNature
    Options
    Great ideas! Any more???
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Great ideas! Any more???

Target used to sell these little plastic animals, and they still might...they're made by a German company and are very heavy-duty and well made. They have dinosaurs and farm animals as well. When I was little I loved little toys like that, just a couple and you can play pretend for hours! A disposable camera is cool too, only about $5 and they can take pics of Christmas or school. Or a home-made coupon book for a day of no chores, or getting a special dessert, or something cute like that.
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    The food in the stock is interesting to me.
    One year my mom's new BF did my stocking for me...he put two shot glasses and a bag of dry rice in the bottom. :huh: That guy was an idiot.

...wow.
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,386 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'm trying something new. I'm giving my two DD $$ and setting them loose in Target to get stuffers for their dad and me. We'll be racing and ducking from one another while I finish up theirs. Should be fun!
  • genabug
    genabug Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    Songbyrd, I like the idea with the pajamas. I think I may try that this year, WalMart has some cute girls' pj's on sale:happy:

If there is a target by you, they also had some really cute PJ's!
    I have Hannah Montana hairbrush,candy,toe rings, and webkinz!
  • genabug
    genabug Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options

No matter what you stuff it with, make sure its topped off with a big orange.

:huh:

We always got an apple, orange, and nuts too.

But to understand the orange, you should read Frankie's Oranges, a children's book by Patricia Polacco (sp). I LOVE that book!!! :cry: (even though it makes me cry!)

I never had fruit in my stocking! I would have really been disappointed in Santa!
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    So... It's official, the oldest has a halo poster for his stocking, along with a deck of Yu-Ghi-Oh cards that he said he wanted. All the kids have snickers nutcrackers (I like the holiday snickers more than the regular snickers bars, the caramel is more creamy), bite sized reeses, Nestle crunch bells, a big chocolate chip cookie tin, and giant Hersheys bars. So much for cutting back on the candy each year. DH was in charge this year. The 14 year old has a watch also, the 10 year old has a Star Wars action figure, and the youngest has a dice game.

For my hubby's stocking, I have a bottle of japanese soy sauce (we used to get a great tempura dipping sauce, but can't find it anymore), a pair guitar hero boxers (nothing more funny than your husband rocking out on a plastic guitar while wearing his underwear), a new pair of winter gloves.

Oh, and everyone gets a new shower pouf... lol
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    I work for Bed Bath and Beyond so most of my stocking stuffers come from there. My wife loves to cook so I usually fill her stocking with kitchen gadgets and these silver serving peices she loves. Some of our stores have a Harmon health and beauty aids department so I usually buy up a bunch of trial sized lotions and shampoos and such. The boys usually get fun little novelty toys like a monkey that you can shoot like a slingshot and old school candies. Stocking stuffers are my favorite because as long as its small it works. For the wine lover you can fill a stocking with bottle stoppers, wine glass charms and a corkscrew. This year I am putting together a spa stocking for my wife. Foot lotion, pedicure stuff, sleep mask, cashmere socks ect... I just think theme stockings are fun. lol:laugh: :bigsmile: :laugh:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    I think I'm getting underwear in mine. Hubby asked what size I was and when I told him he said santa guessed right!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I would like a pedometer, 3 Leslie Sansone Walk Fit tapes, a sports bra, water bottle, and a pomegranate.

OH! You meant for the kids... oops!:flowerforyou: :laugh:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    You guys get stuff in your stockings????????????:noway:

I don't even get a present!!!!!!:frown:

My son usually gets candy and educational stuff like flash cards.
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    I get miniature bottles of flavored vodka from my kids in my stocking.....I have taught them well! :laugh: