what are you like at the gym

tonilizzy88
tonilizzy88 Posts: 920 Member
im a very ignorant person at the gym headphone constantly in my ears
i see some people stand to the side of a machine and chat for 30min, i just think why not jump on the one nect to it and workout with the person ur chatting to :grumble:

are you the leave me alone this is my time kinda person
or im only here to chat away my time

Replies

• kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    I don't exist when I am at the gym. I don't chit-chat, I don't try to interact. I only have 30-40 mins to max out my workout so I'm serious about it. I'm just a gazelle in the wild, running in her natural habitat.... don't eff with me!! LOL :flowerforyou:
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    I'll talk to someone if they talk to me, but I don't go there for social hour. I put on my headphones, use the machines or weights, and that's it. When I take a kickboxing or an MMA class, however, I'm all business :-D
  • I am the "don't talk to me, I may eat you" kind of person. People walk by and say "Cheer up!" and my response is I'm not mad, this is just my face :huh:
  • GreenSkinnyJeans
    GreenSkinnyJeans Posts: 204 Member
    Cardio is ALLL headphones, I will not talk to you on cardio.
    But weights, yeah, I pull out the headphones and have quick chats with people :D.
  • Xandi
    Xandi Posts: 319
    I am the scared and out of my element type person in the gym,
    I am curious about all the equipment, but afraid to try something new.
    I am a people watcher, I am fascinated by the way people get into their workouts and I am envious of the people who are "on a mission" I strive to be like them.
  • dipsl19
    dipsl19 Posts: 317 Member
    I don't exist when I am at the gym. I don't chit-chat, I don't try to interact. I only have 30-40 mins to max out my workout so I'm serious about it. I'm just a gazelle in the wild, running in her natural habitat.... don't eff with me!! LOL :flowerforyou:

hahhaha that is SO me! i totally have a "Dont care" attitude while im working out.. i sweat like crazy, i make ridiculous faces, i mouth words to rap songs on the elliptical, I DONT CAREEEE lol
  • pilotgirl2007
    pilotgirl2007 Posts: 368 Member
    I am the leave me alone and don't talk to me type! I am not there to chat, it's not a dating game, I have one goal in mind! With that said most of the time I am at the gym to teach so I guess I have to be social during those times lol
  • tonilizzy88
    tonilizzy88 Posts: 920 Member
    weights i understand but when ur flat out on cardio i can just about talk let alone hold a conversation lol.

i just think some women at my gym go to chat up blokes :tongue:
  • sharesb
    sharesb Posts: 416 Member
    I am
    Whatever you say I am
    If I wasn't, then why would I say I am?
    In the papers, the news, everyday I am
    I don't know it's just the way I am
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    I would much rather be there by myself. I always hated when my sister-in-laws would come at the same time and just want to chat. I like to be in my own world.
  • frenchprairiegirl
    frenchprairiegirl Posts: 173 Member
    I don't mean to sound like a snob but I do not go to the gym to socialize. As a busy mom and shift worker, I have to maximize by very limited time.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    I'm a leave me alone kind of person. And not just at the gym. People irritate me and I have no use for small talk.

Move along.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    I zone out, but people on their cell phones (for extended periods of time) make me want to rip them from their hands/ear and chunk it across the gym, ESPECIALLY when they get on the equipment RIGHT next to me when there are 25 other machines available.
  • Bailey543
    Bailey543 Posts: 375
    This is exactly me!
    I am the scared and out of my element type person in the gym,
    I am curious about all the equipment, but afraid to try something new.
    I am a people watcher, I am fascinated by the way people get into their workouts and I am envious of the people who are "on a mission" I strive to be like them.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    I'm the most awesome person at my gym.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,716 Member
    Headphones and grim determination, but polite enough to wipe down machines and wait my turn.

Except this morning! I had to hit the last machine in my workout plan and some doof jumps on it with no idea how to use it. For 15 minutes I had to stand there while he fiddled with knobs and the weights, just do watch him do half of a set (half assed) and leave without wiping it off.

I don't like that dude.
  • JME67550
    JME67550 Posts: 39 Member
    I don't talk. No chit-chat. I prefer to work out alone. The extent of my conversations might be "Are you using that? Mind if I do?" I can't understand why people (okay, especially men) feel the need to comment on how nice it is to see a woman throwing some real weight around, especially in the middle of one of my sets and when I have earbuds in. Please, save your back-handed compliments!
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    I am completely oblivious to the rest of the world at the gym. Except when the occasional sexy man passes by me, but at my gym that rarely happens.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    I am allergic to the gym - so if you find me in one (never) I am probably hyperventilating.

(I probably should get over that.)
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    LOL... I'm so focused at the gym that I am pretty sure if someone tried to chat with me, I would take off my headphones, turn to them and asked them if they want to get cut!!! With a crazy look in my eyes!!

Like this!!!!

9271.gif?t=1243564842