How do you prepare your salad ?

Options
AleenaZ
AleenaZ Posts: 117
I like to know how you guys prepare your salad ? am a bit tired of my same old salad style ..

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Baby spinach, tomatoes, onion, .75 oz goat cheese, .75 oz low fat feta, carrots, egg whites (baked or grilled chicken if you're not veg), Newman's Own Olive Oil and Vinegar salad dressing (1T).
  • sincereme
    sincereme Posts: 276
    Options
    Baby Spinach, Broccoli Slaw, chicken or whatever meat I have from the night before and some dressing.

Ive also done spinach, feta, craisins and chicken with Raspberry dressing.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I like my salad tossed. :smokin:
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options

dang...you so stole my line ;)
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    In a bowl :smokin:
  • laursey
    laursey Posts: 307
    Options
    I take a bagged salad with carrots, toss is blueberries, strawberries and 2 TBSPs of blue cheese and use balsamic vinegar for my dressing. If it's a meal, I will add a can of Spicy Thai Tuna or freshly grilled salmon or chicken to it.

6143704.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Amber393
    Amber393 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    bump
  • thebunnies
    thebunnies Posts: 168
    Options
    baby spinach
    grapes, halved
    an apple, chopped
    shredded carrots
    sliced almonds
    edamame
    red pepper flakes

usually top it with either fish or chicken. sometimes i add some fresh berries, too.

i like to make my own dressing.. usually with spicy mustard, a little honey, red wine vinegar and some olive oil. salt/peper to taste.
  • CFAITH_WARD
    CFAITH_WARD Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    baby spinach, strawberries, walnuts, feta, razberry vinegrette...yummy
  • gods_gal
    gods_gal Posts: 305
    Options
    This is my favorite lunch. I always have these in it:

spring mix
    bean sprouts
    feta cheese
    mozz cheese or cheddar cheese shredded
    bacon bits
    croutons or tortilla strips
    Ken's raspberry walnut vinagrette low cal dressing (absolutely fabulous!!)

Sometimes I add:
    1 hb egg, sliced
    2 oz cut up chicken
    cottage cheese
    cucumbers when I have them

This is a staple in our house to have all these things and I need to go to the store because I ran out two days ago of the spring mix and I'm craving one now!! :smile:
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Mixed lettuce, tomato, mushrooms, red bell pepper, and throw in some sweet & spicy tuna.
  • leahsevilla
    leahsevilla Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    spinach garbanzo beans crumbled goat cheese grape tomatoes halved solid white albacore tuna avocado (if i've got it) and balsalmic vinegar.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options

That is what I was going to say as well.
  • JulieSD
    JulieSD Posts: 567
    Options
    lettuce, raspberries, cheddar, red onion, apple, almonds, sometimes grapes or raisins or cucumber, with Renee's poppy seed dressing. i change the measurements to fit the mood i'm in :) I love this salad with salmon done on the grill!
  • kje2011
    kje2011 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Kraft mango & chipolte dressing is great to put on a salad.
    Spinach, romaine, onions, red peppers, walnuts and cheese. Ah heck, you can throw in anything!
  • LittleFootHafner
    Options
    For a little higher calories, I love these 2 options:
    1 - Caesar salad (a small amount of Hormel bacon bits, a small amount of real parm. cheese, a handful of croutons, and renees light caesar dressing, all tossed with a small head of romaine lettuce, and about 80 grams of grilled chicken on top
    2 - romaine lettuce with a bit of salsa, sour cream, small amount of sharp cheddar cheese, taco turkey meat and even a few tortilla strips
  • vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options

Now that's just flat out funny! and mildly obscene!!! Good job
  • januarygal
    januarygal Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    spinach, maybe some sliced pear or apple or tinned mandarin oranges, along with some sort of nut, walnuts, sliced almonds, pine nuts, some cheese, feta or Edam or Havarti or whatever you have, and my favorite dressing in Rene's gourmet balsamic dressing found in the produce section.
    I also eat lots of all veggie salads too

ooops forgot I usually add a grilled chicken breast or prawns or tuna or salmon

you get the idea, lots of mixing it up
  • cweiler4
    cweiler4 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    baby spinach, strawberries, walnuts, feta, razberry vinegrette...yummy

Add chicken or slivered almonds instead of walnuts!!! Very yummy!
  • SuperKatie
    SuperKatie Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I have a great salad base that I've made for friends and they just love it!!! I start with a base of red leaf lettuce, but you can use what ever you have on hand. I'd stay away from iceburg b/c it doesn't have a lot of nutrition. Then I add the following:
    1 Green Onion, diced
    1 oz Walnuts (or other nut)
    .2 oz Dried cranberries
    1 oz. Goat cheese
    1 t. Good quality olive oil
    ~1T Flavored vinegar, this can be any you like or can find. Red wine works well. So does apple cider. Or balsamic. I find a lot of vinegars at art festivals or farmer's markets.

You can also add left over meat or veggies from the night before. My favorite is left over steak or sweet potatoes. If you choose to re-head the leftovers, add them after you have tossed your salad, otherwise the salad with get too hot.

Add it all to a big bowl and toss to coat. The goat cheese will make it seem "creamy," but you will have a fresh, homemade dressing.
    Make sure to season with salt and pepper.

This recipe is great b/c you can add anything you'd like. White/purple onion. Tomato. Cucumber. The dressing can change daily without much effort. I have a great pear white balsamic vinegar that is great. I also have a basil oil that I pair with red wine vinegar.

Good luck. I hope this helps.