Women and Chest Strap Heart Rate Monitor

Options
2»

Replies

• spaztastic13
    Options
    I have the new balance n4 for women that i got from target for $70 and i love but it says your not supposed to use water on the sensors your supposed to put saliva on there instead its basically to connect with the electricity in your body!!!
  • JME67550
    JME67550 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I use the Polar FT4. Ordered it from REI for around $100 (maybe a little less, maybe a little more). My husband got a Polar FT7 at an REI attic sale for $19.99! We both love Polar and have had no issues with them. I'd recommend Polar. The only fit problem I've ever had has been when I do "Supermans" instead of back extensions. Seems to dig into my sternum and results in soreness. I only do them once a week, so I can hang.
  • mandimoore617
    mandimoore617 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I bought mine at ****'s Sporting Goods. Purchased a Polar FT1 for $70. It doesn't have all the fancy functions but I wanted to make sure I liked a chest strap model before purchasing a more expensive/fancy Polar (for over $100). I got sick shortly after purchasing it so I haven't gotten to use it much, but what little I've used it, I do like it and it is comfortable.
  • mandimoore617
    mandimoore617 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    OMG. It starred out the name of the sport good store. LOL It'd D***'s... rhymes with Tick's. :laugh:
  • mrschappet
    mrschappet Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Well, I ran (okay, I DROVE LOL) to Walmart over lunch. I had picked up a watch one with a pedometer ($38). Well, Opened the box. They tell you "Hold any button for 5 secs to turn it on" Doesn't work, so I need to return it after work. So, Do I get another one or the model they have with the chest strap ($47). I'm going with the chest strapper. :-) I wanted some female feedback first LOL If they had put a woman's picture on the box, I wouldn't have asked LOL!

get one with a strap that has the option to be used without a strap. Thats what I have and I wouldn't get a different one for anything.just remember that you get what you pay for... so those few extra bucks will make all the difference.
  • tsmcarthur
    Options
    Bump*
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    My HRM -usually around $45 on Amazon -- Timex T5G971

I LOVE it!! Much more accurate than the watch IMO, and I don't even notice the chest strap once I get it on and get into my workout. Put it under your breasts around your rib cage - I position mine just under the bottom band of my sports bra. Works great, highly recommend it!!

(only down side I've found to this one vs something like a Polar is that it's not water proof, so if you're a swimmer, this isn't the HRM for you)

Actually this one is not accurate, due to the fact that you can't enter gender into the watch, so it assumes you area male and gives you the calorie burn of a male and not a female.

To OP:
    You need a chest strap at all times.. the Watch only versions are not accurate at all. I'm assuming the one your buying from Walmart is a Sportline.. which is good, but from what I've heard they break with in a year. I'd honestly look into a Polar, they really are the best HRM out there.
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    Its almost perfect, the only time its uncomfortable is when I lay on my back, the back bit digs into my spine. This is a new thing though, I think I have a bit of a boney back developing, when there was a bit more meat there I never felt it.
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I have the shoreline with chest strap from Walmart and a Body bugg armband and the HRM is very accurate for work out burns. I love toe body bugg for all day datta but love the HRM for workout hitting target HR goals and knowing when I am working too hard since I have family history if Hight blood pressure.
  • raspberrybee
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies to this. Turns out I was wearing the chest strap above my boobs instead of below. The heart rate monitor seems to be working a lot better now. Thanks!
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar Fit 4 and it is comfy and pretty accurate, I think.
  • PamHealthMission
    PamHealthMission Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I use Polar FT4 HRM with chest strap. Comfortable enough that I forget it is in place. It is adjustable. Purchased from Amazon about two months ago.