Can we just talk about Twilight for a second?

Options
brittanyjeanxo
brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
Now, this isn't meant to bash Twilight fans or anything, but...TEAM HARRY FO' LIFE!
But seriously, the Twilight series is probably the second stupidest thing I've ever had the displeasure to come across, second only to Jersey Shore. But that's a different topic. Seriously, you know what I got out of these books? (Yes, I read them. I had to know what the fuss was about.) I got that women are nothing without a man. If your boyfriend leaves you, you should just curl up on the ground and do borderline suicidal things to make him come back. I don't know about you guys, but I don't need no man. The entirety of the four books are about this young, stupid girl who becomes infatuated with this guy because he was the only guy to not wanna get up in those panties. Seriously, what do they even know about each other when they decide they're in love? "OMG ur a vampire? I must have your cold, sparkly babies! I wanna live forever!" (Cue "Forever Young", but the Alphaville version, not Jay-Z's sh!tty remake.) Stephanie Meyer is instilling something awful into our youth. That's it. I'm moving to Switzerland :grumble:

Replies

• billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Please look up rifftrax, then watch.
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    I'd prefer not to said Bartleby the scrivener.

Oh, not a Melville fan? He's kind of a tough read.
    -wtk
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    who's Harry?
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    You do know in the last book she saves.. like.. everyone?

Also, if it's such a bad book, why devote an entire post to how ridiculous you think it is?
    It's a book for young girls and people that realize that it's just a book.

Team - who cares, I like all of them.
  • brittanyjeanxo
    Options

Also, if it's such a bad book, why devote an entire post to how ridiculous you think it is?

Because that's what I felt like doing. If you don't like my post, why bother commenting? ;)
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options

Because that's what I felt like doing. If you don't like my post, why bother commenting? ;)

If you don't like the books then why bother posting?
  • Chunkabutt83
    Options
    im a fan, of both Twilight and Jersey Shore :glasses:
  • bry_all01
    Options
    But seriously, the Twilight series is probably the second stupidest thing I've ever had the displeasure to come across,

I've 'come' across a lot stupider.....

when you went to Jupiter?
  • brittanyjeanxo
    Options

Wow, that joke went right over your head, didn't it :laugh: If you had read her message to me, she said if I didn't like the books why bother devoting a post to it, so in turn I told her if she didn't like my post, why bother commenting To turn the situation around so she realized what she said made no sense. Seriously, what if everyone did that? Someone is speaking their opinion, and if it goes against another person's they just shouldn't say it? Sorry, not how the world works lol
  • RockinHorseRanch
    Options
    Hahahaha.. There are so many threads on here about TOM and Aunt Flow.. I thought this was talk about menopause...:laugh:
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Hate to break it to you, but I don't know if you'd be safe in Switzerland. They translate book these days, you know. :laugh:

My old boss (here in Germany) is a huge fan... there's fanclubs and tours and ritualistic, vampiric slaughterings here too (I don't actually know what they do.. I just assume).
  • brittanyjeanxo
    Options

Boo :P I think that show is so stupid, but I get watching it because a lot of people I know have jobs or school where they have to put in a lot of effort and a lot of brain power, and it can be nice to just sit in the living room and watch shows that require little to no effort on your part, lol. There's no plot to the show, so you don't have to think about where it's going next. I get it :) I just hate the show myself :laugh:
  • brittanyjeanxo
    Options
    Hate to break it to you, but I don't know if you'd be safe in Switzerland. They translate book these days, you know. :laugh:

My old boss (here in Germany) is a huge fan... there's fanclubs and tours and ritualistic, vampiric slaughterings here too (I don't actually know what they do.. I just assume).

Hee hee, I know. I just like Switzerland so much better lol. They just make it so hard to become a citizen >:(
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options

Wow, that joke went right over your head, didn't it :laugh: If you had read her message to me, she said if I didn't like the books why bother devoting a post to it, so in turn I told her if she didn't like my post, why bother commenting To turn the situation around so she realized what she said made no sense. Seriously, what if everyone did that? Someone is speaking their opinion, and if it goes against another person's they just shouldn't say it? Sorry, not how the world works lol

Actually...I'm pretty sure what she said went over your head...but I digress....it's hard to find intelligent conversation on the boards anymore...
  • Chunkabutt83
    Options

Boo :P I think that show is so stupid, but I get watching it because a lot of people I know have jobs or school where they have to put in a lot of effort and a lot of brain power, and it can be nice to just sit in the living room and watch shows that require little to no effort on your part, lol. There's no plot to the show, so you don't have to think about where it's going next. I get it :) I just hate the show myself :laugh:

Thats the best part, i love stupidity!!! I enjoy laughing at them making a fool of themselves, its my guilty pleasure to look forward to after a stressful week!
  • brittanyjeanxo
    Options

Actually...I'm pretty sure what she said went over your head...but I digress....it's hard to find intelligent conversation on the boards anymore...

I don't like that you're implying I'm not intelligent. And no, I'm pretty sure what I said went over her head. Please, enlighten me how her joke went over my head.
  • bry_all01
    Options
    no one answered MY question...... Who IS Harry????
  • brittanyjeanxo
    Options

Thats the best part, i love stupidity!!! I enjoy laughing at them making a fool of themselves, its my guilty pleasure to look forward to after a stressful week!

Haha. I have a show that I do like to watch for the stupidity of it, but not a lot, otherwise I just find it ridiculous, haha. Bad Girls Club :P
  • brittanyjeanxo
    Options
    no one answered MY question...... Who IS Harry????

I do apologize, Bry. Harry freakin' Potter, lol
  • Trixtabella
    Trixtabella Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I think I read a quote from Stephen King he stated that 'Harry Potter teaches you how to face your fears, how to grow, how to become independent, how to accept who you are. Twilight teaches you how important it is to have a boyfriend."
    Personally I have read all of the books in each series and basically Twilight is just Romeo and Juliet in supernatural form.