Can we just talk about Twilight for a second?

Options

Replies

• Chunkabutt83
    Options
    On the topic of the movies and books, the books are MUCH better than the movies. I just like to read and i have to admit the child in me got super into reading them lol, i read all four books within a week lol.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    But seriously, the Twilight series is probably the second stupidest thing I've ever had the displeasure to come across,

I've 'come' across a lot stupider.....

when you went to Jupiter?

If by 'Jupiter' you mean [instert your sorority here] then yes!

well, I didn't finish school and certrainly never joined a sorority, so don't you feel stupid?
  • rococo11
    rococo11 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I read the first 3 books, then decided it wasn't worth my time to read the final one. I applaud you for actually reading the books before deciding you don't like them.
    It pisses me off when people bash it without having taken the time to read it and develop their own opinions. I personally thought it was boring and predictable. Not my cup of tea. I strongly disliked the characterization of Bella. I felt she vacillated between intelligent and stupid too much to be credible and was weakly developed all around. I also felt no emotional connection to any of the charaters and that many choices they made were incedibley stupid/ needlessly complicated. Also I am more of a traditional vampire person...meaning Dracula type. But that is just my own bias.
    That being said if you like it there is nothing wrong with that. I also encourage anything that causes people to read more and for that fact alone I don't mock the book.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Vampire bats are believed to be the only species of bats in the world to adopt another young bat if something happens to the bat's mother. I think that's nice.
  • Sgriffin2382
    Sgriffin2382 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    On the topic of the movies and books, the books are MUCH better than the movies. I just like to read and i have to admit the child in me got super into reading them lol, i read all four books within a week lol.

Totally agree with you! I mean, usually book to movie translations suck, but Twilight takes it to a whole new level! The books are wonderful and not nearly as pathetic as the movies make them out to be. It is fantasy people. If you are basing how you live your life off a fiction book, you have larger problems ;-)

BTW, I am totally team Vinny!! <3
  • Chunkabutt83
    Options

Totally agree with you! I mean, usually book to movie translations suck, but Twilight takes it to a whole new level! The books are wonderful and not nearly as pathetic as the movies make them out to be. It is fantasy people. If you are basing how you live your life off a fiction book, you have larger problems ;-)

BTW, I am totally team Vinny!! <3

LOL, i love Vinny, Pauly D and Snookie :D
  • Slinkybaz
    Slinkybaz Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Vampire bats are believed to be the only species of bats in the world to adopt another young bat if something happens to the bat's mother. I think that's nice.

That's sweet - I threw up a bit in my mouth. But, do you like the Twilight books or Harry Potter?
  • Sgriffin2382
    Sgriffin2382 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    LOL, i love Vinny, Pauly D and Snookie :D
    [/quote]

I love them too! I could do without the Situation though. He is such an instigator!
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Can Harry Potter not be the "fantasy" book of our generation? No offense, and I like the HP books just fine, but seriously, kids, go read freaking Lord of the Rings and be amazed by the world created within that series.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options

That's sweet - I threw up a bit in my mouth. But, do you like the Twilight books or Harry Potter?

Not really. I usually avoid the teen lit part of the book store.
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    LoL this made me giggle...along with some of the responses....

I'm a big nerd and not only read all the twilight books...a few times...but I've seen all the movies and this 25y.o. MoM will be at the midnight showing of Breaking Dawn Part 1 LOL

Reading a Fiction book or series that I like is like an escape from reality....then again like I said, I'm a nerd at heart and love reading all sorts of books
  • IAmTheAwesomest
    Options
    I WAS obsessed with Twilight, now I see your point in fact me and all my friends noticed it around the same time,"If a guy leaves us we're gonna curl up in a ball and die??" how stupid.
    Although, I plan on finishing the movies because I'm curious on how it's going to all unfold on screen.
    Now Harry Potter... effing rules! Yeah! I admit I'm only on the third book (I got into the books late but I only paid 20 bucks for the 1-6 and got the 7th as a gift so I can't complain), I've seen all the movies and I love what they stand for. It's not simply good or evil, it's so much more inbetween that.
  • IAmTheAwesomest
    Options
    oh and I have to admit I am a Jersey Shore junkie. It's so stupid it's funny
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I'm team: Bella + Edward + Jacob + Me = LOVE Sandwich!!

and really ladies if you truly think that us women are so weak minded and nit witted to believe that if a man leaves us that we will just shrivel up and die...then yeah...don't read the FICTIONAL books :D
  • Mariannewww
    Options
    As if wuthering heights isn't (although obviously BRILLIANT) irritating enough with that awful cathy emotionally blackmailing everyone and Heathcliffe ruining the lives of all the characters progeny Meyer has to do a piss poor rip off cause she can't come up with an original storyline. Sad really.

Mind you where she comes into her own is with all the sexy lyconthropes running around in their pants all the time and bursting out of them all of the time! Everyone likes a cheap torso based thrill.

Also anyone from the uk who has seen geordie shore? That is like jersey shores *kitten* offspring, except that the offspring was starved of oxygen for an inexcusable amount of time before birth. Worrying

Perhaps I should add a disclaimer? By virtue of the fact that I an posting it this is my opinion only feel free to disagree wildly!
  • MrsSmith2010
    MrsSmith2010 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I love Twilight AND Harry Potter AND Jersey Shore... but you don't see me getting my panties all in a bunch over this thread. Freedom of speech people, she's voicing her opinion and I don't really think any of you, ever so nicely, trying to convince her otherwise is going to work.

I have to agree that people who be-little the series are a little off. It is, after all, pretty amazing literature. She's amazingly creative to think up such things and I think she hit her targeted audience perfectly. Not everyone is going to like the same thing. That's why in 2011 we have such an amazing variety of choices.

Now... everyone go pick your *kitten* and get back to your lives.
  • janiecorona
    Options
    Although I don't necessarily disagree with you, I think it's unnecessary to make fun of what people like. Different people, different tastes. I'm sure there's something that you like which others regard as "stupid." Especially with something like Twilight where people are hardcore fans, it's just annoying for them to constantly hear how something they like is "dumb." Live and let live.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I'd prefer not to said Bartleby the scrivener.

Oh, not a Melville fan? He's kind of a tough read.
    -wtk

I am going to go out on a limb and say no.
  • Slinkybaz
    Slinkybaz Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    You're not well read then. Are you limiting yourself to classics like Turn of the Screw and 1984?

Not really. I usually avoid the teen lit part of the book store.