Options

Replies

• annameier8706
    annameier8706 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    5'4
    123lbs
    BMI: 21.1
    BF%: 22.5% (as of march 1 and I was 127lbs at that point)
    Pant sz: American Eagle sz2 (I only own AE jeans)
    Shirt sz: S
  • LizKurz
    LizKurz Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Right now, I'm 190 with a BMI of 31.6, and am wearing a size 10/12 pants.

My goal weight, which is what I was after the first three kids before this last kid is 140 which is a BMI 23.3 and a size 4/6.
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    HI, my size is UK anything from 4-8 depending on shop. 6 is usually good.
    Height 5ft 6
    weight 110.6lb
    BMI 18.0 ish
  • StrongGwen
    StrongGwen Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    5' 8"
    CW 150, BMI about 22.
    size 6-8-10 pants, or Med in the small-medium-large sizing
    tops I have to go by each garment because there is so much variety in things that are the same size. Usually a Medium, 10-12 because I have wide shoulders.

working on getting back to 140-ish (+ or - 2 lbs). when I was at 142 before I wore size 6-8 and had one awesome pair of size 4 jeans I am looking forward to wearing again.

The more I lift weights, the tighter and smaller I get, but the scale is very slow to move down. I'll take shrinking body over dropping numbers any day!
  • RandomMiranda
    Options
    I'm also 5'8" and my body fat % is 26. My 12 jeans are getting loose so I might be a 10, medium shirts. I carry my weight in my hips/butt/thighs, so a size 10 would be an accomplishment for me.
  • qnl0357
    qnl0357 Posts: 1
    Options
    Bless your heart. I'm 5'11"...if you are tall as a man, your bones are often, but not always more hardy...can't shrink your skeleton! Who cares about the size of your clothes...cut the tag if it bothers you. Care about how you feel and how you look when you step out of the shower...the other stuff is not in your control.
  • steadk
    steadk Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I'm at a 40 BMI..(UGH..i HATE that number.. thats why i'm here) and I wear an 18w, or 18. i'm 5'1 and 210
  • NICOLED73
    NICOLED73 Posts: 183
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I was just wondering what people's sizes typically are at a certain BMI. I'm at a 22 BMI which supposedly just above middle (21.75) of the healthy range and I wear a size 8,10, sometimes 12. Usually 10 these days. Here are my stats:

5'8"
    145 lbs.
    BMI 22.0
    BF: 23.6%
    Size: 8-10-12 (it's all over the place depending on stores)
    I usually have to buy Women's Large for shirts, men's small.

I guess i'm asking because when I started I was 175 and size 14, women's large. I don't know if it's my tall build or what but I don't fit into those other sizes anymore but i'm still pretty large in the women's department.
    I imagine I have another 10-15 pounds to go until I get to be fit looking and get my BF down to 20% or so. But going from 36%-23.6% and my size isn't too much lower! I know people who are 5'2", 135lbs. and wear size Small, but that's crazy to me since their bmi would be 23.9.

Can we get a sample aggregation going? I'm curious if it's my body type or if tall girls just end up wearing bigger sizes?? I'm very lemon shaped..small boobs, thin legs..large middle. HAH!

WOW! Proof that everyone is different!
    I'm 5'8"
    195lbs.
    I wear a size 12 pants and a medium or large in shirts.
    My BMI.... 29.6
    This is why I hate numbers! :)
  • jnhu72
    jnhu72 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    BMI: 45.8
    Size: 18
  • angiebarker
    angiebarker Posts: 127
    Options
    5'2"
    bmi-20.5
    size 3-4
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    5'6", 149lbs. BMI is 24, body fat around 24%.

My pants size is 6/8 (usually 6), with a medium/small top, depending on where I go and the style. Usually, it's a medium, because I've still got breastfeeding boobs going on.
  • kekl
    kekl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    5'4
    BMI - 26
    Weight - 153
    Body fat - 24% (give or take a few)
    Size - 5-7 depending on store, sm/m top... I'm call myself a size "schmedium" - small often doesn't fit my chest/shoulders/back but medium is way too baggy everywhere... i just can't win lol
  • GB333
    GB333 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    5'8"
    145 lbs.
    BMI 22.0
    BF: 23.6%
    Size: 8-10-12 (it's all over the place depending on stores)
    I usually have to buy Women's Large for shirts, men's small.

Our stats are similar...

5'7.5"
    CW: 142
    BMI 22
    Size: 4 or 6

I usually buy women's small in tops (I have no chest! ha!) but sometimes a medium. I am carrying the rest of my weight in my "pooch" and am trying to lose it - I'd like to get down to 130 but we'll see!
  • THINtense
    THINtense Posts: 42
    Options
    5'8
    123lbs
    BMI 18.7
    Size 2 or 0, started in a tight 6 or 8--small frame.
  • sisierra
    sisierra Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    5'11"
    209 lbs.
    BMI 29.2
    Size: super comfy in 16
    I usually have to buy Women's Large/Medium for shirts, men's small/med
  • Yes2HealthyAriel
    Yes2HealthyAriel Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1"
    Weight is 199
    BMI: 37.7
    Clothes size on average is size: 18 for both shirts and pants but sometimes bigger as I have DDD breasts so some shirts are just to tight around that area
  • djean2
    djean2 Posts: 37 Member
    Options

Thanks! That is a great site.
  • SVallatini
    Options
    Well, I am really confused about all these sizes, weight, height and so on I have read on here.....I am 5'4 and weigh in at 140 and would consider myself atheletic with curves and I can't wear a size six comfortably. So what's up ladies? Are we telling the truth about our sizes or what? I wear sizes 8-10 depending on the style and have no problem with saying so. But according to all the comments about people's height, weight and BMI I should be in a size six or smaller.
  • cindym29
    cindym29 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and roughly 145ish pounds
    I'm around a 21/22 BMI which isn't bad..
    and my bf% is about 20%
    My size: 5/6. and my shirts are small-mediums

It depends on the bone structure. I have a friend on here who is 5'4" and weighs like 135ish and she wears a size 1...when I was 135 (and hopefully i'll get there again soon!) I wore a 3/4 so I mean..size is almost irrelevant. Here I am nearly 5 inches taller and she wore a size 1 and I was in a 3/4.
  • TluvK
    TluvK Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Well, I am really confused about all these sizes, weight, height and so on I have read on here.....I am 5'4 and weigh in at 140 and would consider myself atheletic with curves and I can't wear a size six comfortably. So what's up ladies? Are we telling the truth about our sizes or what? I wear sizes 8-10 depending on the style and have no problem with saying so. But according to all the comments about people's height, weight and BMI I should be in a size six or smaller.

Obviously all women come in different shapes and sizes. My sister in law is smaller/lighter than I am, but she literally can't fit a size 28 around her hips. Some women have more muscle, some have bigger behinds, etc. I highly doubt people would come on here anonymously and then lie about their sizes. I am completely honest when I say that I am 5'10", 152 lbs and wear either a size 4 or 6. I've had people balk at this, but I have the measurements to support it - my waist is 27 inches and my hips are 35 inches. I have quite a bit of muscle and I've always just weighed more. Who knows - I don't really give a rip about what the scales says anyway.

These sorts of threads are dangerous for people who expect to have the same results as the person next to them - it's just not going to happen in all cases. Enjoy your 8s and 10s and your athletic and curvy body! Embrace it and don't worry about everyone else.