What weather do you have right now?

Options
PhotographerOfNature
PhotographerOfNature Posts: 452 Member
edited September 2022 in Chit-Chat
Here in Southwest Iowa, it is sleeting/freezing rain. We are supposed to have 3/4 inch of ice and then about 10 p.m. tonight it is supposed to turn to snow. It is or was 20 degrees an hour ago. The schools all let out at 1 p.m. today in preparation for the storm (why they let out that early I don't know) and we will probably have no school tomorrow. It is supposed to snow till about 6 a.m. tomorrow morning. But, hey, if we don't like what we're getting tonight, we can just wait until Monday. It is supposed to be -11 degrees. Yuck! 11 below zero is not my idea of fun. :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

What weather do you all have going on right now???

Replies

• PhotographerOfNature
    Options
    Here in Southwest Iowa, it is sleeting/freezing rain. We are supposed to have 3/4 inch of ice and then about 10 p.m. tonight it is supposed to turn to snow. It is or was 20 degrees an hour ago. The schools all let out at 1 p.m. today in preparation for the storm (why they let out that early I don't know) and we will probably have no school tomorrow. It is supposed to snow till about 6 a.m. tomorrow morning. But, hey, if we don't like what we're getting tonight, we can just wait until Monday. It is supposed to be -11 degrees. Yuck! 11 below zero is not my idea of fun. :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

What weather do you all have going on right now???
  • HustleRose
    Options
    Snow storm! 25 cm overnight. It's about to start, going all through the night (snow plow outside my bedroom at 2:30 am, yay! :grumble: ) until tomorrow afternoon and then the same again on Sunday, plus roughly 5 more cm every day next week.

We're gonna have a whiiiiiiiiiiite Christmas.
  • PhotographerOfNature
    Options
    Where are you Hustle? Do you know what the equivalent to 5 cm is to inches?
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Where are you Hustle? Do you know what the equivalent to 5 cm is to inches?

2 inches...
    she must be in Canada with me ... we say cm instead of inches lol

oh and the temp here is -5 degrees celcius and is supposed to go to -14 tomorrow but it will feel like -24 (in american thats 23 degrees f now and 6 tomorrow with a windchill of -11) and we are supposed to get like 2-3 cm of snow (an inch) but we are supposed to be hit with a big storm sunday ick
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    According to my Google weather thing on my new laptop :bigsmile: :bigsmile: it's 45 degrees and rainy here. Not too bad! It's been a mild winter here in VA so far. (Knock on wood-I hate winter!)
  • KBagwell
    Options
    hahahaha Wish I could be where you guys are!!! :smile:

I'm in Augusta, Georgia and its 70 something degrees!!!! Its supposed to be 54 on Christmas day...doesn't feel like it should be Christmas because its sooo warm!!!
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    In and around Chicago-we're supposed to get 6-12 inches and south of the city we are supposed to get an ice storm as well. I'm PRAYING for a snow day (teacher!) because in anticipation of a snow day we did a lot of fun stuff today. My 6th graders won't take it well if we have to be in session tomorrow!
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Here in Fl it was like 80 and sunny!!!:noway: :grumble: :angry: :mad: :explode: I miss the snow and the cold weather!
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    crap ill mail you all the snow on my driveway... you have to pay shipping though:noway:
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Knee deep snow in Northwest Lower Michigan.. expecting more tommorow, maybe a couple of feet by the weekend. Abso perfect for Christmas!
  • PhotographerOfNature
    Options
    Buuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Snow and Slush in Oregon.
  • altazin0907
    altazin0907 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    well lets see today it was 83 degrees and yes, it snowed her last Thursday:noway: ....gosh Louisiana weather sucks!!! :explode: :mad:
  • joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    54 and foggy here in Tn suppose to be warmer tomorrow ...Im originally from new york and believe me I do not miss the snow and the cold...no way.....
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    here in maine it's in the 20's, supposed to get 4-6 inches of snow tonight, and more over the weekend
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Expecting 6-10 inches early tomorrow morning here in metro Detroit. Should make for a fun commute!
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    crap ill mail you all the snow on my driveway... you have to pay shipping though:noway:

my bestfriend lives in Canada and she said that it's miserable there. I don't know what it is when I was growing up it just got cold and every couple of years it would snow. (that's Oregon by the way) Then I moved to NY and for 2 winters it snowed and was cold and I loved it. they we moved down here were we have warm hot and to damn hot:laugh: hate that for 3 months out of the year I can only take my girls outside from sun up till 8 or 9 am and then after dark. :grumble: I would love to take your snow! :bigsmile:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    make sure you wrap the box in plastic!! :blushing: :bigsmile: As it will be one HUGE puddle when it arrives at it's destination Jackie:noway: :laugh:
  • michelle0920
    Options
    36 here in Kansas with a couple of inches of snow on the ground, but it's raining now so will be ice in the morning!
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    It is quiet right now in CT, but pretty cold (low 30s). We are expecting the storm from the Great Lakes to start sometime tomorrow morning (around 9 am). Supposed to get 8-12 inches of snow. Most likely they will come get the kids for school and then realize that they need to send them home early. Crazy school system. :noway: :noway:

Although I guess that is better than the one year they predicted 1-2 feet of snow, so most of the state shut down (including work) and not a flake fell.. That was very embarrassing, but a lot of fun for us..... :blushing: :blushing:
This discussion has been closed.