What weather do you have right now?

Options

Replies

• little_wolfie
    Options
    It's 30 degrees tonight in Salt Lake City, Utah. Heat wave! The last couple of nights it's been around 12! We're supposed to get 8 inches of snow by Saturday night. Funny, because at the beginning of the month it was sun shiny and around 50!
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,381 Member
    Options
    Central Iowa and a teacher too! We also got out at 1:00. It was beautiful then, so I couldn't figure it out either. We hurried and wrapped parent gifts and I passed out my students' gifts in anticipation of a snow day tomorrow. It was supposed to be our last day before Winter Break.

The ice started here around 8:00. Six inches of snow is predicted on top of the rain. BLAH! :grumble:

Where are you PON? I'm near Ames.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    B lue skies, fluffy white clouds and a temp of 75 degrees. :smokin:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    In SC it was 76 degrees according to my car thermometer. I had to pull out my summer clothes once again!
  • diegelmansm
    Options
    I'm in Pittsburgh, and it is cold cold cold! No snow yet, but there's a storm a' brewin'
  • pdxmomof2
    Options
    Here in Portland Oregon it has just started to snow again and the wet ground is beginning to freeze. Tomorrow will be a mess for sure!
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Here in Portland Oregon it has just started to snow again and the wet ground is beginning to freeze. Tomorrow will be a mess for sure!

my dad called me from his webcam and turned it outside he goes to me what's that? I was like oh my gosh it's snowing. It's so not fair. He told me you all were supposed to get a bunch. where in portland are you he's in southeast.
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,924 Member
    Options
    Central Iowa and a teacher too! We also got out at 1:00. It was beautiful then, so I couldn't figure it out either. We hurried and wrapped parent gifts and I passed out my students' gifts in anticipation of a snow day tomorrow. It was supposed to be our last day before Winter Break.

The ice started here around 8:00. Six inches of snow is predicted on top of the rain. BLAH! :grumble:

Where are you PON? I'm near Ames.

Ames? Wow! We're close. I'm in the Quad Cities. Work in Davenport actually but live on the Illinois side, a little south of the QC. We've been getting nothing but ice for 2 hours....I have a friend in Sully. Same thing there. Stay safe tonight and tomorrow. Kati
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,381 Member
    Options
    Midwesterners- I do believe we are in for a LONG winter! :angry:

I second Kati's wishes for safety and warmth during this storm. :flowerforyou: I hope we don't have people without power due to ice. What a mess!

We were supposed to head to the Twin Cities tomorrow night. We'll see! :ohwell:
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Rain...wind and the 60s!!!!!! the 60's? Come on now it's December and we live in Southwest VA!!!!!!! :grumble: :grumble:

Andybody willing to give up some snow, I will happily take it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh:
  • kammiller
    Options
    we had 1 inch of freezing rain last night getting stuck in the driveway
  • mom2my2boys
    Options
    Southeast Michigan.....10 inches of snow and counting......:grumble:
  • kelhun1
    kelhun1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Freakishly warm and muggy for this time of year. I'm in Cincinnati and it's 66 degrees. I was all ready to bundle up in my parka when my husband walked in in a t-shirt. I'm still gonna wear a jacket, but wow...it does not feel like December here! (I, for one am happy!)
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options

I'm in Lansing and am right there with ya! :grumble: I hate snow...!
  • mom2my2boys
    Options

I'm about an hour northeast of Detroit, right on Lake Huron so we get lake effect snow as well. My son was happy though, no school and started Christmas vacation early :laugh:
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    I just finished shovelling for the second time in 3 hours. :grumble:
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    It is a breezy, humid 67 degrees here in Southern Indiana...at least it was just before lunch time. The temp jumped 30 degrees here overnight, while bringing a lot of wind & rain.

Northern Indiana, however, got the ice. :huh:
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options

I'm about an hour northeast of Detroit, right on Lake Huron so we get lake effect snow as well. My son was happy though, no school and started Christmas vacation early :laugh:

All of the schools around here closed too. Too bad I'm past those days! :grumble: :laugh: It didn't stop some people that I work with ... I'm one of only 5 (out of 22) who bothered to come in today! :noway:
  • cheermom11
    cheermom11 Posts: 393 Member
    Options

Sounds like you're not too far from me. I live near the Oakland Airport. We've got 11 inches so far today...
  • mom2my2boys
    Options

Sounds like you're not too far from me. I live near the Oakland Airport. We've got 11 inches so far today...

I live near Port Huron and work in Mt Clemens. Drive in this morning was an adventure :mad: Not sure what we have at home yet, but there is at least 10 inches here in Mt Clemens. We always get more at home. DH said this morning before he left for work at 10 there was at least 6 inches, and he was shoveling :laugh:
This discussion has been closed.