Bye Bye Jillian M!! I quit

Options
2»

Replies

• FrancesGallagher
    FrancesGallagher Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I find it difficult to understand why people put themselves through such agony. I believe you can live just as long and just as well (and get to the weight that is right for you) if you never do a jumping jack or any of the extreme exercises. Walking is good if you can do it but not while your knees are painful. Do your food diary and try to eat healthy and you will be successful. Good luck with your program.FG
  • kbrogan78
    kbrogan78 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Definitely modify it! Do anything that will get your heartrate up for those 30 second intervals.

There's a big difference between being unable to do an exercise just because you're out of shape and being unable to do it because it actually hurts you. I skip the lateral raises because it messes with my already knotted up shoulder/neck muscles. There's no shame in listening to your body but that's also no reason to quit altogether.
  • susanloveszumba
    Options
    For some reason, I can't do high knees. I am on day 10 or so of 30 DS and whenever she does high knees, I do something else. Actually i substitute quite a few of her exercises with my own. I think the main thing is to keep moving and try and keep your heart rate up. Best of luck with your knees. Mine hurt a lot especially when I first get up! I hope you try the 30DS again cause I definitely think it is worth it, but if you decide not to just find another video you like and do what you can!
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I vote for Chalene and her Turbo workouts. I love Turbo Jam personally! She has someone always modifying everything to be lower impact and actually you can usually pick out several people who are doing slightly different things and find something that works for you! I really like that she focuses on preaching good form too! She even encourages you to take breaks if you need it and not to push yourself to injury or illness :)
  • ShannonWinger
    ShannonWinger Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Don't give it up just yet. I had a hard time when I first started 30 DS and I was already in good shape. It was really hard on my knees. I had to slow down and let my knees heal and slowly work my way back into 30 DS mixing it with my older workouts until I eventually strengthened my knees enough to do it every day. No problems at all now and now I do much tougher workouts. You can do it but don't push the pain.
  • livinghcglacey
    Options
    can you maybe do the motions with your arms of jumping jacks, but instead of jumping up and out, just squat?