Pretty sure I cured my McDonald's habit..

Options
13»

Replies

• Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I still go fairly often. But I usually get a hamburger, a side salad and an ice cream cone. 500 calories I think.
  • brobin41101
    brobin41101 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I have almost quit going to McDonalds, the only thing I have had as of late is the fat free,sugar free, Latte or either a Iced coffee. Occasionally I will have a half and half tea. If I could break the coffee habit, McDonalds would be a thing of the past for me. Good Luck !
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    The less I eat of McDonalds the worse it feels in my tummy when I do eat it. Kevin James the comedian does a bit on the aging and the big mac that sums up how I feel. lol (sorry I am too lazy to find a clip.)

I swear it is like quitting smoking - I know it's stupid, and it doesn't usually taste as good as I think it will, yet time and again...
  • dragonflybird
    Options
    Yay! That is awesome. I had a nasty habit of getting McDonal's when I left work. Thank goodness i'm working at a different campus this semester and I cannot drive past a McDonald's. Phew!
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I honestly wish McD's did disgusting things to my insides!! It would have made it so much easier to quit!! Maybe today was finally the day, because my stomach did hurt during the workout.

Also, salt is my BFF. I think that's why I like McDs so much.

OMG… I'm guessing it DOES do disgusting things to your insides… maybe just not the "gastrointestinal response" it seems like many of us get. :smile: Since we're all here, I'm guessing we all know what disgusting things it does to our "outsides". :laugh: I'm in the "haven't had McDs in ages" group. It doesn't even taste good to me anymore… except very rarely the fish sandwich or a
    small fry, but I'm pretty sure that's due to the tartar sauce dripping off the edges and out of the bun! LOL I have, however, had to break other fast food habits… the people at the Wendy's and Taco Bell's drive thru windows were beginning to recognize me.

Best of luck breaking the habit! Maybe imagining all the dirty, greasy little kids fingers absolutely everywhere in the building might help?

Love the boxer pic. Best dog I ever owned.

:smile: Thanks. These two are absolutely the best - sisters from different litters. I had a boxer before these two, as well. She was "my girl", great temperament, but it was a bit like living with Scooby Doo. :happy: