Films that make grown men cry!

Replies

• reedee94
    reedee94 Posts: 25 Member
    Toy story 3.
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    My husband turned into a blubbering fool during Marley & Me..

"It reminds me of Dusty...**sobs** he was such a good dog"

I felt bad giggling but it was just a bit unexpected.

HAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! A previous boyfriend of mine cried during "Click" I hated the movie, but watched it because he was so into it. When he started crying, I couldn't help but start laughing and I felt sooooooooo bad. I had never seen him cry before, and it came out of nowhere! Awww. I still feel horrible!
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Yea what is up with men and Marley and Me? He definitely got 'misty' eyed and we don't even own animals, never will!!

My Sister's Keeper is a lame movie (better book + you HAVE to read the real ending!!!) but if you want to sit and cry, cry, cry its a good one for that.

After that book, I threw myself across the bed and cried for almost 15 minutes. haha. It's so sad, and such a good book!
  • gbell4
    gbell4 Posts: 12
    I hated the movie marley and me, yet still got teary eyed at the end. I realize this makes no sense but it's what happened. Mabey there's some subliminal thing going on, but that movie does seem to affect men in an odd way, lol. The Thin Red Line is a movie that got me at a few points. "City of God" is probably the best, saddest, most disturbing movie I've ever seen. I reccomend it highly, but it's not for the faint of heart.
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    the notebook made my hubs cry
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    armageddon made my hubby cry. i have yet to see it.
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Soul Surfer
  • I tend to cry or get choked up watching Miracle. I am a huge hockey fan, and the United States really had no chance against the Soviets, let alone with a bunch of college kids.
  • aalanclose
    aalanclose Posts: 125 Member
    forgot to mention Glory in my original list, such a fantastic film
  • Mikesrobin
    Mikesrobin Posts: 44 Member
    Hachi a Dog's Tate with Richard Gere - OMG! So glad I was not out in public when I saw this. It's not about a dying dog (Marley & Me) - It's different.

Taking Chance with Kevin Bacon - very moving.

I am not a guy either but the topic looked intresting. Taking Chance was a boxful of tissues. I know my husband was holding back tears also. We are both retired Military and that one just makes you think.
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Yup, Marley and Me. I have a very hard time with pets dying.
  • Myslissa
    Myslissa Posts: 760 Member
    My father cried in the movie Beaches.
  • Philadelphia! With Tom Hanks and Denzel Washington....there was a man in the theater sitting behind my bestie and me with an entire box of tissues. We guessed he had seen it once before and wanted to be prepared this time. We turned around and asked him for some!

Hubby cried over The Notebook.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    not the whole movie, but in Blow, the part where George prepares his final words to his dad:

George: Hello Dad. You know I remember a lifetime ago, when I was about 3 1/2 feet tall, weighing all of 60 pounds, but every inch your son. I remember those Saturday mornings going to work with my dad, we'd climb into that big green truck. I thought that truck... was the biggest truck in the universe pop. I remember how important the job we did was, how if it wasn't for us, people would freeze to death. I thought you were the strongest man in the world. And remember those home videos when mom would dress up like Loretta Young, barbeques and football games, ice cream, playing with the Tuna. And when I left for California only to come home with the FBI chasing me, and that FBI agent Trout had to kneel down to put my boots on and you said, "That's where you belong you son of a *****, puttin on Georgie's boots." That was a good one pop, you remember that. And remember that time when you told me that money wasn't real. Well old man, I'm 42 years old, and I finally realize what you were trying to tell me, so many years ago. I finally understand. Your the best, pop, just wish I could have done more for you, wish we had more time. Anyway, may the wind always be at your back, and the sun always upon your face, and may the wings of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars. I love you Dad. Love George.

always gets me, lol

That's a good one. The very end of the movie when he's grown old and his daughter visits him in prison and he gets to reconcile with her. And then it turns out he's just imagining it and she never visited him ever. Ouch!

Also, Saving Private Ryan and The Green Mile. Rough movies.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Has anyone mentioned Gran Turino yet? C'mon...you can't tell me you didn't get misty-eyed @ the end of that movie...
  • cadillacfrank
    cadillacfrank Posts: 68 Member
    It's not a movie, but I just saw this commercial tonight... being originally from Chicago, this really gets me http://youtu.be/JVGAfA15U1I?hd=1
  • kei_llew
    kei_llew Posts: 29
    The Boy in the Stripped Pajamas is a tear jerker too.

Agree very sad film that. had to hold it together at the end.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    What Dreams May Come. Wonderful film, upsetting and moving in places.
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    I've never cried at any movies and my husband will tear up and boo hoo quietly. I always feel like a unemotional jerk watching sad movies with him. lol
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Hard Candy
    The Last Seduction
    The Swimmer
    A.I. (Because I would never get those 17 hours, ok, 4, back)