Films that make grown men cry!

Replies

• 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Rudy every time I watch it. I so identify with his passion and drive.
  • I have seen Atonement about 20 times, and I still cry everytime...Also when Rose dies at the end of Titanic, I cry, so sad :'(
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,020 Member
    The end of Return of the King (book or movie). I bawl every single time I see/read it.
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    The World's Fastest Indian

Went with some biker friends of mine and they all looked a little watery and puffy around the eyes after the movie :D
  • lsd007
    lsd007 Posts: 435
    not the whole movie, but in Blow, the part where George prepares his final words to his dad:

George: Hello Dad. You know I remember a lifetime ago, when I was about 3 1/2 feet tall, weighing all of 60 pounds, but every inch your son. I remember those Saturday mornings going to work with my dad, we'd climb into that big green truck. I thought that truck... was the biggest truck in the universe pop. I remember how important the job we did was, how if it wasn't for us, people would freeze to death. I thought you were the strongest man in the world. And remember those home videos when mom would dress up like Loretta Young, barbeques and football games, ice cream, playing with the Tuna. And when I left for California only to come home with the FBI chasing me, and that FBI agent Trout had to kneel down to put my boots on and you said, "That's where you belong you son of a *****, puttin on Georgie's boots." That was a good one pop, you remember that. And remember that time when you told me that money wasn't real. Well old man, I'm 42 years old, and I finally realize what you were trying to tell me, so many years ago. I finally understand. Your the best, pop, just wish I could have done more for you, wish we had more time. Anyway, may the wind always be at your back, and the sun always upon your face, and may the wings of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars. I love you Dad. Love George.

always gets me, lol

^This and Blackhawk Down my husband teared up a bit.
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    My husband had difficulty keeping it together watching Saving Private Ryan. I cry every time I watch Steel Magnolias, Imitation of Life and The Color Purple at the end when Celie and Nettie finally reunite.
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Lion King!!

I cry every time Mufasa gets trampled trying to save Simba. Maybe cause I'm really close to my Dad.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Any sports movie, apparently.
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    For me, I always get weepy watching "It's A Wonderful Life" when George comes back home and Clarence gets his wings :cry:

oh and I remember being quite unconsoleable watching "Ring Of Bright Water" as a child :sad: :sad: :sad:

My hubbie wells up watching "Dirty Dancing" and "Billy Elliott" :sad:

From the sounds of it, I'd never be able to watch Marley & Me (but then the thought of Owen Wilson & Jennifer Anniston in a rom-com is enough to make me barf never mind cry :sick: )

Oh and "Torch Song Trilogy" when Matthew Broderick gets killed... that always gets to us too :sad:
  • My ex cried watching Fireproof but I guess it didn't do anything for him since he's an ex :laugh:
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    i cry at every movie ahahaha

but my fiance cried at toy story 3.. in the theater. at the midnight showing. but i was crying too. but when i saw him crying, i laughed, loudly.

You laughed!!!

Im not telling what movies make me cry... I dont want to be laughed at
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Any sports movie, apparently.

Thats me! lol Especially the ones where the team loses by one shot or just inches! I been there. Our footbal team lost by inches (my best friend was our rb). Our softball team lost by one run. So I know the feeling of crushing defeat.
  • SirBen81
    SirBen81 Posts: 396 Member
    The only movie that has ever made me tear up is King Kong(2005). The ending makes me cry when the planes shoot him down.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,501 Member
    Last movie I cried at Toy Story 3.

I'm a sucker for compassion, so any movie where I see people show compassion for each other gets me.
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Blood diamond, City of Angels, What Dreams May Come.. are just a few!
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    What about Pursuit of Happyness?

I sobbed loudly through the whole thing at the movie theater. Not sure any other movie has ever made me cry like that.
  • aalanclose
    aalanclose Posts: 125 Member
    Another vote for Grave of the Fireflies, absolutely heart breaking, the end of Dancer in the Dark, i wailed like a banshee, Be With You and Whale Rider, actually come to think about it i might be a bit of a wuss
  • keb80
    keb80 Posts: 394
    I only ever saw my husband cry at one movie. It was John Q with Denzel Washington. (He plays a dad whose son needs an emergency heart transplant)

He refuses to EVER watch it again (which I'm okay with because I bawled too... but then again, I get choked up at EPT commercials and the ASPCA commercials)
  • h3h8m3
    h3h8m3 Posts: 455 Member
    I cried when I had to watch Sex and the City...does that count?

That made me COL,L. (chortle out loud, literally)
  • h3h8m3
    h3h8m3 Posts: 455 Member
    I'd ball tap my hubs if I caught him crying....

Hmmmm, not sure if that's a good or bad thing, as it sounds like it's either painful or fun.

Or both.