Coffee...How do you drink yours?

Options

Replies

• XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    a few years ago we bought a rancilio silvia espresso machine because we were spending too much on coffees at STBX. Recently we added a nespresso city to our master bedroom ensuite bathroom :blushing: We love our Joe.

1 drink 1 cup espresso macchiato
    my husband makes his espresso shot daily on the nespresso, & occasionally will have one after dinner.
  • fudgebudget
    fudgebudget Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    If I'm drinking really good coffee (like got-up-early-to-grind-my-own-beans good ... which doesn't happen often) I drink it black. Sometimes I'll add a tablespoon or two of really good half and half or cream. If I'm drinking crap coffee ... well, I don't drink it. I'd rather save myself for the good stuff. I have the same philosophy with chocolate and have pretty much effortlessly cut my consumption of both vices way, way back by not eating/drinking stuff that I don't really love.

On occasion I'll get a triple-shot latte at Starbucks on my way in to work, though. The morning crew at my local store have yet to burn my espresso, and god bless them for it.
  • dchris99
    dchris99 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I usually have 2 muggs the 1st with LOTS of Creamer & 3 splenda. Then the 2nd Black with 4 splenda. I had to cut out all the flavored creamer because I was overloading it with calories.
    My favorite treat is still a a Mc Donalds SF Vanilla iced coffee!!!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Mostly Decaf. Grind my own. Mix up the beans, Vanilla Nut, hazel Nut, Espresso, etc.

During the week -- with a little Vanilla Nut Creamer.

On the weekends -- with a little Kahlua and Brandy.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    always a giant travel mug:

5:30 AM 1/2 regular, 1/2 decaf, 1/4 cup milk, 1 packet sweet n low
    6:30 AM - top off from pot, rarely add anything else

9 AM - if I'm taking a down turn, refill with regular, 1/4 c milk, 1 pkt snl.
  • Cordy1228
    Cordy1228 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I like the new natural creamers, like Breve Creme or Natural Bliss. So, a tbsp of that plus two packets of Splenda, two 8-ounce cups most days. Some days I have a third (or more).

It's one of the simple pleasures in my day, so I have it the way I want it.
  • cre8ivegals82
    cre8ivegals82 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    These days I drink my coffee (hot or iced) with skim milk and 2 Splenda.

I work at Starbucks so you can imagine the temptations I am faced with everyday. When I do want to get something a little more exciting I go for a tall iced skinny caramel macchiato which has only 100 calories...and just enough espresso to give me the jolt of caffeine I need. When I'm being SUPER "good" at work I stick with a Venti shaken black tea with 3 Splenda which has zero calories and is very refreshing, though it's not coffee.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Black.

I don't care if it's crap or gourmet, it's always black.
  • bcolburn289
    Options
    Usually I get an XL-Dunkin Donuts French Vanilla with skim milk and 5 splenda, 4 days/week on my way in to work. I never drink coffee at home, though, weird. I TRY so hard to drink it black, I really do! I WANT to like it....I just can't. :)
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Black or espresso. Major coffee snob. If its bad coffee I just can't drink it. Unless I'm desperate, in which case I'll drink it but complain about it the whole time. :laugh:
  • iheartyarn
    iheartyarn Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    i love to make iced coffee at home, and i drink it with so delicious coconut creamer. i mix the regular with the french vanilla so its not quite so sweet for how creamy i like it
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    very carefully.
  • runningathena
    runningathena Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I drink one travel mug (I think it's 16 oz) of coffee with Coffee-Mate irish creme flavored creamer (2-3 tbsp) at work. At home, usually it's a smaller cup with some other flavored creamer... I think we have cinnamon vanilla right now. Usually I'm running out the door so it's not a big cup. At work, I need the extra caffeine. LOL :laugh:
  • savethecat
    savethecat Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I always have access to freshly ground coffee because my wife in a manager at Starbucks. I'm partial to straight espresso or french press for the most part, but I do enjoy the flavors they have. (Especially Pumpkin Spice, my weakness!) Oh, and soy cappuccinos... oh my goodness... the best.

At work I do regular drip coffee. Always Starbucks. Always regular, not decaf. Typically Espresso Roast or Yukon ground for a metal filter.

In my 16 oz cup, I take it with 2 pumps of vanilla and a good splash of almond milk. Yum.
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I like my coffee like I like my women, hot and bitter
  • jpatter21
    jpatter21 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I drink mine with 1 TBSP of French Vanilla creamer. It tastes sweet enough for me that I don't have to add any sugar to it then.
  • pope369
    pope369 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I was brought up drinking coffee sweet and light, but since starting on this diet, I'm now drinking Regular Leaded fuel, straight black (or neat, as they say). BTW, I love my Keurig coffee maker!
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I like my coffee like I like my women.

Cold and bitter.
  • sarad777
    sarad777 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I'm hooked on Caribou coffee or Caribou light for my Keurig machine. Just a bit of skim milk.
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I like my coffee like I like my women, hot and bitter

Damnitt, I didn't see your post before I posted. *kitten*. :)