Did you kill Kenny?:embarassed:
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I'm a "Merry Christmas" gal too. :smile:

Say xmas and see what happens. Go on. Don't be afraid.:smokin:

Not gonna. CrossedArms.gif

Are you chicken? Bok, bok!

I wish there were a smiley eating popcorn that could show that I am sitting on the sidelines waiting to see what is going to happen next

eatdrink062.gif
  • marskids
    marskids Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Good night everyone..............and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!:smile:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    When I worked at Target, we were to say 'Happy Holidays'. I chose not to say anything after one lady WENT OFF on me for saying it. "ITS CHRISTMAS!! SAY MERRY CHRISTMAS!! JESUS DIED SO WE COULD SAY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!"

Wow, lady. Way to spread that Christmas cheer. If the baby Jesus were here, he'd be crying right now. :grumble:

So now I work at a different store and I say "Have a great night!", and if they wish me holiday cheer of any kind, I wish it back. I would love to say 'Happy Merry ChristmaHannuKwanzikah" but I think that might be too PC for everyone. :laugh:
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    dangerious opinion incomming- I don't think it really matters. Merry Christmas is wonderful greeting and as a Christian man I can totally get down with some Merry Christmas, but am I going to get upset if someone wishes me a happy holidays? of course not. How terrible of them to recognize people who have a different belief system than I do. My religion's holiday has the most commercial value and I am the only one allowed to be right about my religious beliefs so I am offended by your little "happy holidays". Might as well tell me to go jump off a bridge if your going to spout off an offensive phrase like happy holidays. Horrible, deplorable and just plain sad.

Bigger fish to fry people. Lets spend less time worrying about the greeting and more time worrying about the meaning. Treat people with kindness and show the love that these holidays are about.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I don't have to be politically correct. I say Merry Christmas. If anyone has a problem with that they need to just get over it. MERRY CHRISTMAS. MERRY CHRISTMAS. MERRY CHRISTMAS. MERRY CHRISTMAS. MERRY CHRISTMAS. MERRY CHRISTMAS. :bigsmile:
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    How about we all celebrate Festivus!! festivus-pole.png
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Festivus rules. ok no more merry christmas or happy holidays... I say everyone celebrates festivus! YEAH!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    YEAH! MERRY CHRISTMAS! :happy: :flowerforyou: :happy:
  • JMAMA
    JMAMA Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    HAPPY HOLY DAYS.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    How about we all celebrate Festivus!! festivus-pole.png
    omg..where oh where did you find the Constanza's Festivus Pole?

well you definitely deserve a merry 'xmas' for taking that!:huh: :noway: :laugh: I've never actually seen it up close...only heard about it on TV:ohwell:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I tend to say "Happy Holidays", but only because in my mind, I'm wishing them a Merry Christmas AND a Happy New Year.
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I work in retail and I don't say either... because it's very tiresome after one hundred customers to say Merry Christmas after my standard: Have a good day, thank you for shopping at ***.

:grumble:

Anyway, I say Merry Christmas if they wish me Merry Christmas but otherwise I just focus on getting people through. THE LINE UPS ARE CRAZY
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    I work in retail and I don't say either... because it's very tiresome after one hundred customers to say Merry Christmas after my standard: Have a good day, thank you for shopping at ***.

:grumble:

Anyway, I say Merry Christmas if they wish me Merry Christmas but otherwise I just focus on getting people through. THE LINE UPS ARE CRAZY
    Oh I so feel for ya nicky!! I used to do retail back in the day...ugh...to have to use the store line then actually add more on and have the scrooges mad when they come up next because THEY think they shouldn't have to wait.... oh man...so glad I escaped retail....you'll never find me doing that AGAIN...

Hang in there:flowerforyou: ...a few days left of the crazies.... :bigsmile:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    I tend to say "Happy Holidays", but only because in my mind, I'm wishing them a Merry Christmas AND a Happy New Year.
    ditto my friend ...if I say anymore than Hey there...or Hi... that's what I say as well:laugh:

or come to think of it...I've found myself saying more recently... Hey have a nice holiday...and smiling.... seems to work, they are all like, OMG YOU TOO!:laugh: So I must not be saying anything to offensive.... I think spyguy is right somethings are just made to bigga deal of.... the USA is made up of many many cultures.... certainly NOT everyone celebrates xmas..... sometimes I think folks get a wee bit to bent out of shape... beliefs can be celebrated all year if one choices.... not simply one day...:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I don't do the Holidays anymore...simply to many sad losses and I just try to plow thru all the ads, decorations and crap....not a scrooge, just not a holiday person anymore.... I think when you have kids, it's very different when they are young....you create memorable experiences so they have those to look back on....... we had wonderful Holidays when younger... but life changes:cry: ....as do we........:bigsmile:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

Bigger fish to fry people.
    Indeed!!!:laugh: :ohwell: :bigsmile:
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,276 Member
    Options
    happy-holidays-merry-christmas-seasons-greetings-funny-ecard-pzT.png
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    cheermom11 wrote: »
    I don't know about Canada but I heard a statistic (from 2 different sources) that 93% of Americans celebrate Christmas. Unless I know for sure someone doesn't celebrate, I will say 'Merry Christmas.'

I respect others belief system. If they correct me, I'm more than happy to retract.

I doubt the statistic of 93% is correct, regardless of your sources.

Don't wish me that.