Looking for more vegans and vegetarians. . . . .

Options

Replies

• gracemleone
    Options
    I'm pescatarian, I eat mostly veggie but have seafood once in a while.. I might go total veggie but I don't know yet.
    Anyways.. feel free to add me. I'm pretty new here and need friends with similar goals/interests..
  • emma1488
    Options
    98% vegan here....to be truthful more of an occasional ovo-vegetarian:) But only eggs from my girls

Feel free to add me, just include a message :)
  • dckim
    dckim Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I stopped eating meat 3 months ago. I feel better. It was ethical, ecological, and health reasons. :flowerforyou:
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Glad I found this thread...

I'm newly vegetarian - I just naturally have given up meat over time and don't miss it one iota. Don't eat much cheese as I can't afford it (poor student ha!) but I do eat eggs.

Looking for friends and recipe inspiration!
  • yogavegan
    yogavegan Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    25 years vegetarian, 6 years vegan. add me as your friend if you like, i dont post a whole lot in the forums.
  • beauplr
    Options
    Wow! I am so excited to see so many like-minded eaters here!

Labels are complicated... I eat a mostly vegetable diet. No dairy or meat. I've been following Dr. Furhman's Eat to Live plan since May 23. I always thought that I would miss cheese, but I'm not. The occasional egg and a nice piece of Lake Superior Whitefish are my additions to an otherwise veg-based diet.
  • Wilmingtonbelle
    Wilmingtonbelle Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Hello! I eat primarily vegetarian although I occasionally eat shrimp. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • christianxvx
    Options
    I've been vegan for over 10 years now and was vegetarian 2 before that. I got through bouts of raw foodism occasionally and have been exploring juice fasting. Feel free to add me!
  • sarahsfaith
    sarahsfaith Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I've been a vegan for three years :)
  • zkitty
    zkitty Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

New vegetarian trying to be a new vegan!

Just like many of you I struggle with the whole cheese thing (I'm Latin what can I say?) I LOVE DAIYA CHEESE *high five*

My husband went from carnivore (the man ate way too much meat to be called omni) to vegan literally in one thought. Me on the otter hand... Four months later..

I'd love to hear some vegan food ideas suggestions ^_^
  • catdoc1
    catdoc1 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    New vegan (low-fat, no oil). Learning to cook all over again! Loved the documentary PLANEAT and highly recommend watching it! Also love the new cookbook "Peas and Thank You" - wonderful recipes that include real food and actually turn out right :o)

Laura
    Options
    I'm pescetarian, to be safe. Most every day, I eat according to a strict non ovo-lacto vegetarian diet. However, come Christmas time, Thanksgiving, and birthdays during the celebration feast, I tend to eat salmon, and sometimes shrimp. I saw other pescetarians posting in here, so I figured (even though we're not in the thread title) that it would be OK to post. :)
  • iheartyarn
    iheartyarn Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    i am a vegan right now (doing a 21 day gf, vegan 60-80% raw cleanse.. i normally eat eggs too, but no other animal products) have been a vegetarian for the last 14 months, but was a vegan/veg for most of my teenage/young adult life..now going back to what makes me feel better! also i am getting really into juicing!

my food journal is open, and i have been having a lot of fun trying new things! feel free to add me, send a msg though please :D
  • cdstadt
    cdstadt Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Vegan for a few years, vegetarian for a few years before that.
  • vegpot
    Options
    veggie here for about 6 years, looking to take the step to go vegan though
  • martinwarby
    martinwarby Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm a veggie aswell, (ovo-lacto-vegetarian, but not keen on tast of eggs) , been a veggie all my life. I was almost certinly vegan for a while during childhood but developed a taste for cheese
  • vegamy
    vegamy Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I've been a lacto-ovo vegetarian for 14+ years. I'd be happy to add some friends :-).
  • VeggieFace
    Options
    I'm vegetarian!
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Hi Jade, been veggie all my life and never even tasted meat or fish...please feel free to add me. I never realised us veggies were such large in numbers on mfp, this is awesome!
  • daphne07
    Options
    I'm a new vegan who is in love with a 'meat-atarian' :)