I <3 Pizza

Options
I love pizza. In fact, it's probably part of why I am here. I just ordered thin crust and decided from now on I am only going with thin crust pizza to cut out some calories and have salad with my pizza so I won't eat too much pizza.
What pizzas do you guys like to get when you order and from where? I like pepperoni and pineapple. I usually order domino's or papa johns. We don't have a paper murphy's here :(

Replies

• Shutterpillar
    Options
    We get DeLite pizzas from Papa Murphys, or we go to Little Caesars. (I get cheese there.)

NOM!
  • Kscardino26
    Kscardino26 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I love domino's thin crust with grilled chicken and veggies. Its so good and not alot of calories.
  • kklemencic
    Options
    I love Papa Murphy's Thai Chicken on delite crust, but also Pizza Hut veggie pizza on thin crust!
  • Angieeebabayy
    Options
    You are talking to the right person. I LOVE pizza. And the fact that I don't have to give it up and still am able to lose weight is just so reassuring. :) I love pineapple and ham, or just four cheese.

I don't really like dominoes anymore since they changed their recipe now. I really only mainly eat the Digorno's rising crust, Little Ceasers, or Pizza Hut. But yeah, not a fan of Dominoes.
  • taricke7890
    taricke7890 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You can make your own. Here is a really easy and fairly low calorie option. Take a tortilla (wheat works too) and then put about 1/8 to 1/4 cup pizza sauce then top with whatever veggies and meat toppings that you want and top with some cheese. Put it on the grill (low heat) for about 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the tortilla is crisp. I do this when I am craving pizza and I really like it. Hope you do too. Enjoy.:smile:
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I love Papa Murphy's Thai Chicken on delite crust, but also Pizza Hut veggie pizza on thin crust!

the Thai Chicken is our favorite and it was for a limited time only.. we got the last one!

well they said that anyway!
  • JustBreathe418
    JustBreathe418 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I <3 pizza too! It is still one of my favorite foods but I try to make my own instead of ordering out because I am too scared of the fat/calories! For the crust, I use whole wheat pita bread, light english muffins, light whole wheat bread, Flatout light flatbreads, or low cal/high fiber tortillas. For sauce I usually use low fat pasta sauce and then I top it with some shredded mozzarella and whatever toppings I like! I've also discovered Turkey Pepperoni which is an AWESOME substitute for regular pepperoni!
  • wildon883r
    wildon883r Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    DeLite crust tastes like paper. I like a tasty crust when i have a piece or two.
  • RanayeG
    RanayeG Posts: 12
    Options
    my favore pizza combination is pineapple, chicken & black olives. SOOOO good. Man, now I want pizza. LOL :tongue:
  • Tahru
    Tahru Posts: 58
    Options
    I LOVE going to CiCi's Pizza..<3
    My favourite pizza is the Ole (Taco)~
    Salsa, lettuce, little meat and cheese on a thin crust. 110 calories a slice! Can't beat that..well maybe.but its my favourite anyway <3
  • whateverdamnit
    Options
    Just the other night I ate a half lamb, half chicken souvlaki pizza.. oh, baby! That wasn't the best part, though.. I then had a hot dessert pizza with sliced bananas, caramel, chocolate sauce, cream cheese, chocolate shards and scoops of vanilla icecream.. it was f'ing sensational and quite obviously I was having a cheat day! hahaha
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Check out my diary for a tasty homemade pizza! I just sautee all the veggies in a pan to cook them and throw them on the sauced crust and put the cheese on top (helps hold everything in). Then I throw it in the oven for 5 minutes (as per the instructions). I get to eat the whole thing and find it very filling. I like that I get to eat "normal" olive oil crust.

The entire super easy crust is less calories than the naan I looked at and the whole wheat crusts I looked at too! :D

Edit: I will personally state here that I HATE whole grain breads, crusts, etc. I know, I know very bad thing. Soooooo I was OVERJOYED when I found this at Wegmans LOL
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    When I have take-out pizza, I go all-out and don't think about calories - Papa John's pepperoni and sausage is my favorite. I haven't had pizza in a loooonnnng time, though.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    The pizza snob in me is shuddering at the mention of things like dominoes, pineapples, little ceaser's or papa whatevers.

Ideally I prefer a proper Neapolitan pizza, cooked in about 150 seconds in an 800 degree wood fired oven. No toppings at all, when trying out a new place; otherwise something like italian sausage and maybe some onions.

A close second - a proper new york city slice. Once you get a few miles away from the tri-state area, they really don't seem to "get" pizza...
  • it_be_asin
    it_be_asin Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Pizza Hut thin and crispy vegeterian pizza in Australia has a calorie count of <600 for half a pizza - which makes it a dinner option for me (I aim for 600 calorie dinners).

But the pizza I make for myself at home tastes the best, and I know I can control the calories on it better!

And I am also making pizza toasts on sonoma wholewheat miche with 1.5 slices of extra light cheese, a small tomato, and capsicum - very yummy lunch for <350 calories. Next week, I'll add mushies too. Yum!
  • Missevanston
    Missevanston Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I had one of my MOST favorite "flatbreads" tonight...from Bravo! Chicken, Bacon, Spinach...check out my diary...YUMMMMM...waited all day for it...and STILL under cals.....EVERY now and then ya just gotta have PIZZA...yum....
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    I eat pizza all the time. Since I have to watch sodium I now limit myself to maybe one large slice.
    If people have to watch fat, I recommend they avoid toppings like meatball, sausage, extra cheese.

A regular plain(NYC type) slice of pizza is a very balanced food.
  • taso42_DELETED
    Options
    Here is one of my DIY attempts
    piz.jpg
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Gluten Free Mexican pizza from ZPizza. It's the best.
  • taso42_DELETED
    Options
    Gluten Free Mexican pizza from ZPizza. It's the best.

That's it. Defriended! :laugh: