I <3 Pizza

Options

Replies

• Lesliecs
    Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    You can make your own. Here is a really easy and fairly low calorie option. Take a tortilla (wheat works too) and then put about 1/8 to 1/4 cup pizza sauce then top with whatever veggies and meat toppings that you want and top with some cheese. Put it on the grill (low heat) for about 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the tortilla is crisp. I do this when I am craving pizza and I really like it. Hope you do too. Enjoy.:smile:

That's usually how I make mine too and they are really good. I've also used the "Thin Slim" bread rounds as crust. I toast them slightly before putting the sauce on and then pop them in the oven. The bread is nice and crisp when you take it out. Delicious!
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I had one of my MOST favorite "flatbreads" tonight...from Bravo! Chicken, Bacon, Spinach...check out my diary...YUMMMMM...waited all day for it...and STILL under cals.....EVERY now and then ya just gotta have PIZZA...yum....

This Bravo! ?

http://www.bravoitalian.com/index.html
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Gluten Free Mexican pizza from ZPizza. It's the best.

That's it. Defriended! :laugh:

Sorry Taso, "It's the best when you can't have dairy/soy/gluten and you still want pizza"

Better :wink:
  • akaChuck
    akaChuck Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Pizza is aaaaamazing...Dominos is my favorite to order from but I tend to go overboard when it's in the house. Perhaps trying to make your own? That way you know exactly what goes into the nutrition facts?
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    From the Chicago area here...

1. These places are not pizza but rather tomato paste, grease, cheese, and crackers: Dominos, Pizza Slut, Cici's, Little Caesars, Papa Johns (the best of the group if you have to settle)

2. My favorite: Uno's, Gino's East, Edwardo's, Gelsosomo's are my favorites but there are many more great pizza's in the area.
  • NewVonnie
    NewVonnie Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    The pizza snob in me is shuddering at the mention of things like dominoes, pineapples, little ceaser's or papa whatevers.

Ideally I prefer a proper Neapolitan pizza, cooked in about 150 seconds in an 800 degree wood fired oven. No toppings at all, when trying out a new place; otherwise something like italian sausage and maybe some onions.

A close second - a proper new york city slice. Once you get a few miles away from the tri-state area, they really don't seem to "get" pizza...

Boy makes me so proud!!!! Another reason to love the man, he knows his pizza!! :wink: :love:
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    The pizza snob in me is shuddering at the mention of things like dominoes, pineapples, little ceaser's or papa whatevers.

A close second - a proper new york city slice. Once you get a few miles away from the tri-state area, they really don't seem to "get" pizza...

Oh My Yes! I don't agree this is a close second! I am from New Jersey and I currently live in PA -- there is no comparison on pizza!
  • cspence2270
    cspence2270 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    We have 4 local pizza places in our area, way better than the chains. We did stop ordering pepperoni and anything extra. Usually stick to ground beef or canadian bacon on thin crust or we make our own. Schwan's has a very good frozen starter crust that we use and just keep it simple and light. We eat pizza at least once a week, we just don't polish off 1 large and 1 small anymore. Not kidding here my husband used to eat a large pizza by himself. Me I ate a small. But I won't give up pizza--- ever.

I know you said you don't have them but if we do chain pizza it's Papa Murphy's Delite-- YUM!!
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    1. These places are not pizza but rather tomato paste, grease, cheese, and crackers: Dominos, Pizza Slut, Cici's, Little Caesars, Papa Johns (the best of the group if you have to settle)

word
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options

Ideally I prefer a proper Neapolitan pizza, cooked in about 150 seconds in an 800 degree wood fired oven. No toppings at all, when trying out a new place; otherwise something like italian sausage and maybe some onions.

You tell me how to find a proper pizza in Denver, and I'll eat the *kitten* out of it... I'm a foodie of the 'loves the very best foods' variety.
  • pixlamarque
    pixlamarque Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Domino's Pacific Veggie (American Legends) on thin crust, no onions, add pineapple and jalapeno. If you order online it is easy to customize and you can change all the cheeses to "light" so there are a few less calories (there are three kinds of cheese on there so you won't miss a bit). We don't have much other than the chain pizza places where we live and I used to not like Domino's but this pizza is really good.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big fan of pizza, but my family is and we've always ordered Pizza Hut. After seeing all the commercials about how Domino's changed their pizza, we decided to give it a shot. I am now hooked on thin crust Memphis bbq chicken.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options

That sounds pretty gross...Isn't pizza with no toppings just bread? lol
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    I used to down a whole Little Caeser's pizza in a day...oh the memories. Well when I get pizza I usually get pineapple and green peppers yum!
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options

Amen brotha!
  • FireSwan
    FireSwan Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    You can make your own. Here is a really easy and fairly low calorie option. Take a tortilla (wheat works too) and then put about 1/8 to 1/4 cup pizza sauce then top with whatever veggies and meat toppings that you want and top with some cheese. Put it on the grill (low heat) for about 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the tortilla is crisp. I do this when I am craving pizza and I really like it. Hope you do too. Enjoy.:smile:

This is a great way to make pizza! :happy: I do this all the time. I usually toast the tortilla (Mission Low Carb ones) for a min or so first, then put all the sauce and toppings on it. Then pop it back in the toaster oven until the cheese it melted. -- Actually just did this last night!
  • xxthoroughbred
    xxthoroughbred Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of Paper Murphy's...is that a chain?
    I love me some Papa John's and local pizza joints! :love:
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options

word

It's funny because I grew up with great food in the Chicago / NW Indiana region, especially pizza, and out here on the west cost people think places like Pizza Slut and Taco Bell are just awesome. Kinda funny the differences you get from region to region.
  • boston6
    boston6 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I challenge any of the NY pizza's with Regina's Pizza in Boston's North-end. If you're in Boston you have to try it and make sure you go only to the original location in the North-end. The franchise locations are not nearly as good.

GO RED SOX!

:bigsmile:
  • luscadero
    luscadero Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I haven't eaten a chain pizza for years. I have two favorites that are unfortunately within walking distance of my house. One has cracker thin crust and the whole thing is freaking amazing. They've been around for about 60 years. The other one is more of a midwestern tavern style pizza, but definitely ranks in the top two pizzas I've ever had, including NY and Chicago. They make a philly steak pizza that kills just about everything I've ever eaten.

I much prefer to go to Hot Doug's in Chicago, instead of getting pizza :love: