What's the one thing you have refused to give up?

Options
13»

Replies

• jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    I have refused to approach anything as an absolute. I have I have the calories left, I will eat just about anything.

same here! As long as i have calories left i'll still eat it :o)

same here!!!
  • ATT949
    ATT949 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Nothing.

I was 6' 1" and weight almost 300 pounds. Why, for the love of Mike*, would I not make all of the changes that were needed to become healthy again?

The pisser is that I went on a wine buying trip to Northern California back in March so I'm up to about 15 cases of wine that I don't know if I will ever drink.

Guess that means "Party at Doug's place!"

*"Mike" is the founder of the site
  • Murphk323
    Murphk323 Posts: 184
    Options
    starbucks and extra crunchy peanut butter.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    I haven't given anything up, apart from large portions!

However there are many foods that are so high calorie that I rarely choose to eat them, and others that have simply lost their appeal now I'm used to eating more healthily.
  • HeyLisa
    HeyLisa Posts: 201
    Options
    Chicken Tikki Masala with Naan and too much wine on Friday nights.

I calorie count and compensate for what I want those days. For me I net calorie 1400 daily (or average that for the week if some days are a little higher/lower then others).

Live your life!
  • Ireshgurl
    Ireshgurl Posts: 559
    Options
    I'm still working on breaking up with Dr. Pepper. I'm trying to slowly break it off with Dr Pepper and only spend time with him every other day, and it was working, but then he just got sooo irresistable that i had to have time with him atleast once a day. I'm gonna give it another shot because my relationship wit Dr P is one sided, he's just not good 4 me anymore. :laugh:
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    food.
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I won't give up anything... I just (mostly) control protions. Realistically I won't be eating rabbit food for the rest of my life so why would I do it now.
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Two things

1. Ice Cream. I am a *kitten* for ice cream. It's my precious. So I save enough calories every day for a serving of ice cream. Sure, I've switched to brands/styles that have lower calories, and I eat my ice cream right out of the half-cup measuring spoon. But I refuse to give it up.

2. Beer. Although I don't drink it nearly as much as I used to I still enjoy the occasional frosty, refreshing adult beverage.
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Coffee & chocolate. :wink:
  • cdstadt
    cdstadt Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    tater tots and fries :)
  • chellaJKR
    chellaJKR Posts: 146
    Options
    Bagels. SO bad. The thin ones are revolting. I bet I would float off this earth if I quit them cold turkey but I just can't. Well, I can- I refuse.
  • daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I refuse to give up anything. I aim for healthier choices and moderation, but if I want it I work it in. This is my life, not a short term diet. I don't know how long I'll be on this earth and I won't spend it feeling deprived. Enjoy every day and every meal, just be conscious of your choices.

^This!! Very well said.
  • theba2il
    theba2il Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    i have refused to give up anthing!
    everything in moderation :)

This
  • deegarcia19
    Options
    Alcohol!

But I switched from high sugar and calorie red wine to 95/serving Jose cuervo light margarita !
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    There's nothing I would absolutely not give up. I'm not strict with my diet, and I eat whatever I want. I just don't eat so much of it.
  • xMissAprilx
    xMissAprilx Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Chocolate.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,683 Member
    Options
    For me it's my morning cup of coffee!!! I drink the international coffees from maxwell house!! They are sooooooo good and I add a little flavored creamer in it to make it that much better. I count the calories for the coffee, but I don't count the creamer! :tongue:

So what's your weakness?
    Nothing. Giving up something means cravings and eating your cravings is the main reason people regain weight. Eat what you want in moderation, meaning on occasion.
  • foodfight247
    foodfight247 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    My sanity during times of tension / stress.... Smile, laugh... Be happy!
  • TakeOne
    TakeOne Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Living. I still enjoy holidays and cake on birthdays, beer at the cottage and mini donuts at the fair. I've just learned to compensate with a higher activity level and reduce portion sizes. But I simply REFUSE to put my life on hold and give up making memories with my family and enjoying all that life has to offer.

^^This^^ It's all about balance :)