PROTEIN SHAKES

Options
2»

Replies

• KansasGal
    KansasGal Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I use the Visalus shake mix! Great tasting, many different recipes, MANY nutritional benefits, less than one gram of sugar and they help in gaining lean muscle and energy! If you want more info just message me and let me know!
  • martinh78
    martinh78 Posts: 601
    Options
    I'm on my second bag of PHD Diet whey but have been more and more convinced that I could do better...

I was speaking to a stor ethe other day who sells ALL of the major proteins and he recommended a simple pure whey as a cheaper/bulk-buy alternative when I cut down teh cardio and start doing more weights.

Optimum Nutrition's Gold Whey is supposed to be fast acting and great post/pre workout.

Optimum Nutritions's Gold Casein is a slow release and good for breakfast and before bed.

I'm convinced of the benefits of protein shakes and, quite frankly, like the taste and convenience. I'm thinking of going down the two way approach, rather than an all-in-one product. Any exeriences with this? I do like a shake for breakfast and one before bed. I might not need any during teh day with my diet though, maybe a bar for after a workout?

Saying that, the PHD Diet Whey has certainly done what I wanted (filled me up, helped my muscles, and I'm loosing weight!)

Having chatted to the store though I am no longer "afraid" of putting weight on with teh normal/pure whey as I understand more than I did when I started :o)
  • Coltsman4ever
    Coltsman4ever Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    BTW... some shakes are designed to help you gain mass. Shakes like Muscle Milk (although it is delicious, one of my favorites) would not be a good choice if you're trying to LOSE weight. It is very high in fat and calories.
    Basically anything that tastes good to you and is low in fat and calories will be fine.
  • sccamero
    sccamero Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I really needed to find a protein shake myself. Good to hear all these opinions on what is good.
  • SpartanTrainer
    Options
    If you are using that much protein STOP!! Way too much and a waste of money. Also it can have counter effects on your health. You should be having 1-2 grams of protein per pound of body weight. Most should come from healthy foods. Then supplement the rest with a shake. If you have more ques or want to discuss this further please email me!