I could use some support - a bit down right now

Options
2»

Replies

• rwd5046
    rwd5046 Posts: 302
    Options
    hi,

I just lost my best friend, my cat, to cancer. For 15.5 years he was an amazing fur kid. He was the smartest, biggest, and most intelligent cat I've lived with and I'm blown away that I'm so emotional over loosing him. I've never been this devestated to lose a pet. It's like the time I lost my sister....

Makes me want to be depressed, and that's not me! My husband is taking it even harder. Any kind words you can share will really help me today.

Cherish the memories and never undervalue them. Your friend will live on forever.
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I am sooo sorry for your loss. I know how it is..my baby will be 15 in a few months..I know this baby has been with you through thick and thin...when you were down..when you were happy.

Just remember the good times..the goofy times...with your kitty. I will pray for you during this time...keep your head up..it will get better...
  • mikethom
    mikethom Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I know I'll be devastated when I loose my two. Grief is important. Try and remember that your cat had a good long happy life. I just did some poking around (google) and found this site http://www.petloss.com/ it looks like a good place to find some support but I can't vouch for it.

Take Care
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    It's a horrible feeling. Maybe look through pictures of him and think of all the things that made him so special. Eventually those will be what you think about, not the pain.
    How you deal with it us up to you. There really isn't a right or wrong way to grieve. It's been a few years since I've had to deal with this kind of loss. A friend did recently and waited a few days and then went to a shelter and asked the staff what cat they had that deserved a home but didn't have a good chance. A huge black male cat came home with her that day. He's not a replacement, he's a successor.