Everyone hates the "skinny b1tch"!

Options
This may be off topic but...anyway, why do some people assume because someone is "thin" and on MFP that either they have 1. an eating disorder. 2. are crazy?
I haven't found that here but I was on the other site and I got a lot of hate. Don't people realize that you can be skinny fat and extremely unhealthy? There is such a thing as being 125lbs and having a horrendous hip to waist ratio, or having cholesterol through the roof.

Replies

• ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    I weigh close to 100 pounds and most people would talk crap, so I changed the ticker to show how many pounds lost instead of actual weight. People see a number and assume the worst.
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    People also don't realize that the "skinny" person could have been an overweight person at one point in time, and are simply using MFP as a tool to maintain. You have to realize there are a plethora of idiots on this site who are incapable of thinking that far out of the box.
  • Tuffjourney
    Options
    I soo want to be called a skinny biotch :grumble:
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I'm sure a lot of it is insecurity and jealousy.
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I asspire to be a skinny ***** that everyone hates.
  • Genem30
    Genem30 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    If and when I ever get "skinny", I totally plan to stick to the site, if I don't, I'll totally fall off the wagon again. The last time I tried to make a life change like this, I was using a site that didn't have any sort of social interaction with other people, so eventually I just stopped going there and keeping track of my progress, and 75lbs later, I was kicking myself in the *kitten*.

I'm relying on the people I've made friends with here to not let that happen again :).
  • spaztastic13
    Options
    To each there own...and I want to be a Skinny B!tch!!!!!!
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    That is so true skinny fat is very unhealthy.....even if you are skinny doesn't mean you are healthy
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    This may be off topic but...anyway, why do some people assume because someone is "thin" and on MFP that either they have 1. an eating disorder. 2. are crazy?
    I haven't found that here but I was on the other site and I got a lot of hate. Don't people realize that you can be skinny fat and extremely unhealthy? There is such a thing as being 125lbs and having a horrendous hip to waist ratio, or having cholesterol through the roof.

can I just start by saying I FREAKING LOVE YOU!

I used to be a skinny fat girl and since I have found this site, I am much more careful and make better choices. I was also told by someone on here that I'm skinny, so I could not possibly have a CLUE what I was talking about in regards to nutrition and health. Really?!? And, I'm not skinny, now I'm healthy. With knowledge of health, working out and nutrition. :bigsmile:
  • anulle2009
    anulle2009 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I personally feel people who are over weight like myself dont realize that people who are a "heathy" weight in our eyes may not be in that person's eyes. Plus your right, i have known people a lot skinner than me but they were alot unhealthier than i was!
  • pinkleah456
    Options
    I don't want anyone to think I'm calling myself skinny because I'm not...but I started using this site to keep an eye on my calories and keep them constant as I struggle with under eating and then binging - it's more to control myself then to loose weight!
  • nikki91950
    nikki91950 Posts: 647
    Options
    people are just plain out stupid and ignorant. they'd rather make their own assumptions than actually take the time and energy to find out the truth. i know where you're coming from, except i get hit with it in real life from my friends and family. i want to just slap people sometimes.
  • Amysgetnfit
    Options
    Not everyone is on here to loose more weight.its also for fitness. But like the test of the world/internet you have the good.the bad &better the morons. & what's heavy for a 5' tall person might be underweight for a 6' person. There's lots of supportive people here ignore the brain dead ones.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    People also don't realize that the "skinny" person could have been an overweight person at one point in time, and are simply using MFP as a tool to maintain. You have to realize there are a plethora of idiots on this site who are incapable of thinking that far out of the box.

Ufff I'm one of those now "skinny" persons who was overweight and was on & off for more than a decade and is now using MFP for weight maintenance. If I will stop counting my calories and logging all I eat, in no time I will be back to my old fatty me. Some people need to be educated on this. Many have this perception that diet (I mean proper balanced diet) & exercise are only for overweight people but the truth is that it is for everyone whether you are fat or thin. I know many people who are naturally thin but has hypertension & diabetes and also those who weigh only 100ish lbs. but their waistlines & body fat percentage are bigger than mine & their hip to waist ratio is not so good.
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I'm not skinny myself (yet :laugh:) But when I see someone skinny, I don't assume anything. I think either they are trying to gain weight, maintain their weight, or just be more fit. I actually know a lot of skinny people who physically look good, but their cholesterol is worse than mine, blood sugar is worse, blood pressure, etc. and I could easily run more than they could. Just because someone is skinny, doesn't mean they're healthy.
  • sabo1974
    sabo1974 Posts: 12
    Options

Ha! ^^^^This^^^^
  • change_happens
    Options

You are exactly right! My cousin had HIGH cholesterol and he was as thin as a weed. I have also seen people who are skinny all over but have back fat and muffin tops.

I used to think, in all honesty, that being THAT skinny must mean you are hungry. BUT since trying to lose weight myself, I am often reminded of how skinny I was and how I was ridiculed and made fun of BECAUSE I was skinny.

I wasn't skinny because I tried to be. I was skinny because my metabolism was raging and everything that I ate never stuck on me. Until I had children of course... yeah, that helped slow things down a bit :)

Everyone who is skinny doesn't have an eating disorder... lol....

Good points you have made!
  • change_happens
    Options

Ha! ^^^^This^^^^

Amen, sistah!!!

Let's face it... we live in HATERnation :)
  • change_happens
    Options

Ufff I'm one of those now "skinny" persons who was overweight and was on & off for more than a decade and is now using MFP for weight maintenance. If I will stop counting my calories and logging all I eat, in no time I will be back to my old fatty me. Some people need to be educated on this. Many have this perception that diet (I mean proper balanced diet) & exercise are only for overweight people but the truth is that it is for everyone whether you are fat or thin. I know many people who are naturally thin but has hypertension & diabetes and also those who weigh only 100ish lbs. but their waistlines & body fat percentage are bigger than mine & their hip to waist ratio is not so good.

I just had to comment on your before and after photos... you look great!!!
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    All yous skinny beeeeotchs can kiss my *kitten*!!!

JK!! People are just jealous...that is all.

And one day I will be a skinny beeeeeotch!