Is it true??

Options
13»

Replies

• gandydancer
    gandydancer Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Really nothing to worry about unless you are diabetic, my doc said even a few blueberries send it up but it comes right back down again, and fruit isn't really a problem, lots of fiber in there as well.
  • Marig0ld
    Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    This seems to be a highly debated topic around here. I look at it this way...I don't know anyone who got fat from eating too much fruit! :laugh:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    some fruits - like dates and figs - can be pretty high, about as much as drinking a diet soda).

diet soda contains no sugar. at all.

js
  • becalee26
    becalee26 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    This seems to be a highly debated topic around here. I look at it this way...I don't know anyone who got fat from eating too much fruit! :laugh:

this is how I feel too! I didn't get to my current weight by stuffing myself with fruit!

I usually allow myself to have 2 pieces of fruit a day so I don't go overboard. I would keep doing what you are doing and see what happens. If you end up plateauing then cut some out and see if it helps.
  • hsnider29
    hsnider29 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    That when you eat alot of fruit in a day you should basically just ignore what your sugar is on your food diary? I am HUGE on fruit. It is a little frustrating because I am ALWAYS over in my sugar.. I was told my a co worker that this is good sugar and I shouldnt worry about it and just ignore the sugars from fruit. I am trying to figure out how true this is???

Sugar is sugar. Obviously eating fruit is good for you because it contains other healthy vitamins but the body handles sugar pretty much the same way. I wouldn't cut out fruit but I would limit the high GI fruits.
  • nsimportant
    nsimportant Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM

This is a mind blowing look at food, sugar, and you body. long, but informative and important.

Sugar: The Bitter Truth

Watch this it has all the answers You need!
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM

This is a mind blowing look at food, sugar, and you body. long, but informative and important.

Sugar: The Bitter Truth

Watch this it has all the answers You need!

Thanks for this, I'm watching and it's very eye opening. Not a flashy documentary but seems to give the straight goods!!
  • CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I am diabetic. Sugar is sugar. :)

Me too, so I watch my sugar intake very closely.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I ignore it because let's be honest, no one ever became over weight for eating too many fruits
  • Yarrum84
    Yarrum84 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I've been told that if you bake/cook/blend fruit without anything other than fruit, then it will produce MORE sugar.....something about the fruits releasing sugars more etc............was told be someone who was told at slimming world.....
  • CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    some fruits - like dates and figs - can be pretty high, about as much as drinking a diet soda).

diet soda contains no sugar. at all.
    js

But diet soda contains artificial crap, such as aspartame and acesulfame.
  • JohnnyStorm
    JohnnyStorm Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Fructose, which is fruit sugar, is a monosaccharide that is easily and quickly absorbed by the body.

Fruits are good for a quick pick-me-up and because of their vitamins and other properties eat a few pieces of fruit per day. This is mostly pre or post workout on cardio days.

IMHO it’s a better choice than a candy bar or table sugar simply because sugar is less concentrated in a piece of fruit and it has vitamins and fiber. However, the bulk of my sugar comes from polysaccharides such as sweet potatoes, oatmeal, plants and nuts which digest slower and as a result help regulate my blood sugar levels better and leave me feeling fuller for longer periods of time.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Fructose, which is fruit sugar, is a monosaccharide that is easily and quickly absorbed by the body.

I know what you mean by this since you're talking about fructose that occurs in the fruit. But fructose that has been added to other, fiberless foods is horrible for health. You probably know this already I'm just pointing it out to others who might see it on a label and go "yay, fructose" :)