When do you exercise ?

Options
Before breakfast ? After ? Mid-day ? Evening or at Night ?

Replies

• dancingnancies
    dancingnancies Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    evening, i am just not a morning person at all!
  • Nikki_is_Knotty
    Nikki_is_Knotty Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    After work before dinner, but it is at about 9 am tho since i work midnights!
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    early, after coffee, before breakfast!
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Whatever time works for that day. Sometimes I have to split it up over many different times during the day.
  • tambink
    tambink Posts: 349
    Options
    Midday, night and sometimes morning just depends :smile:
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Evening - first of all, I am not a morning person with 2 babies. It is usually around 8 after my babies go to bed.
  • racheltgilliam
    Options
    Usually after work -- that seems to be the easiest for me right now. There's a gym in my office building and it's so convenient! I remember in highschool, though -- I seriously got up and ran every morning -- I probably got up at 5:30 or earlier to do that. I just don't have that in me anymore!
  • dsak
    dsak Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I work out late morning / lunch time. I work from home, so I try to block out an hour every day if I can.... sometime between 11am-1pm... so I can work out.
  • abg0220
    abg0220 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I usually work out around 5:30 am before work and then at 8:30 pm I run or walk for 4-5 miles.
  • kngarber
    kngarber Posts: 227
    Options
    At night. I sooooo wish I could get my lazy *kitten* out of bed earlier to work out before work, but I just can't...well I am sure I can I just don't. So I exercise at night after my girls go to bed.
  • Genem30
    Genem30 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to do 15 minutes of weight training when I first get up in the morning, then I run down and up the stairs at work 3-4 times at a day, then after work I hit the pool if weather allows, if not, I'll generally do a long walk around 7:30pm until I'm done.
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    I've been getting up and working out before work, I also walk during my breaks & lunch and I also work out after work.

Just whenever I can squeeze in a workout!
  • spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    It used to be in the late afternoon/early evening, but since I've been working out inside the house, it's usually right before lunch.
  • Bullzyi
    Bullzyi Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I usually workout at night. Mostly cause it helps me sleep.
  • ladybug91254
    ladybug91254 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I try to do early mornings before work so I don't feel like I'm taking time away from my husband but that doesn't always work out (like if I've been awake half the night) so if I don't get the morning in I do after dinner, before dark...usually bike riding cause I don't like to have to drive back into town to go to the gym.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    All times. My body can work out at any time, so I try to usually work out before I instruct.
  • kbrogan78
    kbrogan78 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Early evening if I'm going to the gym (I belong to a small neighborhood gym with child care only from 5-8pm). If I can't fit in the gym, then I wait until after I've put my daughter to bed and do a DVD around 9pm.

I work from home until 1-2a.m., so waking up for an early workout is not an option. :)
  • Jrab6486
    Jrab6486 Posts: 31
    Options
    I most def workout right when I wake up. I like to start my day out with a workout!:tongue:
  • kandrews24
    kandrews24 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    On a perfect day, I exercise all the time! Yesterday was a perfect day.

1. I did 35 minutes of circuit training in the comfort of my home before getting ready for work.

2. At lunch I walked a brisk 45 minutes. In fact, I walked to a local market, picked up some fruit and veggies and carried it back with me (burned more calories that way)!!!

3. Afterwork, I swam for 35 minutes at the YMCA.

4. Once home, I exercised by preparing food for an hour.

I take the stairs when I can. I park far way to get more of a walk in. When I'm walking in the mall shopping, I try to walk fast. Sometimes, I do 10 squats when I go to the bathroom. The more you move, the more you lose. The more you move, the better shape you become, the better you feel.

Some days I am traveling or working long hours and all I can do is run up and down the stairs in my office building. On weekends, I try to get more exercise in. In the back of my mind 30 minutes of exercise is the minimum, 60 is the goal, and more than that is a home run. I admit I'm a little obsesive these days, but I've been at this about 6 months and am feeling better and better. I LOVE FEELING ABLE BODIED AND FIT!!!
  • jenniferlspies
    Options
    Right now, usually around 8:30-9 am (about 2 hours after I eat breakfast) because I work in the late afternoon/evening.