Options
    August 25: 140 squats, 50 push ups, 40 sit ups
    August 26: 140 squats, 50 push ups, rest sit ups
    August 27: 145 squats, 52 push ups, 42 sit ups

3108166.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • DENsilentquakeYSE
    Options
    August 27: 100 squats, 30 push-ups, NO sit-ups (resting abdomen)
  • DENsilentquakeYSE
    Options
    August 28: 100 squats, 150 sit-ups, NO push-ups (resting arms)
  • twistygirl
    twistygirl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Just finished week 1 of the 100 push-up challenge don't really think I am strong enough to go to week 2 my upper arms are weak I struggled on day 3.

week 1
    day 1 25
    day 2 26
    day 3 42 this was the killer

I am much better with my squats I should have went with that, but I will keep keeping on.
  • succeedin2
    succeedin2 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    You all are so amazing!
  • succeedin2
    Options
    Everyone is doing a great job! I had a weekend get away so I did my 75 Squats each day, I did my sit ups with the exception of yesterday I will do extra this week to make up for it. When I get home I will do my 100 sit ups and then run to body pump where I will get my 150+ Squats in addition to my 75. Tonight I will say for AB's class to make up for the 200 I am missing from yesterday.
  • DENsilentquakeYSE
    Options
    August 29: 25 push-ups, 100 squats, 175 sit-ups.
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Monday, August 29: 20 push ups.
  • dtrm88
    dtrm88 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    August 29: 160 squats, 60 push-ups, 55 sit-ups

3108166.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • MereMe
    MereMe Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    MFP’s I need your support - I have started the following three challenges 100 push-up challenge, 200 Sit up Challenge and the 200 Squat Challenge and I need you all to do it with me to make me more accountable. Please Note: We are not doing all 100 or 200 at once but we are working towards that number in small increments weekly and this will help us to get stronger and helps us to reach our fitness goals.

If you have not yet joined the challenge, you still can and post here if you are interested in joining the challenge. You can either do any one of the Challenges or all three if this is too easy I challenge you to do the challenge with us 3 times a week and customize it to challenge yourself. Here are the websites for each of them

http://www.hundredpushups.com

http://www.twohundredsquats.com http://www.twohundredsitups.com

What do you do next? (1) Print the initial test (2) After you take the test based on your fitness level print out only the weeks that you need for instance for the sit up challenge since I was able to do 100 yesterday, there was no need for me to start with weeks 1-3 therefore I have modified the program to fit me since I do both an AB’s and Pilates class my core is pretty strong so I am doing 100 regular sit ups and 100 sit ups with a twist to work the oblique’s for the squats, I also modified them to my fitness level yesterday I did 75 so I will just do 100 a day except on days where I have Body Pump because this new routine has a lot of squats so yesterday I actually did 75 at home and a million at the health club.

(3) See how many you can comfortably do that is the key if you are already athletic, maybe those numbers are too low for you, just double them or adjust them to fit your individual needs this is not a rigid challenge. Side notes: You don't have to do the push ups on your toes the knees are fine but the goal is to get on those toes but your goal can be to stay on the knees either way, you benefit my goal is on the toes. I am so excited about our challenge if you are doing this you are taking yourself to the next level!

Push ups always sound intimidating but most of us have taken the initial test however today, take the initial test and tomorrow start based on where you fit or at week 1 also we rest for a couple of seconds before our next set of push ups and soon, we won’t have to rest. It really exciting to have accountability partners like you all and I encourage you if you are doing one of challenge, try two, two try three unless you have health issues that prevent any of them.

I can only do push ups on my knees at this point in good form - I squeezed out 7 in the initial test - at what point is a person strong enough to go to their toes?
  • succeedin2
    Options
    Monday: I completed 150 Squats w/barbells in the evening and I also did 75 in the morning. I did a total of 400 AB's with my Abwork in Body Pump and my 40 minute AB's Class. I also did 18 3 count push ups.

Please note: My Squats will be done as follows Monday, Weds and Sat based on the schedule above and on Monday and Weds will be my AB's class so no morning Ab work will be done on those days.

Tuesday: I completed 75 Squats and my butt was still sore from last nights squat series and I did my 100 sit ups tonight I will do my remaining 100 sit ups and my push ups.

You all are doing great!
  • TazzytheMotivator
    TazzytheMotivator Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Today did 52 push ups & 100 squarts.:heart:
  • DENsilentquakeYSE
    Options
    August 30: Total body REST... NO push-ups, sit-ups, squats. Back at it tomorrow. Great job everyone!!
  • Bermudabarbie
    Options
    Tuesday, August 30 Push ups 25.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Succeddin2 - thanks so much for flagging this challenge up. Spotted it yesterday, had a look online and did my initial test this morning. Actually think this is a physical challenge I can do on MFP as it just allows you to go at your own pace. Always been rubbish at press-ups and can't wait to get better!

Initial test:

Press-ups (on knees): 3 (pathetic!)
    Sit-ups: 60 (room for improvement!)
    Squats: 63 (give me six weeks and I'll be up to 200!)
  • Bermudabarbie
    Options
    Wednesday, August 31 20 push ups.
  • DENsilentquakeYSE
    Options
    August 31: 5 push-ups, 50 sit-ups, 50 squats :angry: I apologize for the depletion. I think my body was tired. Work through me a lot yesterday.
  • succeedin2
    Options
    Wednesday: I completed 150 Squats w/barbells in the evening I did a total of 400 AB's with my Abwork in Body Pump and my 40 minute AB's Class. My arms were tired from Pump so I did not think my push ups would be effective I will do them tonight.

Thursday: I completed 75 Squats and I did my 100 sit ups tonight I will do my remaining 100 sit ups and my push ups.

You all are doing great! :flowerforyou:
  • Bermudabarbie
    Options
    Thursday, 1 Sept - 15 push ups.