dog bite!

I have been running outside every other day 5.5 miles. Today I was on my last 1/2 mile and two jack russells came on the road barking, grawling, hair standing on end, and biting me! They took two huge holes out of my jogging pants and broke the skin on my ankle! Ahg time to get me some pepper spray!!!!

Replies

• Bad dog!!!!:noway:
  • Faery7
    Faery7 Posts: 317 Member
    You know... it's always the little dogs isn't it!
  • Montco_cancel
    Montco_cancel Posts: 74 Member
    Was the owner around?
  • CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    Pepper spray works, but a much less harmful solution that work just was well is a small watergun with a ammonia and water solution in it.
  • LoriLou67
    LoriLou67 Posts: 173 Member
    Rocks work well too. And I would report it.
  • stenochick0417
    stenochick0417 Posts: 124 Member
    Nope, not always the little dogs. . . a few weeks ago I got chased by a pit bull while riding my bike. !!! Needless to say, I bought some pepper spray. Hopefully, I'll never have to use it, but after that harrowing experience, I'm not going to take my chances!
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    I also had a run in with a neighborhood dog a few years back. and that has made me wary of walking in my neighborhood....I don't very often....
  • kdchick99
    kdchick99 Posts: 104 Member
    You can try vinger too. It's cheaper and won't hurt the dogs. Just mix 12 oz of water with 2 oz of vinger, and if you need smaller version just cut everything in half.
  • inotnew
    inotnew Posts: 218 Member
    I had this happen when I was walking while camping. The homeowner said "he's just playing". I thought "your a horrible dog owner".
  • batlou
    batlou Posts: 97 Member
    I find that a little squirt of water from a bottle whether I am on the bike or running has worked everytime.
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Or you could get a German Shepherd to run with you! hahaha
    or pepper spray :)
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    I use vinegar water and it does not hurt the dog but they do not like it.
  • lausa22
    lausa22 Posts: 467 Member
    I would've got them by their necks and dragged them around until the owner came out.

I was out the other month with my dog and some idiot let their dog just run at me and I had to hold my dog back (he's a staff and hates other dogs being close)
    They just STOOD there watching, so I finally got away and they called their dog back and locked them in the garden. I went over and shouted at them, telling them to keep their dog on a leash if it's unfriendly.
  • Ireshgurl
    Ireshgurl Posts: 559
    proven fact, small dogs bite the most!!!! they just don't do as much damage to warrant the attention big dogs do. nasty little ****s. If that had been me, dog lover or not, they woulda earned the nickname "punt dogs". atleast till i could get something else to keep the little ****s away. call animal services. it doesn't matter if they're small, they're still aggressive and shouldn't be runnin loose.
  • sleepy184
    sleepy184 Posts: 109 Member
    Make sure you report it to the police. Also, if you havnt already get a tetanus Jab as you dont want any nasty surprises.

I
  • MichelleFirestone
    MichelleFirestone Posts: 212 Member
    I would be reporting it. What if it was a child?
  • I walk and there's one little dog who always has something to prove. I carry a stick and lunge at him while waving it. What really gets him is when I bark at him at the same time.
  • runslikeagirl
    runslikeagirl Posts: 140 Member
    This happened to me a couple months ago. The owner was a BEOTCH and told me not to run on my gravel (public effing) road. I was thinking about a sponge dipped in bacon grease to take care of Kujo!!!
  • SusanneWhittington
    SusanneWhittington Posts: 339 Member
    I would use the vinegar or water on the dogs and use the pepper spray on the dog owner.
  • fishgirlnola
    fishgirlnola Posts: 30 Member
    Call Animal Control.