dog bite!

2»

Replies

• Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Aww. The little tykes were trying to help you run faster. Bless 'em.

I hope you're okay.
  • Myobi
    Myobi Posts: 129 Member
    Irresponsible pet owners drive me up the wall.

I've grown up with dogs. Love them to death. I've always been a believer that a dog's behavior is part nature and part nurture. We've had dogs who wouldn't hurt a fly that have required little training besides the normal sit, stay, and all that. Others required more training because they had a stronger "protect the pack" urge.

Sorry you had to deal with irresponsible owners. Generally, a loud firm voice and pepper spray/rock will be enough to deter a dog. If it's clear that they're "protecting" a specific zone, avoid that zone. Walk across the street, go around them, etc. However, if they come at you, and they chase/bite you, please do the dogs (and the children in the area!) a favor and report their owners.
  • fishgirlnola
    fishgirlnola Posts: 30 Member
    I would use the vinegar or water on the dogs and use the pepper spray on the dog owner.

This made me chuckle.

There is dog mace out there special for these occasions. I have very well trained animals that are used for obedience demonstrations, public education, exercise buddies, guard dogs and companions. Loose biting dogs are UNACCEPTABLE no matter what the size and need to be dealt with harshly. The owner needs to be held responsible.
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Get a stun gun! LOL. jk. I wish people would have better control of their dogs.
  • fishgirlnola
    fishgirlnola Posts: 30 Member
    Irresponsible pet owners drive me up the wall.

I've grown up with dogs. Love them to death. I've always been a believer that a dog's behavior is part nature and part nurture. We've had dogs who wouldn't hurt a fly that have required little training besides the normal sit, stay, and all that. Others required more training because they had a stronger "protect the pack" urge.

Sorry you had to deal with irresponsible owners. Generally, a loud firm voice and pepper spray/rock will be enough to deter a dog. If it's clear that they're "protecting" a specific zone, avoid that zone. Walk across the street, go around them, etc. However, if they come at you, and they chase/bite you, please do the dogs (and the children in the area!) a favor and report their owners.

AMEN!
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,223 Member
    Call Animal Control so they can make sure the dogs have all their vaccines and so they can counsel them on leash laws/obedience training, etc...

I have three dogs and it irks me when other dog owners aren't responsible owners.
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    What would be really fun, if the dogs had a white coat...add food coloring to the squirt bottle... Kinda like playing paint ball. lol.
  • lausa22
    lausa22 Posts: 467 Member
    Irresponsible pet owners drive me up the wall...

I've grown up with dogs. Love them to death. I've always been a believer that a dog's behavior is part nature and part nurture...

^ THIS.
    My dog is a staff, not friendly with other dogs, that's why I keep him on a leash whenever we're out, if I see a dog, I cross the street. But with people, he is the nicest and friendliest dog you will ever meet! Even with strangers and small children!
    But he's protective over our back garden, and a lot of children are stupid and try to climb over to (well they say they're just looking at him) to try to steal him. And he'll growl and bark at them, but he's never went for them. He probably would if they manhandled him though.

Point is; we raised him to not hurt anyone else, him not liking other dogs and being protective is his nature. If you know your dog will bite KEEP IT ON A LEASH.
  • GouletB
    GouletB Posts: 50 Member
    I called animal control, owners are getting tickets and paying for my pants! I love dogs I have one and always have/will but no I wont b using water mixed with something. I have two young kids and if that would have happend to them I would have killed them right then. I will b using pepper spray! They are lucky I don't start running with my 38! Also the animal warden informed me small dogs are the majority that bite and he's the one who told me what kind of spray to get. If you don't want an animal to get hurt control them or keep them locked up!!!
  • I would use the vinegar or water on the dogs and use the pepper spray on the dog owner.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Myobi
    Myobi Posts: 129 Member
    Good, I'm glad. Hopefully it will be the wake up call they need to be responsible pet owners.
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,223 Member
    I called animal control, owners are getting tickets and paying for my pants! I love dogs I have one and always have/will but no I wont b using water mixed with something. I have two young kids and if that would have happend to them I would have killed them right then. I will b using pepper spray! They are lucky I don't start running with my 38! Also the animal warden informed me small dogs are the majority that bite and he's the one who told me what kind of spray to get. If you don't want an animal to get hurt control them or keep them locked up!!!

Good for you!
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    I walk and there's one little dog who always has something to prove. I carry a stick and lunge at him while waving it. What really gets him is when I bark at him at the same time.

This is stupid and antigonizing. To the dog it looks like you've got something to prove, so you better watch your back.