NatalieWiley Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    lol as my mom said to me when i was 18 and wanted it done

"people who suck random guys d*cks pierce their tongues"

I say no go!
  • 4vhughes
    4vhughes Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    The skin of a spaghetti squash before putting it in the oven, YES!

The skin of your body anywhere, No.

But I'm a total needle-phobe!
  • Nishka09
    Nishka09 Posts: 33
    Options
    don't do it. The hole will never close back up when you decide to get rid of it.
  • Tamstar1985
    Tamstar1985 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    i say go for it!

i've had my tongue piercing for nearly six years and i don't regret it <3
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    I say pierce. I had mine done, and I loved it. The only thing I would recommend is that once you can change out of the long bar, try getting acrylic tongue rings. They're not flexible like the plastic ones, and they aren't nearly as bad on the teeth as metal. Also, no matter what anyone else tells you as far as care goes, LISTEN TO YOUR PIERCER ONLY. They are the expert for a reason! lol.
  • Trixtabella
    Trixtabella Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I have mine done, I love it. I also have my lip pierced I fiddle with the lip ring all the time.
  • brittanyjeanxo
    Options
    don't do it. The hole will never close back up when you decide to get rid of it.

Uhm. That is just plain false information haha.
  • brittanyjeanxo
    Options
    I have mine done, I love it. I also have my lip pierced I fiddle with the lip ring all the time.

I had my lip done too. It would drive my boyfriend crazy because I'd clank 'em together :laugh:
  • 46and2
    46and2 Posts: 167
    Options
    Um.. YES. Pierce it.

ummm hi...

:wink:

Hi Rockets.. I've never had three firemen wink at me before..
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I say no. It can jack up your teeth (for reals). No I'm not a dentist, but I am married to one.
  • voluptas63
    voluptas63 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I had my tongue pierced in high school. I miss it. Big time. I'd get it redone, if I could.
  • voluptas63
    voluptas63 Posts: 602 Member
    Options

lmao, mine closed after around 20mins. The mouth is the fastest healing place on the body. Shame on you, Miss Information!
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    No. There's a reason 2 of the highest rated jobs as being VERY secure for the next 20 year are cosmetic dentistry and tattoo removal.
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't.
  • ChrisStoney
    ChrisStoney Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Only one reason to do it....Do you really need the edge?
  • ennaejay
    ennaejay Posts: 575
    Options
    You might should weigh out the advice of the ppl who HAVE had it done.... whether they're happy with it vs. regrets. There will be a ton of people on here who haven't had it done and are wigged out by it (owwwwww is all I can say, and I have a monroe, wouldn't do my tongue if you paid me!).

Sounds like the majority really like theirs. Just take good care of it, and switch to a short bar so it doesn't erode the bottom teeth, I heard that's a problem with the long bars. *shrug* Hope you feel spiffy!! :)
  • ohpretty
    ohpretty Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Pierce it. One thing about getting it pierced though: There's only a handful of people out of the hundreds who do it who can simply eat whatever they wish the first few days of getting it pierced. The two times I've had mine done, my tongue was incredibly swollen and I pretty much was on a liquid diet both times I got it done.

Get it done by a professional. The first time I had it done, I was 17 and bought one of those kits from a silver loft and had my 16 year old foster sister do it for me. I can't tell you how incredibly stupid that was; I was lucky nothing bad came out of it. We were incredibly sterile with everything, it's just not the smartest thing to do. What's weird is when I got it re-done last year and did it the professional route, it bled a little whereas when I did it at home, no blood whatsoever.

Crushed ice will be your best friend.

Once you get it done and if it swells up, you'll have urges to take it out. It's annoying as hell the first week or so that you have it. I promise you, you'll get so used to it that -not- having it will feel extremely weird. When I had mine done the first time, I had to take it out because of surgery and it ended up closing up (it doesn't take long for it to close, mind you).

You can and will make it part of your meal every so often, and that's not at all pleasant to bite on. I had to switch from metal to plastic so it's not -as hard- on my teeth when such occasions occur.
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    pierced =hot .......its simple math
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't think so.
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't think so.