lost 10lbs in 2 weeks on the HCG diet

Options
ok so i am on the HCG diet and i have lost on it. i like that i have lost so much in such a little time, but i'm not sure if i should keep on it. i'm not going to lie i love the success from it. i'm just not sure if its really health?
whats everyone think?

Replies

• BlueJeanBabyQueen
    Options
    what is the HCG diet??
  • grouch201
    grouch201 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Kind of depends on how much weight you have to lose, but in general I would say nope.
  • bjgenwright
    bjgenwright Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am using theHCG shots and the phentermine tab as well, But I am doing P90x as well as other workout programs. I have use it before and lost but my body became use to is so I stopped , I just started today so I wish you luck.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    body fat % before and after?
  • HarlCarl
    HarlCarl Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I'm leary of it. There is no information on long term 'side' effects.

Two people I know personally have tried it, lost weight, and then put back on that weight plus more.

Just use MFP, it works! I've lost 60 pounds in 5 months and I feel great.

Dr OZ was doing a show on it, I missed it though. Riding ATVs took precedence.

*** Besides, isn't the HCG a human growth hormone the female body produces during pregnancy?
  • duckpond11
    duckpond11 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    there's a lot of evidence out there that the HCG diet is very unhealthy. Do some googling and you'll see what I mean.
  • portexploit
    portexploit Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I am using theHCG shots and the phentermine tab as well, But I am doing P90x as well as other workout programs. I have use it before and lost but my body became use to is so I stopped , I just started today so I wish you luck.

From a scientific stand point, the HCG has gotten people good results, and people claim to have kept it off. So I'd say stick with it. As for the phentermine, stay off that. Right when you go off of it, your metabolism will slow down, and if you eat the same calories as before you'd gain weight.
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    body fat % before and after?

lol :D
  • scv4414
    scv4414 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I also know a lot of people who've lost a lot of weight on it. Anytime you drop weight that fast, you so easily gain it back. Do you feel energetic? Food should be fuel. If you lack energy and it's not a type of diet you can maintain for a long period of time, its almost always going to be an eventual fail. Balance is the key. Slow/steady weight loss is so much easier to maintain, much healthier and your body LOOKS better the more time you take to get it there.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Sorry. But, only consuming 500 calories a day and injecting my body with a hormone that makes it think it is pregnant when it is not?

No way *I* would do it, thanks.

Just eat healthy. Eat smaller portions. Workout. You'll lose weight slower, but at least it is healthy and sustainable.
  • idwoof
    idwoof Posts: 76
    Options
    I agree that it depends on how high your body fat % was before. If your weight was putting you at risk for serious illnesses or if you already have them then I think drastic measures such as HCG or lapband are fine. But if you are at a point where a low calorie diet and exercise would be sufficient then I would say to steer clear of it.
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I'm leary of it. There is no information on long term 'side' effects.

Two people I know personally have tried it, lost weight, and then put back on that weight plus more.

Just use MFP, it works! I've lost 60 pounds in 5 months and I feel great.

Dr OZ was doing a show on it, I missed it though. Riding ATVs took precedence.

*** Besides, isn't the HCG a human growth hormone the female body produces during pregnancy?

Yes it is. And congrats on your awesome weightloss!!
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Sorry. But, only consuming 500 calories a day and injecting my body with a hormone that makes it think it is pregnant when it is not?

Just eat healthy. Eat smaller portions. Workout. You'll lose weight slower, but at least it is healthy and sustainable.

I agree.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    www.samhsa.com has a list of great places to get help.. That may be a good place to start.

Good luck!
  • ebramlett
    ebramlett Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Not this again.........................
  • portexploit
    Options

I agree.

WHere does it say it's unhealthy or unsustainable?
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    I really was looking for threads with real questions so I could be nice and helpful.....why are you doing this to me? :(
  • portexploit
    Options
    I also know a lot of people who've lost a lot of weight on it. Anytime you drop weight that fast, you so easily gain it back. Do you feel energetic? Food should be fuel. If you lack energy and it's not a type of diet you can maintain for a long period of time, its almost always going to be an eventual fail. Balance is the key. Slow/steady weight loss is so much easier to maintain, much healthier and your body LOOKS better the more time you take to get it there.

Are you saying your friend's didn't keep the weight off???

To everyone else... I am not saying it's healthy, and I am not saying it's not healthy. We can't be so quick to judge..
  • red_hatorade
    Options
    There is no easy way to lose weight. I have searched and searched for an easy way out, but none exists. I finally gave up and instead of wasting time trying to find an easy fix, I sucked it up and started counting calories and exercising. I have lost 9 lbs in 3 months, and I am happy. It just takes hard work, self control and sacrifice. If you lose easy, then it will most likely be just as easy to gain it all back. Just my 2 cents.
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    ok so i am on the HCG diet and i have lost on it. i like that i have lost so much in such a little time, but i'm not sure if i should keep on it. i'm not going to lie i love the success from it. i'm just not sure if its really health?
    whats everyone think?

I lost 10 lbs in 3 weeks just by adding dark chocolate as a snack at night plus eating a balanced diet. This was after I had lost a lot of weight by changing my eating habits and I was stuck on a plateau. The point is that there are many things out there that will help us lose the weight, but the key is to find natural, healthy ways to do it. This will help keep the weight off plus lead you down the road to success for the rest of your life. My opinion on HCG is to stay far away from it. Good luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!