lost 10lbs in 2 weeks on the HCG diet

Options

Replies

• bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Not to be mean, but why not just watch portions, exercise, drink water and lose weight that way? Its much easier and a LOT cheaper doing it the MFP way. Any "fad diet" your likelyhood of gaining the weght back faster, because its not a lifestyle change, but a "quick fix" to a bigger problem.

I've successfully lost over 80 pounds in 5 months and have never had to inject a needle into my body, or take a pill
  • smersh
    smersh Posts: 36
    Options
    I also know a lot of people who've lost a lot of weight on it. Anytime you drop weight that fast, you so easily gain it back. Do you feel energetic? Food should be fuel. If you lack energy and it's not a type of diet you can maintain for a long period of time, its almost always going to be an eventual fail. Balance is the key. Slow/steady weight loss is so much easier to maintain, much healthier and your body LOOKS better the more time you take to get it there.

Are you saying your friend's didn't keep the weight off???

To everyone else... I am not saying it's healthy, and I am not saying it's not healthy. We can't be so quick to judge..

Well, then, I'll save you the trouble.

It's not healthy.
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    92ae.jpg
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Sorry. But, only consuming 500 calories a day and injecting my body with a hormone that makes it think it is pregnant when it is not?

No way *I* would do it, thanks.

Just eat healthy. Eat smaller portions. Workout. You'll lose weight slower, but at least it is healthy and sustainable.

I agree.

WHere does it say it's unhealthy or unsustainable?

Give me an effing break - eating only 500 calories a day is NOT sustainable for long term. Plain and simple. And injecting yourself with a hormone that makes your body think it is pregnant? Think that is a good idea for long term weight loss success?

Eat right. Eat smaller portions. Workout.

The keys to long term weight loss success.

Argue if you want - but it is common sense.
  • KUrness
    KUrness Posts: 3
    Options
    As I always say if there was a magic pill or easy way to lose weight, then Oprah would be thin. So nope I would say stop wasting your money and do it the hard way, eat right and exercise!!!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I also know a lot of people who've lost a lot of weight on it. Anytime you drop weight that fast, you so easily gain it back. Do you feel energetic? Food should be fuel. If you lack energy and it's not a type of diet you can maintain for a long period of time, its almost always going to be an eventual fail. Balance is the key. Slow/steady weight loss is so much easier to maintain, much healthier and your body LOOKS better the more time you take to get it there.

Are you saying your friend's didn't keep the weight off???

To everyone else... I am not saying it's healthy, and I am not saying it's not healthy. We can't be so quick to judge..

If all the get thin quick scams worked - not one of us would be on this website, now would we? Quick to judge something that screams of unhealthy? Come on now.
  • scv4414
    scv4414 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have had several friends do the diet and lose 10-15lbs in just 3 weeks, and immediately gain the weight back because they couldn't sustain the strict calorie intake even at the "maintenance" phase of HCG. I've also researched side effects of HCG because I considered trying the hormone myself. There is evidence that it has caused people to have strokes (just like birth control does in some women). I asked my doctor about it and he did not okay it.
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I would never do it....
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Sorry. But, only consuming 500 calories a day and injecting my body with a hormone that makes it think it is pregnant when it is not?

No way *I* would do it, thanks.

Just eat healthy. Eat smaller portions. Workout. You'll lose weight slower, but at least it is healthy and sustainable.

I agree.

WHere does it say it's unhealthy or unsustainable?

Give me an effing break - eating only 500 calories a day is NOT sustainable for long term. Plain and simple. And injecting yourself with a hormone that makes your body think it is pregnant? Think that is a good idea for long term weight loss success?

Eat right. Eat smaller portions. Workout.

The keys to long term weight loss success.

Argue if you want - but it is common sense.

I guarantee that 'diet' would be sustainable for life. ;)
  • bcweisen
    bcweisen Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I did the HCG for 3 wek and lost 17 lbs.... I gained it all back. My friend and her sisters did it as well and when they stopped they gained all the weight back plus more, so I guess I was luckier than they were. It is really not thay hard to do the 500 a day when you are using the HCG and you are seeing results everyday when you step on the scale. The real challenge is when you go to maintenance and are expected to continue to avoid all carbs for months and even when you try your best, the scale is still creeping back up everyday :( I thought tha maybe since I gained so muc weight due to hormone reasos that the HCG might be what I needed to kick my body in gear, not so. Now I wonder how badly I've screwed up my metabolism. Any "diet" that does not recommend exercise and is impossible to keep up with after a few weeks is doomed to fail. Sorry! Good luck!
  • bcweisen
    bcweisen Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    As I always say if there was a magic pill or easy way to lose weight, then Oprah would be thin. So nope I would say stop wasting your money and do it the hard way, eat right and exercise!!!

I agree... if losing weight were easy, do you think I'd look like this on purpose? :)
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    All of the good scientific research studies that have been done on HCG show that there is no difference in terms of weight loss, body measurements, or body fat percentage between a 500 calorie diet plan alone and 500 calorie diet plan with HCG, or any diet plan alone vs. the same diet plan with HCG. There are also a lot of companies out there who are claiming to sell HCG, but in fact, are selling you something with no HCG at all. So, it’s great that you have lost weight, but most obese people who restrict like that will lose weight that quickly reducing their calorie intake to such a low amount, without HCG. And when tested against a placebo, both groups (with and without HCG) have reported the same feeling of “fullness” “well-being” etc. Which basically means it does nothing. It’s all in your head.

In terms of health, I wouldn’t consider any 500 calorie per day diet to be healthy. There are also side effects, as there are with any drug. It is unnecessary, and regardless of weight loss, you’re likely doing your body damage in the long-term.
  • AMarlene
    AMarlene Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    HCG as a dieting tool has been around about 50 years, if you actually read the science behind it, it seems logical and has fairly good safety profile. As a RN who has 6 years clinical research backround...very few things have no side effects. Of course diet and exercise are the best but for people like me who get discouraged easily HCG (drops) has been wonderful, I am on my 2nd round and have lost almost 40 pounds. I feel wonderful, I just ran the Warrior Dash a few weeks ago & have a lot of energy. I speak regularily with my Doctor and I joined MFP because HCG is tool but ultimately I need to change my lifestyle. Speak to you doctor, do the research, understand the product and the different types of HCG products there are, and decide whats best for you.... advice and opinion are easy to give, but if obesity had a perfect cure, most of us wouldn't be on MFP. Good Luck!:smile:
  • _GlaDOS_
    Options
    HCG as a dieting tool has been around about 50 years, if you actually read the science behind it, it seems logical and has fairly good safety profile.

I have read the science. Please show me the science you have read, because every double-blind placebo-controlled, randomized study I have read out there has said it's pretty much bull****. I'm guessing you "feel great" because you were convinced that the HCG drops were going to make you feel great. Placebos and good marketing scams are great at that.
  • portexploit
    portexploit Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    HCG as a dieting tool has been around about 50 years, if you actually read the science behind it, it seems logical and has fairly good safety profile.

I have read the science. Please show me the science you have read, because every double-blind placebo-controlled, randomized study I have read out there has said it's pretty much bull****. I'm guessing you "feel great" because you were convinced that the HCG drops were going to make you feel great. Placebos and good marketing scams are great at that.

BS in what terms?? WHat is BS about it exactly??
  • portexploit
    Options
    I just realized a magical thing, there are no starvation mode comments with the HCG DIET??? How come?? Everyone talks about people eating under 1200 calories a day will be in starvation mode...

Or is starvation the biggest fattest lie in health and nutrition?
  • _GlaDOS_
    Options

You lose no more weight, body fat, or inches than you would just doing the same diet without HCG. That is what makes it BS. That is what good science does-- it tells us when things are BS and when they actually work better than a placebo.
  • Sasssy69
    Sasssy69 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    You didn't take a pill to make you gain weight. You can't take a pill to make you lose weight.
  • AMarlene
    AMarlene Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I guess I thought this was a supportive place, though I rarely comment...I won't ever again. Geez, nasty much? Might want to take the sweet off your name, just sayin
  • portexploit
    Options

You lose no more weight, body fat, or inches than you would just doing the same diet without HCG. That is what makes it BS. That is what good science does-- it tells us when things are BS and when they actually work better than a placebo.
    I agree with you on that. It doesn't mean that using HCG would make it easier to eat 500 calories a day.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!