Fat Head

Options
124»

Replies

• SkepticallyFit
    Options
    How many people get their only news from the Daily show and Colbert?

Me! ...is that wrong?

It's a hell of a lot better than CNN or Fox News, that's for sure. NPR, Al Jazerra English, and the BBC are also good sources.
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    If you watch the movie closely, you will hear him explain why he did it. He pretty much proved that Spurlock cooked the books, and that's the point. Spurlock couldn't have eaten the number of calories he claimed to have eaten and stayed within his own self-imposed rules. He won't let anyone see his food diary to prove otherwise.

He's attacking the elitist mentality of Spurlock and others like him who have the idea that people are weak idiots and need to be protected from the world. His argument is that what we need to be protected from is the people claiming to be trying to protect us, because they are working on mistaken assumptions about food. He's attacking those underlying assumptions on which the entire diet industry (and the federal government) is built, and he uses compelling, scientifically sound, arguments to prove his point. We've been misled about fat and sugar both and the establishment is sticking by faulty information despite that no good studies bear it out as accurate.

I know I sound like a conspiracy theorist and I'm normally not. But I've done a lot of reading about this and I'm thoroughly convinced that sugar is the major dietary culprit, not saturated fats, as is being espoused by the mainstream diet industry and, indeed, the federal government.

Thank you, perfect.
  • action_figure
    action_figure Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Personally, I know how to get a reasonably healthy meal at McDonald's

If you knew what was in that hamburger, I don't think you would call it healthy. That goes for the chicken, too.
    Enlighten me, what's in that hamburger? Keep in mind I've worked for McDonald's and am very familiar with the ingredients they use.

Well, whatever's in y'all's food, it doesn't rot.
  • SkepticallyFit
    Options
    Personally, I know how to get a reasonably healthy meal at McDonald's

If you knew what was in that hamburger, I don't think you would call it healthy. That goes for the chicken, too.
    Enlighten me, what's in that hamburger? Keep in mind I've worked for McDonald's and am very familiar with the ingredients they use.

Well, whatever's in y'all's food, it doesn't rot.

Good. I'd rather not eat rotten meat; it's generally bad for your health.