5'5 girls - what are you aiming for?

Options

Replies

• ashanti1982
    Options
    Yes exactly, it's about what works for you, I don't want to be skinny either just fit too. Different weights can look so different on people even though we are the same height and I guess it does depend on what you're eating/exercising too. For example I tried on some holdiay clothes from when I was 140 and they fit (not comfortably yet) and I highly doubt it will take another 16lbs to be able to wear them comfortably, probably another 5-10lbs (just a general guess here) and because of what's been said on this thread I now realise that back then in my 140 days I wasn't eating healthy and exercising as much as now so a higher weight looks different on me this time, if that makes sense?
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I don't have a goal weight, but rather a goal body fat % and size. I want to get to 12% body fat which is about 3% higher than what Jamie Eason is. When I was at 128 pounds, I was still carrying around 20% body fat and you couldn't see ab definition at all through the mush. I was size 6 at that point. Anyway, by the calculations on Tom Venuto's website I am estimated at weighing around 115-120 pounds when I get to my goal body fat % and goal size which is a 2.

I started out at 191 pounds...my first goal was 150, but I still looked and felt like a mushy mess. I kept setting it lower and lower... Evidently I am small framed because while some ladies look awesome at 5'5" and 140ish or so, I don't. In fact, when I am that particular weight, which is close to what I am now, I am still wearing sizes 8 and 10. I have another friend who wears size 4 at 140 pounds. Go figure, lol.
  • ashanti1982
    Options
    Oh, miaorange, I forgot to add that maybe it would be a good idea to set yourself mini goals as personally for me my ultimate goal seems so far away and I'll just get discouraged. I know how demoralized you can feel when you hit a plateau, mine is normally at the weight I am now, you just have to try and keep going and come on here for support as we're all here to help each other meet our goals :).
  • texastae1010
    Options
    I am 5'4 and 1/2 so close to it lol....my goal weight I think is between 135-145 I say this because at my smallest many many years ago lol I was 125 I looked like I had an eating disorder but I also know I was skinny fat....so honestly I am going to go with how clothes fit I would love to be back in an U.S. size 6 or 8 pants I have a little extra junk in the trunk so normally things fit my tushy but don't fit my waist the way jeans are cut now I might be able to have both fit not sure lol

I am also what is called big boned and have broad shoulders so they can make me feel unfeminine but I have to remember the more fluff I drop the the less wide I will feel

I am also doing the mini goals...not so much as weight but either I can exercise for 90 days or I can't either which way the 90 days are going to pass ....so my mini goal right now is to work out 6 days a week and eat healthy for 6 days a week until early October (not 90 days I know but we are going on vacation so that is my first mini goal)

I am on a mission to re-wire my mind to not be so obsessed with what that darn scale says but how I feel about me ...I am not happy with how I look or feel so I need to change it ...where as before I get so obsessed with the number I can self-sabotage myself because the number didn't move etc. but we all have our own approach :)
  • ashanti1982
    Options
    Yes, it is so hard not to be a slave to the scales, it is not easy and I find it hard to stick to weighing in once a week. It's a challenge for me not to let the number on the scale mean too much, so many times in the past if I saw the scale not moving or going up I'd just lose heart and bascially pig out, then keep pigging out and be on such a sliding scale that I wouldn't start back eating healthy again for a few months :( since joining mfp and reading other threads I have noticed it has really helped me, a couple of weeks ago the scales didn't move and in the past I would've given up but instead I logged on and read some posts about how muscles weigh more than fat or it could be water retention so I just carried on as normal and tried not to let the fact I hadn't lost that week affect me and the next week I lost 5lbs. I am not sure that will happen everytime there is no luck on the scales but I'm hopeful that logging on here and getting support will help a lot.

Those damn scales eh!!
  • Tattoos_and_Tea
    Tattoos_and_Tea Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Im 5'5" and aiming for 119.
  • kyunda
    kyunda Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    My goal is 160-165. The smallest i've been was 145, and to me that is too thin. I look kinda sick.
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    My goal is 150. That will put me in the healthy BMI for my height. I think at that weight I will be a solid size 8, which works just fine for me. I think the lowest weight I have been since junior high is about 130-135, and that was at a size 6. It was really hard to find clothes to fit, because I am a DD cup...kinda top heavy there.

Anyway, that was in my 20's and now I am in m y 40's. There's got to be some wiggle room as I get older. LOL
  • msaap
    msaap Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    My UG is 145. But I'm thinking of taking it down to 140, and maintaining myself between 140 & 145.
  • 76wendyful
    Options
    I am 5'4", but I am aiming for 140. I was 130 years ago, but I think I may look too thin. I just want to look healthy.
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    My goal is 145. When I reach it I'm going to get a DEXA scan and see where my body fat % is at to see if that's a good place to stay. My guess is that I will want to add just a bit of muscle but stay around that weight.
  • kmorrison21
    kmorrison21 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5, and ideally my scale goal is 125, I'm at 135 right now, and that's my starting weight. That's hard to answer for me, because I'm not a big fan of the scales, I think it's a big fat liar, and discourager. That's why I say it's ideally 125, but I do a lot of strength training, and the scale hasnt changed much, but my body has. Really my goal is very little body fat, regardless of what the scale says. If that makes any sense.haha.. :)
  • hjett
    hjett Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am hoping to get down to 140 - but I would be happy anywhere in the 140s, honestly! I have my daddy's legs (thanks a lot, dad!), so I hold a lot of muscle there and it just seems hard for me to get down any smaller than that. I was 140 in college, and was in GREAT shape, so that's why I'm thnking anywhere in the 140s will probably be a "healthy" weight for me. :)
  • kacyc1117
    Options
    I'm starting at 262 lbs. I'm down to approx 241-244 right now.. i have a LONG way to go, but at this moment, i'm aiming for 200- then i'm going to try to get down to 170-180. i've always been a bigger girl and i'm scared if i got to the 130-150 like im supposed to be, id look sick. :( but i guess we'll see as the journey continues.
  • Arynamber
    Arynamber Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hi fellow shorties :P
    Im aiming for 135.. (Ive NEVER been below 143) Ive lost 10 pounds so far.. and I thought i would look THINNNER then I do.. so when I get down to 135 I will have to re-evaluate if I still need to lose or not..
  • bexxii10
    Options
    I'm 5ft 6 and aiming for 150 pounds. :)
  • killerqueen17
    killerqueen17 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Hey all-- I'm 5' 5.5", and aiming for 115. I've been naturally very lean all my life, and that's what I weighed before I gained this weight over the past year.

Now, I don't know if it's a realistic goal or not, since I'm getting older and becoming a grown woman, lol-- so I'm planning on re-evaluating once I reach 125. At that point I may decide to maintain, or I may want to keep going. We shall see! :)
  • Angie789
    Angie789 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and my goal weight is 145. Although, honestly, it's been so long since I was at that weight, I don't really know if that is really THE number for me - and I am okay with it if it is higher or lower. I am curvy, and I like my curves, so I am not interested in being skinny - just curvy & fit! I'll re-evaluate when I get there - unfortunately, I have a ways to go but I know I can do it. I lost a lot using MFP a couple of years ago, got pregnant again and now I am out to lose this baby weight and get down to the weight I want to be for the rest of my life! :happy:
  • PlumeriaTattoo
    PlumeriaTattoo Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and like how I look at 140sih. I'd love to be in the 130s, but at 47 and my screwed up metabolism, I'll be happy to get into the 140s again. :)
  • dmcgoon
    dmcgoon Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and my goal weight is 115