Lose 10 lbs in September Challenge

Options

Replies

• carolinagirl7
    carolinagirl7 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Sorry for posting late this week. I am down another 3 pounds this week to 202. That is 6 pounds gone for the month YEA!. A total just shy of the 3500 calorie mark 3424 for the week (darn that softball game being rained out...maybe I should have added the 5 minute sprint to the car as activity, I bet that would have made 3500 calories LOL :smile: )

Mini Challenge

1. Water...never a problem for me easy 8+glasses daily
    2. Stairs...I live on the second floor and climb 3 fights of stairs 2-4x daily. Never counted how many steps will have to do so, but I do not think I will have a problem achieving
    3. NSV this month:
    1. shopping for a new bathing suit...and I fit into a regular size 18 (not a women's size)
    2. I have been completing a "brick workout" on Sundays where I swim 10 laps, bike for 10 miles and walk/jog for 2 miles in preparing for my sprint triathlon on Oct 9th. Proud to report my weekly time keeps decreasing, and with transition times, I was down to 1:47 today. (I would have been faster today if that darn side stitch pain hadn't kicked in with my jogging today) Down from 2:05 last month.
  • kbrogan78
    kbrogan78 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Ugh. Water retention week. I just entered my weight as the same as the previous week. (Slightly cheating, but it works best for me mentally to not make water weight gain "official")

This week's challenges:

1- Water is never a problem, I tend to average 80-100oz/day

2 - Stairs could be tricky.....will have to count how many stairs down to my basement because that's the only staircase I have easy access to. Guess I have no excuses not to get all the laundry done this week (machines are down in the basement)!

3 - As for the NSV, this is the month when my lower body finally started shrinking and I've been able to "shop" in the smaller sized clothes in my closet. It's like having an entirely new wardrobe! :)
  • Tisch1985
    Tisch1985 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    1.Water that was a bit of a problem last week but i will just have to make sure i drink enough.

2. Stairs I'm Dutch and i tought we had to do 215 flight of stairs hihi but that will be no problem

3. NVS

My brother told me my face was normal again haha and that he could see that i had lost some weight

I lost 2 inch from my stomache and 1 inch from my legs.
  • MDLNH
    MDLNH Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Forgot to post my loss for Friday the 23rd.

New weight: 236 pounds (*loss of 1 pound)
  • tiabirdie56
    tiabirdie56 Posts: 4,041 Member
    Options
    Last week's challenge results~
    water- never a problem, goal + met
    3,500 calories burned, no- little over 2300 all workouts were interval workouts
    weightloss-no, gained 4lbs, I'm certain it's water retention. I'm not proud of the way I ate the last 2 weeks. My go to was fast food. I will not be repeating that this week.

NSV for this week's challenge~ I've lost over 10 inches in the past 2 months, 5 of them during September.
    This week, I'm adding a morning workout, stairs challenge fits in nicely :smile:

Tish
  • obstacleone
    Options
    Mini-challenges:

Water - Is never much of a problem for me

Stairs - Eric, I have a feeling you and I will have a love/hate relationship this week! :tongue:

NSV's - Maybe overkill here, but I've had a good month. :drinker:
    1. New 5K PR of 47:54 on the hilliest course I have ever ran
    2. Caity: "Look, Cody, there's Nick and Jana." Cody: "Wow, she looks so skinny!" I didn't actually hear this conversation, but Caity told me about it after the fact. I love seeing people I haven't seen in a while because they are always the ones that notice the most!
    3. Have lost almost 7 inches since the last time I saw my trainer 5 weeks ago - needless to say, she was a little impressed and had no hesitation telling me so.
    4. Was actually able to buy a shirt on the normal side of Maurices (my favorite store!) instead of the plus size side.

Everyone usually loves the stairs challenge. It's something fairly simple and easy access to (for the most part) but once you get down and start doing it it's a pretty good workout! Please don't curse my name. I'm trying to do the 1500 in this week's challenge and the 2000 I posted for my own mini challenge. That and I added 25km to complete this week. I'm falling behind on the stairs but I've done 16km so far.

My NSV would be my exwife said I was starting to look "flatter" I always find it hard to see the differences in what my body is doing and what tends to happen most for me is in the face, so if someone mentions my body as oppose to my face it's nice to hear.
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I'm just kidding, Eric...I think it's a great challenge! And I've seen nothing but positive responses from everyone else! I better get started, though, if I'm gonna make it!!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,022 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS to all you losers. WE ROCK. Make this week count
  • DebsFernandez
    Options
    Well, for the weigh-in I lost 4lbs. That seems kinda crazy for me cause I think that's a lot to lose in a week. But the upside is that I am down 9lbs so far this month and I just one more to make the 10lbs for this month. I am super excited since I didn't make it last month lol.

NSV News!! Lol. I had bought myself a pair of jean size 16. My boyfriend made me buy them :P. And yesterday I got to wear them!! They were a bit tight but I was still able to button/zip them lmao. I just thought that was awesome and I felt great alllll day!!! :P
  • Athena413
    Options
    I got in 50 stairs today!! 62 if you count me going up my front steps 3 times today! (I'm so gonna fail this challenge! lol)
  • ADTeachTX
    ADTeachTX Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    So I really want to do the stair challenge but I haven't really started yet. I climbed two flights of stairs today but that is it. I am so far behind. I need to climb 15 flights every day for the next 4 days. I need some support and easy access to a flight of stairs. I work on the 1st floor and I live in a 1 story house. I have to really think about climbing the stairs...I need some support to make this happen.
  • tiabirdie56
    tiabirdie56 Posts: 4,041 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

ADTeachTX~1500 stairs is a tough challenge to fulfill, unless you work in or know of an office building with an open staircase. I know I'm not going to make 1500 stairs, but I have 2 staircases in my home that I go up a lot during the course of a day. I'm just going to do what I can and benefit from that.

What I've done so far:
    fri/72
    sat/72
    sun/96
    mon/216
    This is counting going up only.

Tish

p.s.~ I just found a formula for calculating calories burned climbing stairs on 3fatchicks.com

Climb stairs = [5 * your weight (KG!!) * time (minutes)]/60

Convert your lbs to kg here~ http://www.convertunits.com/from/lbs/to/kg

Find some stairs to climb!
  • sboo
    sboo Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    So I really want to do the stair challenge but I haven't really started yet. I climbed two flights of stairs today but that is it. I am so far behind. I need to climb 15 flights every day for the next 4 days. I need some support and easy access to a flight of stairs. I work on the 1st floor and I live in a 1 story house. I have to really think about climbing the stairs...I need some support to make this happen.

So your job, and home are one story buildings. There is not a near by hospital, school stadium with bleachers, are something like that you can get access too? It is helpful to have several floors to climb at a time. Good luck.
  • licha75
    licha75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options

Maybe use a stool or brick or stepper and start counting! Good luck! :)
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Only going up the stairs counts if you're doing actual flights of stairs, stair step machines at the gym are perfectly acceptable, if you don't have access to either of those, us a brick or a board or something! IMPROVISE! :)

If you are not able to do this challenge (bum knee, weak ankles, whatever) don't worry about it, you won't be penalized! Just do your best to kick *kitten* this last week!!

You all have been so much fun this month and I hope you'll all join me again next month!

I don't do stairs very well since I have knee replacements, but will do my best

Pam aka Cherubcrnp
  • Athena413
    Options
    If anyone is interested in staying on board for October, here's the link to the new thread:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/354052-october-10-lb-bootcamp-challenge
  • ADTeachTX
    Options
    416 stairs today!
  • ADTeachTX
    Options
    What I've done so far:
    fri/72
    sat/72
    sun/96
    mon/216

How many people count going up only? Is that how everyone else is doing it?
  • obstacleone
    Options
    What I've done so far:
    fri/72
    sat/72
    sun/96
    mon/216

How many people count going up only? Is that how everyone else is doing it?

Yep.
    I've done 1235 so far
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Well, I totally blew this week's mini-challenge. Between work (so busy I could hardly leave my office) and cleaning, moving, painting at home, I have not done any stairs besides the 5 on the outside of my house 1x a day.