Ladies- I have a question!

Options
2»

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Mine has always slowed down when I exercise regularly, even if I'm not losing weight.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking this today. Mine has definitely gotten lighter and I can't say I'm complaining!

Exactly, I'm not complaining what so ever ;-)
  • NinjaMonkey201
    Options
    It's actually very common for your "friend" to get lighter or even stop when you're exercising. A good friend of mine is a competitve bodybuilder and whenever she starts training for a competition, hers stops immediately and starts back up when she stops training.
    We're women... our body's are weird. :)
  • CindyWarner
    Options
    :laugh:
    F@$k! I did it again, I will never learn. I just threw up - again!

LMAO! My husband tells me all the time "You females are disgusting..".
  • CindyWarner
    Options
    Opps I mean to reply to that.

Everyone who has been born has come out of a "Discussing Female". I suggest you learn about life. And deal with the fact that yes women menstrate. It's not like you have to watch us do it! If you cut your arm and it bleeds is it discussing too?
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Opps I mean to reply to that.

Everyone who has been born has come out of a "Discussing Female". I suggest you learn about life. And deal with the fact that yes women menstrate. It's not like you have to watch us do it! If you cut your arm and it bleeds is it discussing too?

Men are just silly like that. I just laugh at my husband or I'll tell him every time I have to "change". ROFL!
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Guys do a lot of gross stuff too, so I think we're even on that...

Anyway, I haven't lost a significant amount of weight yet, but I can tell you that birth control pills can definitely make your period lighter or make it go away all together. (Or they can make it worse...) Personally, that's one of the greatest benefits of the pills for me other than the avoiding pregnancy thing.

It clears up my skin and regulates my hormones in such a way that I have fewer migraines too.

However, eventually, I'd like try getting off the pill, because I hear it affects your blood pressure, and as I get older, I'm not sure that I want to do that anymore. It was great in my 20s, but as I head into my 30's I'm rethinking things a bit.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Hormones are made from lipids (fats & cholesterol)
    Lower percentage bodyfat = lower resources for hormones
    Lower hormone levels = lighter/less frequent periods
    Also with increased exercise you're undergoing a hormonal change.
    In my experience, the lighter my weight, the lighter my periods.

exactly this!
  • danimoon67
    danimoon67 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Mine have gotten worse, BUT I have PCOS and am peri-menopausal, so I know I'm in for a bumpy few years.