...Opinions on belly button piercing....

Options

Replies

• hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm a teenager and I don't like it.
    I'll never pierce my belly button, I'd rather pierce an eyebrow.
    I don't like it probably because I'm not too much into sparkling things, and that's what belly buttons are.

Wait- your belly button sparkles!?

HAHA.

I just lol'd.

LMFAO!! Bwahahhaa!! Too funny!
    Thanks for all the opinions! I'm so excited to get it... now should I surprise hubby w it?? Or take him w me to get it done?

Have you asked him what he would think of it?

I took my boyfriend at the time with me, because he's the one that wanted me to get it done.
  • SKP1986
    SKP1986 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I don't like it probably because I'm not too much into sparkling things, and that's what belly buttons are.

HAHA.

I just lol'd.

LMFAO!! Bwahahhaa!! Too funny!
    Thanks for all the opinions! I'm so excited to get it... now should I surprise hubby w it?? Or take him w me to get it done?

I always take someone with me because I freak myself out and need a hand to hold LOL

The surprise might be nice, but if it were me I would HAVE to take him with me. When I got my tongue pierced I had two people for support lol
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options

You made me giggle, that's never a bad thing!:heart:

I think they are way sexy and I don't think it matters how old you are when you have them, just another place to have a pretty jewel. Go for it and don't worry about an age thing, all the ones I've seen I've loved and age was a never a factor when I noticed the jewelry.

Definitely let us know what you decide, I'd be curious and excited for you, they are just plain fun! As someone above shared, so many cute styles of jewelry to switch it out too or leave in your favorite.

I'm excited for you....hee hee
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I had one for a couple years. Got it pierced when I was 19 and took it out when I was 22. I'm 24 now and I can still see where the hole was, not sure it will ever fully close up, so that's a bit frustrating for me.
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan. I had one as a teenager, but now I don't really like them. Plus, I never wear anything that shows off my midriff (unless in a bikini).
    That being said, to each his own, and I have a nose ring and tattoos, which other people don't like.
    My Advice: Do what makes you happy :happy:
  • Lozzy_82
    Lozzy_82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I've had mine done since I was 16 (I'm 29 now). Personally I don't really like it as I think it looks a bit naff. I keep meaning to take it out but whenever I do it feels so weird that I put it back in! It's not like anyone sees it other than me and my husband.
  • ljd0693
    ljd0693 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    They are cute and sexy so do it if you really want to. You're still in your 20's so enjoy it while you still have the body to make it look good.
  • CaleighAnn
    Options
    I had a belly button ring, but my body rejected it and pushed it out. Not something the person piercing told me could happen, but I can get it done again but it will have to be behind my scar tissue
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's immature, but here's my experience with it.

I got my belly button pierced when I was about 23ish and had it for a couple of years. Then I got pregnant with my daughter. At around 7 months, the piercing was stretching out and getting uncomfortable, so I removed it. Now, I have a really obnoxious stretch mark in between the holes, and the holes are permanent, so I'm always going to look like I have 2 belly buttons. It's kind of gross.

I liked it at the time, but I was so self-conscious that I never really showed anyone or wore a bikini or anything, so it was kind of pointless. And now since my belly button is messed up from it, I'm kind of wishing I hadn't gotten it done.
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I like when a girl has one

my uncle seriously got his pierced years ago and I thought it was the strangest thing... I still don't get it.
  • tabbyanny
    Options
    I just turned 31 and I'm going to get mine done soon. Of course, I love piercings and have many of them already anyway. I say go for it! Oh, and both of my sisters have had belly rings for years and they have never gotten infected.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    If you like them, don't worry about what other people think of them. Be confident in your decision. If someone says something to you about it just tell them, "It's a good thing I had *my* belly-button pierced and not yours then, huh?"
  • Autumn15
    Autumn15 Posts: 213
    Options
    My sister has one and it's awesome looking on her...had a cousin get one and it never would heal so she removed it...I saw one being done and it looked a little painful to me but never having done it I cant say on that...Would I get one, Um not sure I've had lots of trouble with my pierced ears and only can wear real gold for short periods of time..Would I like one,,,Um Heck yeah if I was down to my goal weight and had a nice flat tummy with no streatch marks from having babies I'd love one. They are sexy!
  • Lozzy_82
    Lozzy_82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I like when a girl has one

my uncle seriously got his pierced years ago and I thought it was the strangest thing... I still don't get it.

I know a couple of guys who have it done. On the right guy it can be quite attractive, weirdly.
  • jujulou
    jujulou Posts: 10
    Options
    I'm 39 and still wear mine. I've had it done since I was 27 (late developer!!) I took it out and it closed up when I was pregnant with my son so had to get it re pierced but have had another babe since then and it has never closed up again. I still love it and don't think I'll take it out ever!!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Mine took FOREVER to heal. Probably a full year. Got infected a million times. I knew so many girls who gave up on theirs but I was stubborn. LOL. I do know that a lot of men think they are sexy though. Mine has survived birthing 3 children though and never closes up even when I leave the ring out for years at a time. It's weird. I might go get a new ring for it though, as my husband likes it. But yeah, I'm with you. Should anyone over the age of 25 be wearing one? (I do have the belly for it though...)
  • ursy87
    ursy87 Posts: 287
    Options
    Well I am 43 and had mine done after my last child 8 years ago. It healed easily and I never had any problems with it. I like mine, I just want my tummy to be flatter now so I can see it when I look down:laugh:
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    my boyfriend had loads of piercings including his navel done twice, top and bottom, and i thought it was really sexy.
    Hes taken them all out now, sadly :(
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    WELL...I'm 44 now and I've had mine for at least 15 years or so I guess?? I remember it took forever to heal, but I've never had problems with it. And I *still* like it! My BB looks weird without it now...it's been a part of me for so long!
  • Sasssy69
    Sasssy69 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    If you like them, don't worry about what other people think of them. Be confident in your decision. If someone says something to you about it just tell them, "It's a good thing I had *my* belly-button pierced and not yours then, huh?"

LOVE!!!! Best come back ever - totally going to use this. I've got someone in my life who likes to make comments on EVERYTHING I do - from putting artificial sweetner in my coffee to how I raise my children. I think I just found my standard come back.

As for the belly button...make sure the ring is NOT nickle - pure sterling silver. Mine only got infected once - with a nickle ring. Enjoy!