Sexy in Six Week 2 ***closed group***

Options

Replies

• zaiikaa
    zaiikaa Posts: 112
    Options
    Friday:

I've recently started playing w/ pre-logging and found it to be awesome. I log my main meals in advance, and then log my snacks on the fly. Must easier to just follow what I've already written down than decide on my portion sizes while in the kitchen and hungry.
  • emd0019
    emd0019 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry. I slacked on posting because I had a pharmacology exam yesterday morning and was focused

Wednesday QOTD: What was the hardest change you had to make in order to lose weight?
    To watch my portions and get to the gym almost everyday

Thursday QOTD - Whats the one food that you've found the hardest to give up? and do u on occasion treat yourself to it?
    Chocolate, Chocolate, Chocolate! (and Zaxby's birthday cake milkshake, but luckily they took it off the menu). I kind of have chocolate everyday. Just a little bit everyday. Either a hershey's mini, or a Fiber One brownie, or a tbsp of Nutella (YUM!:love: )
    So I don't consider it a "treat", more like a staple :wink:

Friday QOTD : It is my experience that my most successful days are those where I have planned and logged all my foods in advance. Do you plan and log your daily menu in advance? Do you find it helps? Please share your experiences and any suggestions you might have to help us fit planning ahead into our already busy lives.
    I usually plan my day ahead of time. That way when I get hungry I don't start talking myself out of the healthy food I just automatically say tonight I'm having "_______". On days where I don't plan I find sometimes I snack and can get very close to going over if not going over. It is also just harder to me because I don't really have time at the end of the day to decide what to eat so earlier I just figure it out and follow my schedule. (Dinner is usually squeezed in between the gym and studying)
  • ranewell
    ranewell Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Friday: I try to pre log when I can, so I know where I stand and make sure i'm not going over or under calories for the day and I have the time to plan accordingly.
  • peanut613
    peanut613 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Friday QOTD : It is my experience that my most successful days are those where I have planned and logged all my foods in advance. Do you plan and log your daily menu in advance? Do you find it helps? Please share your experiences and any suggestions you might have to help us fit planning ahead into our already busy lives.

No, I don't usually plan ahead. For my normal day to day, I tend to eat the same foods so I know they fit my calorie goals. The exception comes in when I go to a special occasion like a cookout or a party. For example, my husband took off for Sept 11 which is the first Falcons game of the season. We're going to either bbq burgers or order pizza. In order to indulge in the food AND beer, I'll play football outside with the guys to burn a few extra cals. Things like that are the only time I actually make a plan of attack.
  • kristyann86
    kristyann86 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I don't plan ahead either. I find that if someone brings in groceries that I would NOT have brought in the house I tend to look at the label and see the portion. I like to have a stocked cabinet and fridge full good things to eat that way at the spur of the moment when I'm hungry and pull something out it will be a good calorie count. Not some random pack of oreos mixed in with granola bars
  • Bella1hud
    Bella1hud Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Friday QOTD: I don't preplan/log nearly as often as I need to. The days that I do are always my best days. Like others have said, I can always make changes mid-stream if I need to. I like preplanning my day's foods because then on the actual day I don't have to THINK at all about what I'm going to be eating, as that decision has already been made. :laugh:
  • arcticbear
    arcticbear Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'm so upset... I think I did too much exercise yesterday and am holding onto water weight... stupid scale... at least I did my challenges...

Me too!!!!!
  • arcticbear
    arcticbear Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Friday: Thank you again everyone - never occurred to me to preplan!!! What a good idea! I have my breakfasts sussed and therefore now quick to log, and have an idea about snacks. Like the idea of checking menus online for calories - what a brilliant database MFP has. That never occurred to me either.

Great ideas - thank you!
  • Friday QOTD:

I've never actually logged in advance because I like to challenge myself to make healthy choices without prelogging. I might try it sometimes when I know i'll have a busy day, but I like to eat whatever healthy food my body is craving that day.
  • totustuusmaria
    totustuusmaria Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    It is my experience that my most successful days are those where I have planned and logged all my foods in advance. Do you plan and log your daily menu in advance? Do you find it helps? Please share your experiences and any suggestions you might have to help us fit planning ahead into our already busy lives.

Never tried it before, but it sounds like something I might try...
  • Magic_Girl
    Options
    I know I'm late on these but my computer sucks right now and has been slow for the past couple days...

Wednesday QOTD: What was the hardest change you had to make in order to lose weight?

The hardest thing for me was to have to check my food all the time. Check my portions, check the calories, check how many calories a day I have left, check how many calories I need to burn if I ate something I regretted. It was sooo much easier to just pick up something with out knowing what the portion was or how many calories was in it and just eat it. BUT of course that was the UNHEALTHY way of eating and I know it will NOT help me lose weight so it doesn't really bother me all that much anymore.

Thursday QOTD - Whats the one food that you've found the hardest to give up? and do u on occasion treat yourself to it?

The one food...umm... well there has been more than just ONE food that is hard for me to give up, but I guess I'll go with ICE CREAM and PEANUT BUTTER!!!!! However, I didn't ever give up on peanut butter... I love it too much so I eat it almost everyday until it's gone. I do make sure I don't eat too much only like 1 tablespoon a day (sometimes 2). As for ice cream, I found an alternative which is fudge pops!!! They are cheap, low calorie, low sugar, and satisfying! :smile:

Friday QOTD : Do you plan and log your daily menu in advance? Do you find it helps? Please share your experiences and any suggestions you might have to help us fit planning ahead into our already busy lives.

No, but I have thought of it a lot and I think I'm going to start doing it. Now that I'm in college I need more time to focus on school and I don't like to get on the computer that much because I get distracted easily and end up wasting away my time on it. Which isn't good because if I'm going to WASTE time then I should be exercising or doing school work instead. I usually know ahead of time what I'm going to eat but I don't log it until AFTER I eat it. And usually if I log it in and see I went over my calories, sugar, etc. I feel super bad because I already ate it and now I have to burn the calories off to make it up. So I think it would be a way better idea to log it BEFORE I eat, that way if I go over on my calories or w/e then I know that I just have to eat less of it or change it for something healthier!!! :bigsmile:
  • sarah61587
    sarah61587 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thursday:
    I haven't given up any food. I still eat what I want, but pay attention to how much I am eating. If I want a treat, I either work out more, or eat lower calorie foods during the day. Whenever I have tried completely giving up something, I always find myself cheating. I am hoping doing it this way keeps me on track.

Friday:

I do a weekly menu plan but I haven't been organized enough to actually plan and log my meals in advance. I am lucky to have the time to log food as I eat it! My son starts school in a couple of days though so things should slow down a bit and I'll have a little bit more time to concentrate on organization and planning
  • RunningAddict
    RunningAddict Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I don't plan ahead because I stay so busy I never really know where I'm going to be and what I'm going to eat. I do think that it is a good idea to plan ahead and have prepackaged food.
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options

I have had to start planning and logging since school started back. If not, I would be rushing to get lunch when I leave in the morning - no good! So, I plan breakfast, am snack, and lunch the night before. I usually log it ahead of time too. I don't plan dinner, but I usually think about it in case I need to take something out of the freezer. It all works pretty well. I do get tired of having to spending the time logging and planning, but I know it wouldn't work if I didn't.
  • Soon2BMrsRamos
    Options

I sometimes do and I sometimes don't. I am a night shift RN and if I am working two nights in a row esp then I will plan what I am having for those two days ahead of time so I don't have to wake up early on my work days. On the other days I am not very good about planning.
  • sakus32
    sakus32 Posts: 101
    Options
    Friday QOTD : It is my experience that my most successful days are those where I have planned and logged all my foods in advance. Do you plan and log your daily menu in advance? Do you find it helps? Please share your experiences and any suggestions you might have to help us fit planning ahead into our already busy lives

I don't usually "plan" ahead, but I do have my go to foods on hand and shop accordingly. We all eat the same foods, except my kids eat more pasta than I do, I substitute my veggies for the pasta, but that is the only real accommodations that I make. I had tried to plan and prepare my meals in advance and found that I spent the whole weekend in the kitchen away from my family. I also felt pressured to get everything made and I don't like to feel that way on my weekends, I spend enough time feeling pressured to complete tasks.
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Hey girls, we are still missing a lot of weigh-ins. Please submit ASAP if you haven't already done so. Here is the link https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dFEyMnNkVFFtUmFGNkdtYWhtZ29FS2c6MQ
  • klyvers512
    klyvers512 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Friday QOTD : It is my experience that my most successful days are those where I have planned and logged all my foods in advance. Do you plan and log your daily menu in advance? Do you find it helps? Please share your experiences and any suggestions you might have to help us fit planning ahead into our already busy lives

I don't log/plan...I find when I do this, LIFE happens and it doesn't always go as planned. I will have an idea of what I could have, but I don't log it until after it actually happens.
  • SiyaL8R
    Options

I sometimes "test the waters" by logging food in advance so I can better plan lunch and dinner. I like to see how many calories something has in order to gauge what I can or cannot have that day.

BTW I am slow on the tech side of this and didn't realize the questions weren't in my Purple Group forum until just now.

I knew I needed to make a change when I didn't fit into my favorite size 14 jeans anymore. Which btw I wore last night! Take that fat! I've always been big or the bigger end of my peers. I remember weighing 100 pounds in 5th grade; whereas, my little sister didn't weigh 100lbs until HS. I am 5 inches taller, but still I've always admired how tiny she was the attention she go for being that cute, smaller one.

I saw a picture of myself at my friends wedding and I have never looked so heavy and uncomfortable in a bridesmaids dress. But for me my "awakening" was when I started having joint issues. I've played soccer since I was 7 and never had joint issues until I turned 31 and got to my heaviest weight 222. So I am playing soccer again once a week (with a knee brace) and making better choices and bought a scale this year. Can you believe I never owned a scale until this year? Crazy.