Clean Eating!

13»

Replies

• DH's and drive thru's 2 things....

1.  Corn syrup is in a lot of fast foods, it is addictive and increases appetite.. 

2.  It maybe a way they think they are curbing their appetite. If they are pre diabetic then short quick tempers are being managed too with food... It maybe hard for them to be so hungry, only to come home to the aroma of dinner cooking and having to wait further... I know that sounds childish, but if your man is pre diabetic this could be the answer and certainly not childish.  

Solution:  give them a rice dish to have at afternoon tea or just before leaving work... Rice, peas corn, sultanas, turmeric . This will keep them satisfied until dinners ready.  Don't forget a napkin and spoon! :)
  • Question for the Clean Eaters:
    Tosca keeps saying don't count the calories and I'm a reformed WW point-counter so it's really tough for me to not only stop counting but to figure out whether I'm stuck at this plateau (from the very beginning of eating clean!) because I'm eating too much (I try to do the 3 meals/2 snacks every few hours but I'm usually not hungry) or too little. How do you know how much to eat/how do you track your progress on MFP if you "don't count calories"? Please help me understand, I'd really like to make this my lifestyle, but I'm getting frustrated!
  • anetap2000
    anetap2000 Posts: 116 Member
    great topic.
    bump for later:smile:
This discussion has been closed.