Female age 45-50 with 40-50 pounds to lose?

Options

Replies

• AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    I'm almost 52 but you just described me!
  • lazyspice
    lazyspice Posts: 8,515 Member
    Options
    So, if I was to start a group . . .

Ladies only or shall we let the lads play too?
  • lazyspice
    Options
    Ok, shiny new group time!

If anyone wants to join this is the link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1611-fabulous-and-fit-to-be-40-s-and-50-s
  • asugar
    asugar Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I just turned 50 and have about 20 lbs I want to lose. I'd be happy with 10. Count me in!!!
  • asugar
    asugar Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I just noticed the thread said 40-50 lbs to lose. I think I have been trying to lose these 15 lbs for quite awhile and the only thing that has helped is MFP so I would still like to join if it's ok.
  • lazyspice
    Options
    Alyssa, can you believe this is the original thread we replied to back in August?!
  • vrlknl
    vrlknl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 45 with 70lbs to loose. I have realized with this app that I get more sugars and sodium than daily requirements, i've changed alot of the way i eat already now i need suggestions on better choices of food i don't have alot of time to cook so i am used to quick meals any ideas?
  • neyes67
    neyes67 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hi:
    I would love to join this group. I am a 53 yr old female with 50 pounds to lose and I believe it has all settled in my middle. Does anyone have some tips on getting rid of this "muffin top"? I appreciate the support.

Nearly all of my weight loss came from me doing Jillian Michaels workout DVD's. No More Trouble Zones is great for targeting specific areas and toning. It does run about 50 minutes though. I started with the 30 Day Shred and built up to the longer workouts. The shred is only about 20 minutes.

WOW! I'm 44 years young and the Jillian Michaels workout DVD's really helped me lose my 1st 40 pounds as well. 30 Day Shred, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and 6 Week Six Pack really did the job for me. For the most part very intense short workouts with great results if you put in the effort. I've also tried her Ripped In 30 which is really good especially after trying the others. She just released another workout DVD this fall which I plan to try in 2012. I also plan to start running in 2012 and am trying the C25K application to get me started. I've also become a part of an all female beginners running group to keep me motivated and to take it to the next level. To be quite honest I have found eating the right foods and your water intake makes a world of difference when it comes to losing the muffin top in addition to cardio and strength training. Incorporating a good ab workout never hurts it strengthens your core and the muscles in that area. But for the most part I've founf that what you eat is key. Yes, it can be done. Please count me in!
  • lazyspice
    Options
    Morning all!

If any of you haven't spotted the link, there is now a group - please come and say hello :flowerforyou:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1611
  • gjc50
    gjc50 Posts: 35
    Options
    me me me! about to be 49 and have that much to lose!
  • cajmanthei
    cajmanthei Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I'm 51 and have 40 pounds to lose - again!
  • cmrg23
    cmrg23 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 and have 40lbs to lose!! I'm a bit overwhelmed and need all the support I can get. Planning on jumping in full force come Monday! Feel free to add me. :)
  • clsbwyatt
    clsbwyatt Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am 46 and have set a goal to lose 25 lbs for now. I have been trying to motivate myself to lose weight for a while now. I am miserable in my clothes and the feeling brings me down. In the past, many years ago I lost a good amount of weight and it was such a great feeling. I will lose the weight and keep it off for good. I am certainly not getting any younger. I want to feel more energetic, healthier and younger. Any motivation I can give or receive would be great. Please feel free to add me as your friend on this journey. Good luck. It won't be easy but it will be so worth it!!!
  • tgrant766
    Options
    I am 43 and I would like to lose 50-60 lbs - please count me in. I am new to this site so I do not know how to add friends
  • lazyspice
    Options
    If any of you haven't spotted the link, there is now a group - please come and say hello :flowerforyou:

We're growing faster than I anticipated but jump in! I'm sure you'll all get to know each other and make friends.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1611

liblannd also posted these which you might want to have a look at:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1009-50-100-lbs-to-lose
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/933-women-40-and-feeling-fine
  • rgeisser65
    Options
    I am 46 and have about 50 pounds to lose as well. I would to share my experiences. I am having a terrible time with the after 40 weight loss. It is quite frustrating for me because I am only 5' 1" and extra weight shows so much more physically as well as healthwise. I have no energy. Looking forward to some moral support.

Robin
  • Brendanery1967
    Brendanery1967 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am 44 and need to lose 30 lbs to be healthy or 40 lbs to be Sexy.....:bigsmile:
  • kitkat4141
    kitkat4141 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I just joined MFP yesterday and would like to join your group although I'm 54 maybe I could be the wise old woman! Last March I reached my goal weight after losing 50 pounds and have been maintaining ever since. I worked with a personal trainer due to my age, physical condition, plus the fact I had never exercised in my life.
  • ViMeza
    ViMeza Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am 41 with 50+ pounds to lose please add me!! Thanks