Who here has been married more than once??

Options
13»

Replies

• crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Maybe my divorce is still too fresh but as much as the romantic in me would love to get married..it hurt so muc that I can't imagine even loving anyone else again. Sometimes I think I might like to date but I never meet anyone. When I tried online dating before it was pretty horrible. So I sit home watching adult swim and taking care of my son. Pathetic I know.

Not pahetic.

It's hard...you sit there wondering why on earth anyone would voluntarily want to go through the whole dating mess again (yeah...I hate THAT game with a passion), when they had a life built and waiting for them to just do the right things with it. It's something you can't fathom...but part of your brain just keeps trying.

It's sad...but it is what it is. Part of healing I guess.

The reaction I get from women to me raising my kids is either admiration, or active anger. Cut and dry, no middle ground. Unfortunately the majority respond with active anger. But the fact remains, I'm all they have. Because of both of those circumstances...I've done my fair share of sitting at home watching some lame show and taking care of my kids as well.

Again, you aren't pathetic, you're worthy of respect.
  • Sasssy69
    Sasssy69 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I am divorced once and in a 5 year relationship- he has never been married and doesnt have kids- i have one son.

I learned alot from my first marriage. I believe in marriage and my honey and I talk about it but he isnt rushing to get there and neither am I.

To some people being married is very important. To me not so much. My boyfriend and I have so much more together than my ex and I ever had. And we are both happy with the way things are.

Besides its scary when myself and most of the people I know are divorces or going through it

^^^THIS^^^ - Me too...
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    the sanctity of marriage huh
  • genann
    genann Posts: 236
    Options
    Yes the right man does exist for everyone... I was married the first time at age 18...much too young. We divorced when I was 30. I left the marriage with 2 of the most beautiful daughters you could ever ask for. I married the second time at age 35 and have been happily married for 25 years now.
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I've been married twice. The first husband for 16 years, divorced, trying to make the best life for myself and my children in a bad situation. Not ideal, but my son recently said he wouldn't be where he is today if we were still together.

Second marriage wasn't perfect, but he was a great guy, unfortunately he died tragically after a long illness.

I don't feel the need to marry again, but would like a non-live-in partner. I think I have carried much more than 1/2 the load in both of my marriages, and I don't want to go there again. If there is a man out there for me, he would have to come fully-formed and mature, I'm not prepared to mother anyone again.

GG
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, makes me wonder how many "older" (as in over 30) people are out there who have never been married.
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    "A second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience" - my second husband.

And, I'm his second wife.

We are both much, much happier together. :heart:

i love that saying.

Ive been married before, but was dumped after 9 years (apparently didnt love me anymore) and in april im getting married to my lovely fiancé, weve been together 6 years, and have children together, and its so exciting
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I was never going to get married again, until I got bored a year ago. Then I was just going to date to have someone to do things with. Now I think we are planning a wedding for sometime in January, or February.

I am going to get myself fixed next month. My 3 teenage boys are enough for us. We don't want anymore kids.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    the sanctity of marriage huh

What did you mean by this?

To me...marriage most certainly is sacred. I didn't, and don't believe in divorce (for myself), and will always choose to work on my relationship, rather than abandon it.

That goes triple for marriage.
  • JanLeb
    JanLeb Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I was one of the "I will never ever do it again" girls, but somehow that changed. I am now married again (the 3rd time for me):ohwell:
    I say the first didn't count as we were both young, only lasted about a year, the second seemed much better, but that fell apart in a huge way.
    I spent many years on my own, raising my 3 children and didn't even have any desire to date. Then one day I met my now husband, and after dating for about 6 months I knew I could be in trouble, but still insisted 'never again'
    When he proposed I am sure I was in shock, but said yes :heart:

We have been together now just over 6 years, married 3years and I can honestly say I have never been happier with being with another person!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I was married for 10 years the first time and divorced him when he decided to want to "play" with various female co-workers.

I remarried 7 years ago and I now know what truly being in love is like. My husband is an incredible man. We have 3 "kids" between us. My son is 21 and my daughter is 19. His daughter is 20. We have had our struggles ( mostly because of kids) but thankfully, they are growing past that.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I've been married 4 times.

1st Time - 1977 - Lasted 1 Year . She was a Russian Jew
    2nd Time - 1982 - Lasted 2 Years. She was an Italian Catholic
    3rd Time - 1987 - Lasted 3 Years. She was a Czech Christian
    4th Time - 1992 - Just celebrated our 19th Anniversary and we are going strong. We don't discuss religion.

When you are getting ready to marry for the 4th time, after 3 failed marriages, you have to take a look at the common denominator.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    My mom has been married and divorced 5 times, dad twice. Oddly enough I haven't been married yet but have no fear of marriage. It's actually something I'm looking forward to.
  • Leola2011
    Leola2011 Posts: 192
    Options
    I've been married twice and so has my husband. His first wife passed away and my first marriage ended in divorce. Together, we're parenting 7 children! Love can be sweeter the second time around, but only if both people have done some serious work on themselves. Otherwise, each person will bring with them all the baggage from the first marriage and who wants that?? Thankfully, my husband and I each avoided the dating scene for about a year after each of our losses (we didn't know each other at the time). We did this so we could focus strictly on our own healing and that of our children without any unnecessary distractions. By the time we met, we each had a greater understanding for the "give" part of love and not just the "take" part. That's made ALL the difference!
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    married at 19 divorced at barely 23.
    we had a disagreement - he thought it was ok to hit me, i disagreed.
    i'm just not the commitment type - at. all. the idea of merely dating freaks the hell out of me. fwb's are quite enough for the time being i think.
    as far as again? maybe when i'm 30. maybe even older than that. i just don't see ever caring about one person so much that i'm willing to take on their name and family and all that jazz. but who knows? i think absolutes are complete crap though so my advice is possibly counterintuitive.
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I've been single three years now & no one has met my son. I date... My son dies not need to take that journey with me. If I meet the right guy that time will come... Just haven't gotten there yet;-)
    Was married at 25 and all for the wrong reason. Knocked up girl and decided to do right by her. Did not last but a minute it seems. I was single parent for 8 years as I got custody of child in process. Like you, I dated but the first person he spent any time with was his mother(she has spent more time with him than the one who carried him, so she is mom). It has been 10 years and life is beautiful. Divorce is not an option for us unless physical abuse or infidelity is involved, so we are in this for the long haul. If something happens to my wife, I would probably be open to marriage again, but it would be hard for anyone to meet my expectations as she is definitely my soulmate. And since I have already proven that I can do it alone, I think I would rather be a father to my children than divide my affection between them and someone else.
    But this is just me.
    E.
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I've been married 4 times.

1st Time - 1977 - Lasted 1 Year . She was a Russian Jew
    2nd Time - 1982 - Lasted 2 Years. She was an Italian Catholic
    3rd Time - 1987 - Lasted 3 Years. She was a Czech Christian
    4th Time - 1992 - Just celebrated our 19th Anniversary and we are going strong. We don't discuss religion.

When you are getting ready to marry for the 4th time, after 3 failed marriages, you have to take a look at the common denominator.
    LOL...what demonitation are you?
  • voluptas63
    voluptas63 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    This gives me hope for myself and my man friend (He married his HS sweetheart and they divorced after 5yrs of marriage) who says he'll never marry again:)
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    This gives me hope for myself and my man friend (He married his HS sweetheart and they divorced after 5yrs of marriage) who says he'll never marry again:)

He will;-)