Sexism

Schwarzeaugen
Schwarzeaugen Posts: 129 Member
I love MFP, but there's something I love even more :D -- the wonderfully sexist gender divisions that people create on here [at times]. I don't care what pop psychological crap you've been reading or how little you understand population statistics: the differences between 'groups' are less than the differences within 'groups'. Men are not from Mars and women are not from Venus

SORRRYYYY FOR THE RAMBBBBLINNNNGGG

Replies

• infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Disagree. There are exceptions to every rule, of course, but I think there are some pretty definite differences between 'men' and 'women' in general. Not about everything, and not in every case, but they are definitely there. It's not sexism- it's social norms, genetics, upbringing, age, culture and probably a little science too.
  • thetorontokid2
    thetorontokid2 Posts: 231 Member
    WORD.
  • Schwarzeaugen
    Disagree. There are exceptions to every rule, of course, but I think there are some pretty definite differences between 'men' and 'women' in general. Not about everything, and not in every case, but they are definitely there. It's not sexism- it's social norms, genetics, upbringing, age, culture and probably a little science too.

Of course there are differences, although I would argue they are socially constructed, but my point is that there are greater differences between any two women than between men in general.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member

Of course there are differences, although I would argue they are socially constructed, but my point is that there are greater differences between any two women than between men in general.

You're writing your thesis, aren't you.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    My annswer toi alll lifes problemms is to get drunk and watch....ummm...adult enterrtaiment videos
  • Schwarzeaugen
    My annswer toi alll lifes problemms is to get drunk and watch....ummm...adult enterrtaiment videos

I'm inclined to agree with you.
  • Schwarzeaugen

Yup.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    This is why I like to give my 2 cents in every TOM thread that I can.
  • natskedat
    natskedat Posts: 570 Member

Yikes! Talk about a sexist comment! Way to generalize, dude.
  • odusgolp
    This is why I like to give my 2 cents in every TOM thread that I can.

*smoooooches*
  • odusgolp

Yup.

I suddenly feel like a mouse in a maze...
  • infamousmk

Really? I find I have a lot more in common with the average woman than I do the average man. A woman understands hormonal rollercoasters (genetic), the woes of childbirth (genetic), the pressures of the media on self esteem (social), why finding the perfect bra matters, and the weight of decisions involving reproductive responsibility, such as abortion, birth control, and abstinence.

These are not things I typically find men I am friends with to fully understand.
  • Schwarzeaugen

What's sexist about it? I don't think you understand my point.
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    WORD.
    DR OW.
    I love MFP, but there's something I love even more :D -- the wonderfully sexist gender divisions that people create on here [at times]. I don't care what pop psychological crap you've been reading or how little you understand population statistics: the differences between 'groups' are less than the differences within 'groups'. Men are not from Mars and women are not from Venus

SORRRYYYY FOR THE RAMBBBBLINNNNGGG
    Not knowing everyone one on here, I have no real way of knowing if some are from Mars and some are from Venus... I assume we have ppl from all over the Planets... this could hurt someone's feelings if any members are not Earthlings .....
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    128887096688694977.jpg
  • natskedat
    natskedat Posts: 570 Member

What's sexist about it? I don't think you understand my point.

I don't think you understand women.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    The question remains... where the hell is my damn sammich?
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,307 Member
    5414660_8716bf615a.jpg
  • infamousmk

I'm not barefoot, and the kitchen is .. .uhh ... *looking around* ... over there ...
  • odusgolp

The cat ate it before the pancakes.

He's a *kitten* from Jupiter.