anyone using medi weightloss clinic diet???

Options
Hey!
I just started Medi Weightloss clinic diet. Today is only my 2nd day. Looking for other people on the diet & support.

Replies

• tracikearns
    tracikearns Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    a good friend of mine started it the other day, I think today was day 3 for her... I worry about gaining weight back after such a strict diet!
    Good luck to you though!
  • dsaterstad
    Options
    My did Medical Weight Loss Clinic a year ago and is keeping it off. I think it's similar to Medi. MWLC has a great community/support on Facebook you may want to look into
  • dawny95
    dawny95 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you both!
  • YesICan92977
    Options
    I used it from May-August and lost 28 lbs. I have not been on it all of August (though I do MFP) and I have not gained a pound. I haven't lost, though, either. I couldn't afford $70 a week anymore, so I am trying to count cals/carbs on this site. A lot of low-carb haters on here, though!
  • YesICan92977
    Options
    Anyone want to start a closed medi group so that we can encourage each other without the carb-hate? :laugh:
  • KimbaJL
    KimbaJL Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi there...I'm on MWL and its been 6 weeks and I've lost 18 pounds...VERY excited! :)
  • Bethieolemiss
    Options
    hey i saw your post....I was on it too and loved it however the price was way too much. Wondering if you can support me...see that your doing it without the medication and need the support!

Beth
  • DinkyDini
    Options
    This Topic seems to have died! I've been on MWL for 3 weeks now, and I would really love people to chat with. I agree there are a lot of low carb haters, and especially when they hear how strict it is. I worry about gaining it back when I meet my goal, but I really think that once I get there, if I'm careful, stay within my calories and only indulge on rare occassions and not daily I'll be okay. If anyone else is doing MWL, lets start a group, MWL forums are hard to find.
  • KimbaJL
    Options
    Hi all...I wanted to send out an update about myself. My first appointment with MWL was on 7/27/11 and I've lost 46 pounds so far...I have less than 10 pounds to go until I reach my goal weight. I've encountered a lot of negativity doing this "diet"...peole will say to me...once you start eating carbs again you're going to gain it all back...well duh! In my experience no matter what kind of "diet" you do if you start eating like you used to eat before the "diet" you're going to gain the weight back...this is common sense to me. The goal of MWL is to help you eat healthy and to realize what your body needs to live. Your body only needs so many carbs in a day to survive and MWL helps you realize that. I have to say the first week was very hard and then after that when they added 2 cups of veggies into my day that helped a lot. Its gotten to the point where I'm just not hungry anymore...I only eat because I have to eat to live. I have a schedule of what I eat and what time I eat and I try and stick with that every day...its just habit now. I wish all of you who try MWL the best of luck because if you stick to it it really does work and you'll feel SO amazing! :)
  • lioyka
    Options
    Anyone Still Doing this?? I just started and I am looking for a support group.
  • kaykay1070
    Options
    I did, had great success but eventually the cost caught up with me I couldn't complete.. I lost 30+ lbs in a short time and was short of my goal by10 or so when I just couldn't afford it any more. Unfortunately, without finishing to that maintance phase and lack or support at home (which is why I did it, the family doesnt need any weightlose help) I gained every bit of it back. I've tried to do it 2 more time but without the support at home and $$ it just wasnt going to work. I may try it again with a start day of May 1st. Hoping to get a medical note to charge it to my FSA card...

Good luck all !
    Kay:happy:
  • KimbaJL
    Options
    Hi there...I'm still doing this. I reached my goal weight 2 weeks ago and lost a total of 55 pounds since 7/27/11. I'm in week 1 of phase 2 and i can have carbs now again...not a lot but its still good. I'm mostly excited becauase I can peanut butter again and that is my absolute favorite thing in the world...he he he. I encourage everyone to keep it up...your goal is in within reach! :)
  • cindy6649
    cindy6649 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 4 of week 1 of MWL and am really struggling. I get so weak that I don't even feel like eating. The 500-800 calorie a day goal is very hard. Is anyone else going through this?
  • kathyanne112
    kathyanne112 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    So glad to find a thread on this. I started at my local clinic on 4/4/12. My total loss so far is 49#. I'm trying to lose 105-110# total. I went on vacation in June and wasn't able to stick with it and have had a few weekend trips - and both of those things have really messed me up. I have gained on my last three visits. Not much, but still the wrong direction. I'm ready to really rededicate myself and get this done.

As far as that first week, I didn't have any weakness to speak of, and I was really surprised. I do take the prescribed appetite surpressants, by the way. I sometimes get weak on the diet now, when I exercise. I think the low, low calorie level is something your body has to adjust to. I don't feel it's unhealthy, though, which is something I would have thought before going on the diet. Most of the time I feel very comfortable and really light. I have my flexibility back and alot of my agility, too.

My advice is to push yourself through the first week. Just make note of your symptoms, and tell them at your next visit. There are several common ones that go away on their own as you adjust. I ate pretty much lean meats and fish that first week. Very little cheese, if any, and no "products," even MWL. I drank my water and stayed under 500. I lost 11# in the first week!

I think one of the keys is getting and staying in ketosis, so that your body burns fat instead of muscle. And ketosis does cause a weak and light headed feeling when you first experience it. And ketosis does begin to occur at about Day 4 of the diet. Just hang in there.
  • cindy6649
    cindy6649 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info. I'm on Day 11 now and have only lost 8 lbs. I'm a little disappointed but I had started losing weight before I actually started MWLC so I can live with it. My problem seems to be making myself eat enough calories sometimes. The appetite suppressant works so well that I almost never get hungry. The down side is that I start feeling weak, dizzy and very irritable at times so I have to force myself to eat.

I have a long way to go but I'm still strong, at this point anyway. :bigsmile:
  • secret_smile85
    secret_smile85 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, are any of you still doing this? I was on medi 2 years ago through the clinic, then got pregnant and just decided a week ago to restart but to forgo going to the clinic (day 8 today and down 8 lbs woot woot!) I would love to hear from anyone that is still on it!
  • jknee22
    jknee22 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just found this thread! I'm a recent graduate and am on Day 2 of the MWL diet. I started because my mom lost 45lbs last year in 4 months on the diet (Starting Weight: 170) and has since kept it off. I now live at home with her and have never been more motivated, (not to mention I recently got engaged in August, and wedding planning is creeping up).

A little about my weight journey:
    I've struggled with weight my whole life. I'm 5'2 and hit my high of 165 my freshman year of college (my grandfather actually asked me if I was pregnant). After 2 years of working out and properly dieting, the lowest my body could ever manage was 132 (and that was probably a week). After graduating from grad school, I've hit my comfort weigh of 137 and am extremely excited to see my results at the end of the year. My goal is 120, (a huge stretch for me) but I'm determined and hope that through this thread we could all support each other :)

The appetite suppressants is honestly what keeps me going. If I didn't have that I would be the most unpleasant person to be around!! Curious if anyone attempted the diet without the suppressants, and for how long?
  • calgirl83
    Options
    Hey All!
    I am starting at the clinic today...first visit. How are you doing on the diet? I really am not looking forward to stepping on a doctor's scale. I know there is a forum for Medi on LC friends...Looking forward to see how you all have been doing since you started, it will help me to hear about your success!
  • rlrod88
    rlrod88 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I lost 54 lbs while following Medi Weight Loss. It has been great. I just completed my second month of maintenance. I have never been able to maintain weight loss with any other program. I feel this time I have the tools and knowledge to keep the weight off. One big suggestion -- - up the exercise!! I also find taking recipes and modifying to fit the high protein low carb life style helps. It is also fun and keeps me motivated.
  • rlrod88
    rlrod88 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I did it without suppressants. You are not eating or drinking enough. You can do it!