The Diamond Challenge: Round 5 - Town Hall Meeting!

Options

Replies

• ShiningDiamonds
    Options
    QOTD: What is your first memory of being very excited?

My response: probably when I got a Monchichi Monkey....I remember seeing it and just being super excited - I still to this day do not know what happened to it, but I carried that thing with me everywhere I went. If you don't know what they are here is a link you can copy & paste (http://alphamom.com/family-fun/party-play/blast-from-the-past-week-the-monchichi-monkey/).
  • balowry1
    balowry1 Posts: 85
    Options
    I really have a bad memory, but I can remember the time when my parents told me we were moving to Hawaii. My dad being in the military, this was a nice. So, moving from Florida to Hawaii, and being able to go to the beaches, flea markets, malls, etc. Also, being able to take a bus ride around the whole island (Oahu) is one day. That was exciting.
  • bbrwneyes
    bbrwneyes Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    WOW, this is a hard one! I guess I would say my first excited memory was when we were finaly able to get a dog!
  • barbara1982
    barbara1982 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I had a lot of exciting moments in my life. Actually I am not sure what my first one was, but i definitly know the moment, when i was most excited. It was on March 23rd 2005. This was the day when I was accepted for an exchange year in the US. I was so excited you can't believe, as this was my biggest dream for years! And on Sunday it will already be 6 years, that I left for my year abroud in Cincinnati! :-)

Have a nice week everyone! Keep shining diamonds!
  • LittleDiamonds
    Options
    LOL @Angie's monchichi monkeys!

monchichi%20monkeys%20boy%20and%20girl.jpg
  • miss_jamaica
    miss_jamaica Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    QOTD Response:

I have a terrible memory myself, but I do recall being thrilled to get a doll called a "Baby Alive" when I was about six or seven. It is a doll that moves it's mouth when you feed it, then poops and pees into a diaper. My mother would "pamper" me by buying me pampers for my baby doll. Every time I did something good she would give me fresh pampers to use! LOL. I believe the doll looked different when I had one, but this is the modern version:

• lablovr108
    lablovr108 Posts: 576 Member
    Options

My first memory of being very excited is the year that the cabbage patch kids were very popular (early 80s). They were nearly impossible to get but my sister and I both wanted one so badly for Christmas. We didn't have a lot of money growing up as my dad was a cake decorator/baker and my mom was a SAHM. We were excited Christmas morning when we each opened a Cabbage Patch Kid. We were VERY excited when we each opened a second CPK!!! I learned years later that my mom was on a waiting list at one store and in the meantime, she had found them at another store. She put them in layaway and when she was called and told she had two from the waiting list store, she and my dad decided to get us each two. I had a red haired little girl named Michelle and a preemie named Scotty Lew. My sister and I took those dolls everywhere with us.
  • pverbarg
    pverbarg Posts: 490 Member
    Options

It was when I was 5 and my parent moved out to a farm where we had livestock. we quickly got pigs and a batch of eggs to hatch into chicks - watching those chicks bust out of the eggs and then holding them was really really exciting.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I think my first exciting moment was when I received my first sewing machine when I was six.
  • carteremma
    carteremma Posts: 52 Member
    Options

When I was about 6 I remember being so excited i thought I would burst about seeing my cousins. There was a massive rift between my Dad and his sister so we did not get to see that side of the family much. I can't actually remember what we did when they arrived, we probably just played together, but the anticipation of knowing they were coming and sitting looking out of the window waiting for them to turn up was the first time (that I can remember) being really excited.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options

When I got my first cat when I was 4 yrs old! :3 x
  • Choirgirl37
    Options
    Hey Teams; message me if you are looking for a new member :-)

Update: I found the registration form etc.
  • bballgrrl34
    bballgrrl34 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I can't really remember, but it might be when I got a dog for my third birthday. I was super excited and I even got to name him. I made it up myself and I came up with Shermail. Don't know where it came from but at the age of 3 I was super happy about my choice.
  • LoraEllen
    Options

From a very young age, I remember going to Pensacola where my grandparents and all my aunts, uncles, and cousins lived. My dad was the only one of the kids that moved away so when we came home they always pulled out the red carpet. The most amazing food I've ever had in my life, visits to the park, time at the beach, just whatever the kids wanted to do

They always made us feel so good and they were always happy to see us. I just remember it being happy times full of love and fun.

I still go by my grandparents house where those memories were made when I visit Pensacola........but its not the same. I cry and drive away and realize how thankful I am to have those memories to keep with me forever!
  • onehecticmom
    onehecticmom Posts: 299 Member
    Options

This is a tough one, but the first one that comes to mind was when my grandparents took me to Disneyland. I have a relative (I am sure it is a distant relative, 3rd cousin twice removed type thing) who played in the orchestra and help compose It's a Small World. Anyway, we went to CA to visit his family & go to Disney of course. I was 6 or 7 at the time. I was so excited, they had a huge house (to me at least) with a pool we would swim in every day. We also went to Universal Studios & I certainly remember the backlot tour. It had Jaws & he comes up out of the water like he is going to eat you. Of ourse I had to be RIGHT there when it happened. I still have yet to see the movie.
  • CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options

My first memory of being excited is when I moved to California from Louisiana (exciting, and scary at the same time!)
  • CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    QOTD Response:

I have a terrible memory myself, but I do recall being thrilled to get a doll called a "Baby Alive" when I was about six or seven.

OMG, I had one of those dolls too, and I just LOVED her!!
  • ChanMay
    ChanMay Posts: 39
    Options
    mine was the Cabbage Patch for Christmas too lol. Mom had forwarned me that so many little girls asked Santa that he may not have enough to go around. I found out quite a few years later that she stood in line at Consumers for 8 hours to get me that doll :)
  • kris24824
    kris24824 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I drank too much in college and can't really remember stuff like that before High School. But when I was in 7th grade I went to Space Camp. I saved up for over a year to go with babysitting money and what not. I was so excited to go and it was the greatest experience as a kid. I wanted to be an astronaut all the way up until Chemistry in college and then realized it wasn't for me! :)
  • nomerebutterfly
    nomerebutterfly Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi! My first post as a diamond! My first memory of being excited? Er... probably going to Kindergarten on the first day. I remember I had a 101 Dalmatians backpack and I was jumping up and down in the back seat of my mom's car. She just laughed instead of telling me to sit down. I still get excited about school. :) *NERD*